LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 448 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by dims24:
yea that's what it was..... thanks. That still doesn't answer the question of the stadium being so close to HQ....hmmm. Guess we have to wait to see how it plays out.

I'm hoping our man Marvin knows. Maybe someone else will...

For those not familiar this is what we are trying to figure out... why did they make the front of the building face right into the back of the stadium. I believe the face of the hq (the 49ers logo, main entrance) before they moved it was facing towards the tasman road which would have made sense. Nobody will be driving in from the corner it faces now.

You are correct about the alignment, but I'm sure they will make modifications to the HQ to accomidate.

As for WHY they did that....there really wasn't much of a choice. The HQ has been there for decades and the stadium wasn't going anywhere else.
Thanks for the info Marvin.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by dims24:
yea that's what it was..... thanks. That still doesn't answer the question of the stadium being so close to HQ....hmmm. Guess we have to wait to see how it plays out.

I'm hoping our man Marvin knows. Maybe someone else will...

For those not familiar this is what we are trying to figure out... why did they make the front of the building face right into the back of the stadium. I believe the face of the hq (the 49ers logo, main entrance) before they moved it was facing towards the tasman road which would have made sense. Nobody will be driving in from the corner it faces now.

You are correct about the alignment, but I'm sure they will make modifications to the HQ to accomidate.

As for WHY they did that....there really wasn't much of a choice. The HQ has been there for decades and the stadium wasn't going anywhere else.

Yup. They had no choice. They have to shoehorn it in. The site narrows right where the HQ building sits.

When it's all done, the HQ building will almost hang off the SE corner of the stadium sorta like a semi-detached garage. I'm guessing that Centennial Blvd. will become a private road open to staff only. The public access to the stadium will be primarily from the North and West (Tasman Dr. and the Great America parking lot). and the showcase open corner of the stadium is to the NW, directly opposite the practice facility. So the HQ building will be "in the back," so to speak, away from the main entrance.

My question is whether the players will be able to use their practice facility locker room on game days. It's so close that they could build a tunnel or covered walkway that lets the players go straight off the field and into their regular locker room. It's about 150 yards from the home team sideline to the HQ locker room.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Yup. They had no choice. They have to shoehorn it in. The site narrows right where the HQ building sits.

When it's all done, the HQ building will almost hang off the SE corner of the stadium sorta like a semi-detached garage. I'm guessing that Centennial Blvd. will become a private road open to staff only. The public access to the stadium will be primarily from the North and West (Tasman Dr. and the Great America parking lot). and the showcase open corner of the stadium is to the NW, directly opposite the practice facility. So the HQ building will be "in the back," so to speak, away from the main entrance.

My question is whether the players will be able to use their practice facility locker room on game days. It's so close that they could build a tunnel or covered walkway that lets the players go straight off the field and into their regular locker room. It's about 150 yards from the home team sideline to the HQ locker room.

I am sure they will build a separate locker room in the stadium. That would make sense to me.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am sure they will build a separate locker room in the stadium. That would make sense to me.

Yeah, maybe keep the 49ers HQ locker rooms for practice since they are so close to the field and have a separate one for game days inside the stadium. I don't think they went into cutting costs mode so I don't see them using the old 49ers hq locker room for both.

By the way isn't our home side line going to be the side closest to the camera/hq. The opposite side closest to the Hilton is away correct?

Thanks for the answer Lifer
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM ]
OK...I think I figured out what were are looking at.....

I think they are building up to the club section. The long white horizontal beams connecting to the white diagonal external beams are the givaway. That doesn't show up anywhere else in the design.

I've circled the sections I'm talking about.

• Lifer
  • Veteran

Yeah, maybe keep the 49ers HQ locker rooms for practice since they are so close to the field and have a separate one for game days inside the stadium. I don't think they went into cutting costs mode so I don't see them using the old 49ers hq locker room for both.

By the way isn't our home side line going to be the side closest to the camera/hq. The opposite side closest to the Hilton is away correct?

The Home side is to the West, closest to the Hilton and right underneath the giant wall-o-rich-people. This puts the sun the eyes of the visting team for afternoon games, just like Candlestick Park. Not a big deal but that's the way most teams do it. If you sit on the home side, you get the shade.

The Home side is to the West, closest to the Hilton and right underneath the giant wall-o-rich-people. This puts the sun the eyes of the visting team for afternoon games, just like Candlestick Park. Not a big deal but that's the way most teams do it. If you sit on the home side, you get the shade.

Correct. My buddy who has club seats was told the 49ers Helmet will go up on the visitors sideline on the east side of the stadium on the 50. They will run onto the field from there and over to the west sideline.

The locker rooms will be on the east side of the stadium to accomidate this.

Correct. My buddy who has club seats was told the 49ers Helmet will go up on the visitors sideline on the east side of the stadium on the 50. They will run onto the field from there and over to the west sideline.

The locker rooms will be on the east side of the stadium to accomidate this.

Yes the home team SHOULD be on the western side which will get the shade/sun at their backs during late afternoon games (even if this doesn't logically make sense as the visiting team will be closer to the 49ers' HQ building...

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM ]
Well seeing how fast they got that stuff done they should have the entire skeleton done over the course of 4-6 months right? Jeez you think they might get this thing done sooner than we thought?

Well they said on one of those videos that they can do 50 pieces of steal for each of the 4 cranes a day (200 total) and they have 14,000 pieces to put up. That equals 70 days if they can keep on that 200 a day pace. That's a little over 2 months and I figured that's why they said in Oct. you will see a night shift startup and they will be working on the seats on the inside of the stadium.

----

Thanks for sharing Marvin. I didn't think the edge of the stadium would be that close to 9ers HQ. Could be the angle but seems like that might cramp the HQs a bit. Are they going to change things up later so there is more parking? Plus isn't the front of the building going to be right next to the back of the stadium?

Say you are looking at this picture:

So top left in the corner of the stadium is the road to the 49ers HQ (coming off tasman?) Seems like it would be pretty squished back there and it kind of makes the 49ers HQ invisible. That road leads up to the front entrance of the 49ers HQ? They changed the front of the building from the one side to the other before the stadium got started... why do that when they will basically be facing the back of the stadium... wasn't the front of the building facing the tasman dr? road before.

You see that white building on the bottom of the picture below? Thats the 49ers Training complex. Yup...squished in there. ;-)
As for parking (and I'm assuming you mean parking at the HQ), they have already eliminated "Mount Pain" (the hill Singletary put in) and that entire length of the property on that side was converted into parking. I think they also got some space for parking on the south side of the HQ.

I dunno how many people have noticed, but they changed the directions of the fields at the HQ to accomidate the changes and are also building an outdoor workout facility on the property. The stadium isn't the only construction going on. ;-)

Good info Marvin!

So top left in the corner of the stadium is the road to the 49ers HQ (coming off tasman?) Seems like it would be pretty squished back there and it kind of makes the 49ers HQ invisible. That road leads up to the front entrance of the 49ers HQ? They changed the front of the building from the one side to the other before the stadium got started... why do that when they will basically be facing the back of the stadium... wasn't the front of the building facing the tasman dr? road before.

Marvin pretty much covered it, but just to answer your question, the front of HQ didn't used to face tasman. It was facing to the west. Toward the parking lot across the street, as well as the parking lot north of great america.

I think they are building up to the club section. The long white horizontal beams connecting to the white diagonal external beams are the givaway. That doesn't show up anywhere else in the design.

Actually I think they are building one level lower than what you circled in the stadium render. I think it is the top of the 100s, which would be the first level above street level.
Originally posted by TRK49:

Actually I think they are building one level lower than what you circled in the stadium render. I think it is the top of the 100s, which would be the first level above street level.

You could be right.

I realized AFTER posting that if it were the section I thought, they shouldn't be connecting the diagonal beams vertically.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
It could just be me, but i dont think theyre keeping up with the "200 piecies a day" pace that they originally claimed. The lot looks a lot like it did after the first few bits of steel went up.
It just hit me this s**t is finally being built. f**king fantastic.
Share 49ersWebzone