LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 16to87:
agree but Alex needs to get the ring this year or next max if not let Kap cut the ribbon to the new stadium

thats pretty dumb i mean for example peyton ahs only won one SB a long time ago (2007 was it) no one tries to replace him

i mean if we do good and are playoff team and contendors then you dont replae your qb

why r u talking about manning??? the guy is an MVP, HOF, and a sb champion (I dont care if he won the SB back in 1956.... he's a champion) too bad we cant say the same thing about our current starter (after 7 years) .u can come up with some absurd stats about AS, who cares?? now thats pretty bumb if u ask me. plp claim that coach is a qb guru, well he decided to draft Kap.... he should have a good reason, maybe cause he knows the position better than some of us.
I really dont think Kap will ever start as a 9er, but any of them can win some games with our defense.
Originally posted by fly15:

plp claim that coach is a qb guru, well he decided to draft Kap.... he should have a good reason, maybe cause he knows the position better than some of us.
I really dont think Kap will ever start as a 9er, but any of them can win some games with our defense.

Well if you are agreeing that Jim is a QB guru, then you should make note that Jim went out and re-signed Alex at a pretty hefty price. Now why would the guru do such a thing if he really believed that "any of them can win some games with our defense" ?

He drafted Kap for two reasons.. (1) He liked him as a QB to develop + (2) the Niners had 1 QB on the roster at that time... and his name was David Carr, who Jim already showed a lack of belief in when he earlier had a 6th rd grade on him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 16to87:
agree but Alex needs to get the ring this year or next max if not let Kap cut the ribbon to the new stadium

thats pretty dumb i mean for example peyton ahs only won one SB a long time ago (2007 was it) no one tries to replace him

i mean if we do good and are playoff team and contendors then you dont replae your qb

why r u talking about manning??? the guy is an MVP, HOF, and a sb champion (I dont care if he won the SB back in 1956.... he's a champion) too bad we cant say the same thing about our current starter (after 7 years) .u can come up with some absurd stats about AS, who cares?? now thats pretty bumb if u ask me. plp claim that coach is a qb guru, well he decided to draft Kap.... he should have a good reason, maybe cause he knows the position better than some of us.

His point is that you don't usually try to replaced a proven playoff caliber QB(Smith) or better(Manning), unless you are sure the other guy is better than what you already have. The best example of this was the 'evaluation' of Manning by Harbaugh.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Rocket Arm, blazing speed, great mobility, great leadership, intellegent, a heart to never quit, and a big heart who loves other's, an over achieverhis work ethic is in comparrison to all time greats(what Nevada and 49ers teammates speak of). All these things listed are not things I've heard or seen once or twice. These are things that are repeated by his college and 49ers teammates, coach's and staff. CK7 is a far more gifted player than Alex. It will not take him 7years to throw for 3100 yards and lead his team to the NFC title game. It will be far sooner. Do I support alex smith? Of course! He's QB of the greatest franchise in football history. It is to my axiom that CK7 is far supperior.

And how are you related to him, is he a personal friend or something that you know so much about him? I like the kid, and think he has a lot of potential, but if you drop him on that 2005 team, he might not even be in the league anymore. I get that you really like the guy, but it seems like you might have something personal driving your fondness of him. I saw him play several games in college, and still think he is a project QB that will need another year or two to be NFL ready, but he has a lot of advantages that Smith did not coming out of school, the biggest being a head coach that understands how to develop a QB as well as a roster with a load of talent on it. The future looks bright for Colin, but there is no need to rush him in there at this time, especially if the coach doesn't think he is ready.
Smith got a 3 year contract, that should be just about right for Kaep.
Alexcuses, Alexcuses... Please Mister sing a real song! Hope Alex sets off the charts and brings home #6. But I don't think he will, sad to say let's hope I'm wrong. But either way he still is inferrior to CK7. Minus pro-level experience
Pay attention to what you read!!! I never said Colin should be rushed in there!!! I stated that teammates, coach's, staff etc. Speak on the guy. I agree with you yes he is a project and is going to take time to get in there. But also Yes he is far more gifted at the position than alex smith.
Alexcuses, Alexcuses... Please Mister sing a real song! Hope Alex sets off the charts and brings home #6. But I don't think he will, sad to say let's hope I'm wrong. But either way he still is inferrior to CK7. Minus pro-level experience

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:

plp claim that coach is a qb guru, well he decided to draft Kap.... he should have a good reason, maybe cause he knows the position better than some of us.

Well if you are agreeing that Jim is a QB guru, then you should make note that Jim went out and re-signed Alex at a pretty hefty price. Now why would the guru do such a thing if he really believed that "any of them can win some games with our defense" ?

He drafted Kap for two reasons.. (1) He liked him as a QB to develop + (2) the Niners had 1 QB on the roster at that time... and his name was David Carr, who Jim already showed a lack of belief in when he earlier had a 6th rd grade on him

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids lol
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Thank you Sir. Continue to do well

Question to the forum -

When was the last time you can remember there were so many idiot punks bashing a 9er Quarterback who got us within inches to the Superbowl?

I'm thinking probably 90% of them never even saw Joe or Steve play.

I'm wrong?

You know I'm right.

Go play Madden kids. You don't have a clue.

^ Hahahahahaha this guy
Pay attention to what you read!!! I never said Colin should be rushed in there!!! I stated that teammates, coach's, staff etc. Speak on the guy. I agree with you yes he is a project and is going to take time to get in there. But also Yes he is a bit more gifted physically than alex smith.

fixed
Originally posted by kush:
^ Hahahahahaha this guy
Who the self proclaimed leg end ? I think which end
I like everything about him to be honest. I really think he can be great MVP/HOF material in the NFL. He throws kind of weird and anyone will tell you that but honestly who the f**k cares? In college he made some sweet plays happen and I think he can do the same in the NFL. I think they traded up for him for good reason and 3 years from now we will be thanking the stars he ended up on our team.
[ Edited by BayArea on Jun 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone