LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No Question...that white on the outside is the outside edge of the stadium...look at the below screencap and look at the angle of the vertical beams....same as pictures from the final product. You can even see that it has the same small "lip" at the top. What were are looking at is the creation of the Upper Concourse.

Attaching the actual portion of the finished stadium that we are looking at on the Live Cam...
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by BayArea:
So is the square box thing right in front of the camera going to be the framework for the outer edge of the stadium?

I dont know if we're talking about the same thing, but I saw somebody briefly pan the camera to the right and that white steel beam stretching across the camera is attached to some vertical beams and appears to be part of the external structure you see in the renderings

I am thinking so guys. Hopefully it doesn't look like some people said "a box of popsicle sticks". I am sure it will look better once it's done but I hope those giant pictures of the players are interchangable. Would be cool if they had some video screens up on the outside as well showing clips of like the "catches" and other memorable plays/highlights. I would think they will have advertising up as well. I would guess a stadium in California has to be earthquake retrofitted so it can't have the characteristics of those other stadiums. For instance I wouldn't think you could use a large amount of brick like a lot of the baseball stadiums (and some football) to the east.

No Question...that white on the outside is the outside edge of the stadium...look at the below screencap and look at the angle of the vertical beams....same as pictures from the final product. You can even see that it has the same small "lip" at the top. What were are looking at is the creation of the Upper Concourse.

And this is a current view from the same vantage point as the bottom drawing...and I'm thinking that platform at the top there is actually part of the LOWER Concourse, not the Upper Concourse as I stated before.

I got another shot looking down Centennial in the other stadium thread.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM ]
So much fun watching the progress on the stadium already!
Well seeing how fast they got that stuff done they should have the entire skeleton done over the course of 4-6 months right? Jeez you think they might get this thing done sooner than we thought?
Well seeing how fast they got that stuff done they should have the entire skeleton done over the course of 4-6 months right? Jeez you think they might get this thing done sooner than we thought?

Well they said on one of those videos that they can do 50 pieces of steal for each of the 4 cranes a day (200 total) and they have 14,000 pieces to put up. That equals 70 days if they can keep on that 200 a day pace. That's a little over 2 months and I figured that's why they said in Oct. you will see a night shift startup and they will be working on the seats on the inside of the stadium.

----

Thanks for sharing Marvin. I didn't think the edge of the stadium would be that close to 9ers HQ. Could be the angle but seems like that might cramp the HQs a bit. Are they going to change things up later so there is more parking? Plus isn't the front of the building going to be right next to the back of the stadium?

Say you are looking at this picture:

So top left in the corner of the stadium is the road to the 49ers HQ (coming off tasman?) Seems like it would be pretty squished back there and it kind of makes the 49ers HQ invisible. That road leads up to the front entrance of the 49ers HQ? They changed the front of the building from the one side to the other before the stadium got started... why do that when they will basically be facing the back of the stadium... wasn't the front of the building facing the tasman dr? road before.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran

The frame is always the easy part... seating, electrical, plumbing... thats the time consuming part.
I read somewhere they are going to spend 1.3 million on a new HQ so it may be moved slightly from where it is now.
Originally posted by dims24:
I read somewhere they are going to spend 1.3 million on a new HQ so it may be moved slightly from where it is now.

Maybe you heard this.

The 49ers are constructing a permanent, outdoor weight room after players raved about the temporary one that's been up since last year. The 12,000-square-foot building (with three hangar-like doors) is expected to be completed by mid-September at a cost of about $1.7 million, Baalke said.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/07/29/goldson-earns-praise-from-gm-baalke/

Now when they have practice and you aren't in they let the guys work out under the tents. I am thinking they will put some type of glass room with the equipment in it. That is one way to get to the top... maximizing time plus how they already use 2-3 fields at a time and everyone gets more reps.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM ]
yea that's what it was..... thanks. That still doesn't answer the question of the stadium being so close to HQ....hmmm. Guess we have to wait to see how it plays out.
yea that's what it was..... thanks. That still doesn't answer the question of the stadium being so close to HQ....hmmm. Guess we have to wait to see how it plays out.

I'm hoping our man Marvin knows. Maybe someone else will...

For those not familiar this is what we are trying to figure out... why did they make the front of the building face right into the back of the stadium. I believe the face of the hq (the 49ers logo, main entrance) before they moved it was facing towards the tasman road which would have made sense. Nobody will be driving in from the corner it faces now.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM ]

I'm hoping our man Marvin knows. Maybe someone else will...

For those not familiar this is what we are trying to figure out... why did they make the front of the building face right into the back of the stadium. I believe the face of the hq (the 49ers logo, main entrance) before they moved it was facing towards the tasman road which would have made sense. Nobody will be driving in from the corner it faces now.

They're most likely going to redesign a lot of that area. They could be moving a big part of HQ into the stadium, too. Would make sense to expand into the new facility.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
They're most likely going to redesign a lot of that area. They could be moving a big part of HQ into the stadium, too. Would make sense to expand into the new facility.

Good point, thanks.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM ]

The frame is always the easy part... seating, electrical, plumbing... thats the time consuming part.

My guess is that the structural steel skeleton will be mostly done by Halloween. In the last interview with the project executive I saw on Monday I believe, he said at a certain point the structural steel will be far enough along to where crews can start working at night hanging the pre-cast stadium risers in the bowl area. I read that they're already made and sitting in a yard in Sacramento. It's going to look like a stadium in no time at all.

Also the panorama shot tonight has a good look at the big beam blocking the view of everything.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM ]

How long do you think that step takes from start to finish?

Well they said on one of those videos that they can do 50 pieces of steal for each of the 4 cranes a day (200 total) and they have 14,000 pieces to put up. That equals 70 days if they can keep on that 200 a day pace. That's a little over 2 months and I figured that's why they said in Oct. you will see a night shift startup and they will be working on the seats on the inside of the stadium.

----

Thanks for sharing Marvin. I didn't think the edge of the stadium would be that close to 9ers HQ. Could be the angle but seems like that might cramp the HQs a bit. Are they going to change things up later so there is more parking? Plus isn't the front of the building going to be right next to the back of the stadium?

Say you are looking at this picture:

So top left in the corner of the stadium is the road to the 49ers HQ (coming off tasman?) Seems like it would be pretty squished back there and it kind of makes the 49ers HQ invisible. That road leads up to the front entrance of the 49ers HQ? They changed the front of the building from the one side to the other before the stadium got started... why do that when they will basically be facing the back of the stadium... wasn't the front of the building facing the tasman dr? road before.

You see that white building on the bottom of the picture below? Thats the 49ers Training complex. Yup...squished in there. ;-)
As for parking (and I'm assuming you mean parking at the HQ), they have already eliminated "Mount Pain" (the hill Singletary put in) and that entire length of the property on that side was converted into parking. I think they also got some space for parking on the south side of the HQ.

I dunno how many people have noticed, but they changed the directions of the fields at the HQ to accomidate the changes and are also building an outdoor workout facility on the property. The stadium isn't the only construction going on. ;-)
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 3, 2012 at 8:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone