There are 287 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 16to87:
Where' s Smiths ring? no ring? can"compare him to Manning dumb comparison

the point is not to compare smith to manning

the point is that as long as a team is competing for a SB you shouldnt change your QB
My gut tells me that he's going to be a bust! We'll see.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:24 AM ]
I'm very high on CK7, in my humble view I put him in the same class as Cam Newton and RG3. So I'm heavily pulling for the CK7 campaign
So why do some on here think Kaep doesn't have what it takes? Did he show he doesn't have what it takes on the field by throwing 11 INT's to 1 TD or something? If he did that, then you have a debate.
^ I see what you did there
Originally posted by Joecool:
So why do some on here think Kaep doesn't have what it takes? Did he show he doesn't have what it takes on the field by throwing 11 INT's to 1 TD or something? If he did that, then you have a debate.

Turn the question around. Until he proves he does have what it takes, he is just another dude with a clipboard. Assuming, of course, he gets to carry the clipboard.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I wonna know why Kap doesn't get 7 years to prove himself, instead people are writing him off after 1 preseason and that was without an off season program.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I wonna know why Kap doesn't get 7 years to prove himself, instead people are writing him off after 1 preseason and that was without an off season program.
i want to know why some think kap should start right now. we can go back and forth on this all day, it works both ways
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Turn the question around. Until he proves he does have what it takes, he is just another dude with a clipboard. Assuming, of course, he gets to carry the clipboard.
i hope he does well as we moved up to get him and he is a niner so i support him,. However you can not totally discount what english just said in regards to assuming he gets to carry that clipboard. the reason josh was brought in is to push ck and scott. He does not have the number two thing locked up by any means
Harbaugh clearly needs to coddle and protect Kaepernick. He must wait until we finally have an established OL, starting quality WRs, and the WCO fully evolved before CK has a prayer.

Coddled, lil silver-spoon fed Kaepernick.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
I'm very high on CK7, in my humble view I put him in the same class as Cam Newton and RG3. So I'm heavily pulling for the CK7 campaign
so what exactly have you seen that would make you.... ah never mind
Originally posted by susweel:

I don't mind if he only gets one year but one must see him suck first in order to label him a bust. Alex was warranted as he looked like a bust his rookie year and most years he produced no better than Shaun Hill, which = backup.

Kaep needs to show me suck-age before I can say the kid can't handle it. As for his throwing, I don't think it hurts him at all with the 10+ yard passes. Where it hurts him will be the times he needs to slow down the forward motion also on the short passes because that's when his long windup will hurt the time on his delivery.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I don't mind if he only gets one year but one must see him suck first in order to label him a bust. Alex was warranted as he looked like a bust his rookie year and most years he produced no better than Shaun Hill, which = backup.

Kaep needs to show me suck-age before I can say the kid can't handle it. As for his throwing, I don't think it hurts him at all with the 10+ yard passes. Where it hurts him will be the times he needs to slow down the forward motion also on the short passes because that's when his long windup will hurt the time on his delivery.
where do you think the other kid, scott t fits in to all this,, if he does? practice squad?
Originally posted by cciowa:

where do you think the other kid, scott t fits in to all this,, if he does? practice squad?

We didn't draft him which means he gets less chances than Kaep no different than other QB's we brought in the last 7 years got less chances than Alex.

Scott and Josh may be better than Kaep for all we know but they won't get as many opportunities than Kaep due to what we have invested in Kaep.

I think this will be our depth chart:

Alex: starter
Kaep: backup
Johnson: emergency
Scott: practice squad and be reevaluated with Johnson and Kaep next year to see where he fits in.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
the point is not to compare smith to manning

the point is that as long as a team is competing for a SB you shouldnt change your QB

just cause my team is competing for a superbowl because everyone is now sprung off our defense doesnt mean i wouldnt be willing to upgrade my QB (and im a alex supporter might i add)!!! But yes, for me to want to switch QB's i would have to see a upgrade to want to change what we had accomplished last year.
Share 49ersWebzone