There are 196 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JERMGEEK:
According to this article Kap is out performing Smith on 7-on-7's
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/06/inside-the-49ers/moss-makes-greatest-catch-ive-ever-seen/

Not exactly. Yes, Kaep scored on his two passes and Smith didn't, but the article was basically about Randy Moss making a great catch. I guess you can credit Kaep for that, but the guy that wrote the article didn't.

Also, not sure you can state that Smith is being out performed on a sample size of two throws. The article began by lauding Smith for dominating the other QBs during team drills.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
thank you, i think i agree. i do really really hope ck will beat out johnson

Why? Johnson is still young. And although the 49ers didn't draft Johnson, Harbaugh recruited him in college. Johnson is much more a "Harbaugh Guy" than Kaep is. The reports out of practice are that Johnson looks pretty damn good (though throwing to Moss would make any one look good). I don't understand why people really want Kaep to be the starter or beat out Johnson. Is it upside? It sure isn't based in the reality of their respective performances, experience, mechanics, or history with this coaching staff.

why do you want johnson to beat out kaep?? its your opinion dude. just like they have there opinion on why they want kaep to beat out johnson, not to mention kaep is more involved with our 1st strings than johnson has been up to this point in camp. personally id want kaep to win the starting job fairly mainly because we waisted a 2nd round pick on him and paying him 2million a year or something like that sooooo.

I don't want Johnson to beat out Kaep or vice versa. I want the best players to play. If that's Kaep, then great. But wanting him to beat out Johnson because of his high draft status or upside (the two reasons primarily given by posters) isn't enough in my opinion.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
When we started stockpiling draft picks in this years draft my immediate thoughts were of our quarterback situation. None of them appear to be true, franchise quarterbacks, at least at this time. I bet Harbalke are preparing themselves to move waaayyy up in next years draft to grab a franchise QB if there is one available. This the only piece we still need to make us a powerhouse for the forseeable future.

We have Carolina's 3rd, and an extra 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th. However, that's not nearly enough draft capital to be in play for a franchise QB. After all Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, and Ryan Tannehill were all top 15 choices.

We stockpiled extra picks because as our roster sits right now, we don't have may weaknesses. But injuries and FA will cut some of those numbers down next year. Use the picks to trade up and fill holes (like safety next year). We don't really need 'camp bodies'. We have plenty of reserves that are quality players.

At this point, unless you really tank it, you won't have a chance at a franchise QB in the draft.
so what exactly have you seen that would make you.... ah never mind

Rocket Arm, blazing speed, great mobility, great leadership, intellegent, a heart to never quit, and a big heart who loves other's, an over achieverhis work ethic is in comparrison to all time greats(what Nevada and 49ers teammates speak of). All these things listed are not things I've heard or seen once or twice. These are things that are repeated by his college and 49ers teammates, coach's and staff. CK7 is a far more gifted player than Alex. It will not take him 7years to throw for 3100 yards and lead his team to the NFC title game. It will be far sooner. Do I support alex smith? Of course! He's QB of the greatest franchise in football history. It is to my axiom that CK7 is far supperior.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:

Rocket Arm, blazing speed, great mobility, great leadership, intellegent, a heart to never quit, and a big heart who loves other's, an over achieverhis work ethic is in comparrison to all time greats(what Nevada and 49ers teammates speak of). All these things listed are not things I've heard or seen once or twice. These are things that are repeated by his college and 49ers teammates, coach's and staff. CK7 is a far more gifted player than Alex. It will not take him 7years to throw for 3100 yards and lead his team to the NFC title game. It will be far sooner. Do I support alex smith? Of course! He's QB of the greatest franchise in football history. It is to my axiom that CK7 is far supperior.

Yeah, it won't take Kaep 7 years to get a real coaching staff either.

He'll be in year 3 + in the same system if he ever takes over. So yeah it's easy to make that call now that we have Harbaugh right?
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

He'll be in year 3 + in the same system if he ever takes over. So yeah it's easy to make that call now that we have Harbaugh right?

It won't but if he were in that situation...well...let's say it is not very difficult to outperform Alex under those conditions. I mean, QB's not even in the league anymore were able to do that.
CK is a natural knee bender, 'nuff said.
Originally posted by kush:
CK is a natural knee bender, 'nuff said.

That throws the javelin.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
When we started stockpiling draft picks in this years draft my immediate thoughts were of our quarterback situation. None of them appear to be true, franchise quarterbacks, at least at this time. I bet Harbalke are preparing themselves to move waaayyy up in next years draft to grab a franchise QB if there is one available. This the only piece we still need to make us a powerhouse for the forseeable future.

Can't agree. The D line at the very least is likely to start needing some serious work in the next couple of years, and that is just the effects of time, not injuries.

No guarantee either of our first two picks makes it. Very much hope they both do, but you don't build a franchise on hope. With the situation regarding Moss up in the air as to whether he will perform or not, we could well end up in dire need of a running back, at least one wide receiver, a defensive end and a nose tackle. They may not all need to start straight away, but we will need them to be good.

Excepting injuries, I shall be amazed if we draft a qb anywhere before the 4th or 5th round next year.
Originally posted by Joecool:
It won't but if he were in that situation...well...let's say it is not very difficult to outperform Alex under those conditions. I mean, QB's not even in the league anymore were able to do that.

you mean JTO?

youre referring to the year alex competed with a broken shoulder bone as a reference?

Did they have WRs that aren't in the league anymore as well?

Did they have WRs that aren't in the league anymore as well?

They were on the same team as Alex.
Clearly Harbaugh is a fool for not starting Kaepernick !

Heck if Harbaugh had any sense he would be breaking down walls to get JT Osullivan back to train Kaepernick.

Harbaugh is a fool and Alex Smith is horrible.

Honestly, when are you people going to accept you have been wrong about Smith and just be a man and move on?
Originally posted by English:
Can't agree. The D line at the very least is likely to start needing some serious work in the next couple of years, and that is just the effects of time, not injuries.

No guarantee either of our first two picks makes it. Very much hope they both do, but you don't build a franchise on hope. With the situation regarding Moss up in the air as to whether he will perform or not, we could well end up in dire need of a running back, at least one wide receiver, a defensive end and a nose tackle.

The coaches seem to think very highly of RJF... constantly referring to him as starting quality. Any special reason to think a draft pick would need to take his spot?

( other than contract extension, which I suspect is high on their list when possible )

Dobbs looked excellent in the last preseason, and I know we can only hope he can develop further into a starter, but wouldn't that same hope apply to some draft pick rookie?

They also seem fond of Tukuafu. I know Justin is the man, and Sopo is up in age and contract... but could it be that we have more talent on the DL than you think?
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Clearly Harbaugh is a fool for not starting Kaepernick !

Heck if Harbaugh had any sense he would be breaking down walls to get JT Osullivan back to train Kaepernick.

Harbaugh is a fool and Alex Smith is horrible.

Honestly, when are you people going to accept you have been wrong about Smith and just be a man and move on?

Share 49ersWebzone