There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by kush:
That 15 yard out route to AJ Jenkins was an AMAZING throw to see in person. IMO no other QB on our roster gets even close to making that throw.

I just rewatched all of Kaeps snaps and I am extremely impressed. Great day for Kaep and certainly a lot to build on. Seeing all the negative remarks has me scratching my head right now...

lol i knew the sky would be falling for someone after the first preseason game. I didn't think it would be for a project QB who went 5/9 with a 78 yard TD run

freakin niner talk
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by kush:
That 15 yard out route to AJ Jenkins was an AMAZING throw to see in person. IMO no other QB on our roster gets even close to making that throw.

I just rewatched all of Kaeps snaps and I am extremely impressed. Great day for Kaep and certainly a lot to build on. Seeing all the negative remarks has me scratching my head right now...

lol really? it was a normal 15 yard out route, any qb on an NFL roster should be able to make that throw, AJ jenkins was wide open. I dont see what was so "AMAZING" about that play.

I just rewatched the whole game on NFL Network and Im disappointed in Kaepernick. He's a great athlete and very fast but he is a terrible passer. His release takes forever and its hideous. He reminds me of a faster Tebow. he made a couple terrible decisions where the ball was almost picked off and looked to run too much after that 70 yard run.

Tolzien looked a lot better than Kaepernick and it wasn't even close. Kaepernick should be the #3 QB by week 1 in my opinion. I would rather have Tolzien back up Alex than Kaepernick right now.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by kush:
That 15 yard out route to AJ Jenkins was an AMAZING throw to see in person. IMO no other QB on our roster gets even close to making that throw.

I just rewatched all of Kaeps snaps and I am extremely impressed. Great day for Kaep and certainly a lot to build on. Seeing all the negative remarks has me scratching my head right now...

lol i knew the sky would be falling for someone after the first preseason game. I didn't think it would be for a project QB who went 5/9 with a 78 yard TD run

freakin niner talk

Bench him he's horrible, bring back David Carr... hahah good thing were the fans, an we have Jim, an Trent making the real calls. To be honest were stack at Running back, Some team is going to get a great player just because are depth is sick. Good to back on top, and teams wanting are backups for once... The thing that made me wonder, was why know one went after larry grant. I'd like to work out a 2 or 3 year deal to keep him as a backup, but he's clearly looks like a starter on any other team, that doesn't have a Willis, and Bowman, I really thought some 3-4 teams would have made a offer...
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Dude it was 1 preseason game and you're already ready to say that he hasn't improved from last year?

Tolzien played great. Pocket precense and accurcy is natural... very quick release.

(Sorry OregonDuck didn't mean to quote you)
[ Edited by 49Perspectives on Aug 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by kush:
That 15 yard out route to AJ Jenkins was an AMAZING throw to see in person. IMO no other QB on our roster gets even close to making that throw.

I just rewatched all of Kaeps snaps and I am extremely impressed. Great day for Kaep and certainly a lot to build on. Seeing all the negative remarks has me scratching my head right now...

lol really? it was a normal 15 yard out route, any qb on an NFL roster should be able to make that throw, AJ jenkins was wide open. I dont see what was so "AMAZING" about that play.

I just rewatched the whole game on NFL Network and Im disappointed in Kaepernick. He's a great athlete and very fast but he is a terrible passer. His release takes forever and its hideous. He reminds me of a faster Tebow. he made a couple terrible decisions where the ball was almost picked off and looked to run too much after that 70 yard run.

Tolzien looked a lot better than Kaepernick and it wasn't even close. Kaepernick should be the #3 QB by week 1 in my opinion. I would rather have Tolzien back up Alex than Kaepernick right now.

I disagree, I've watched the game 2 times already. Colin problem is he's got to fire sooner, which is timming thats the whole thing with the west coast, he also has balls, he's willing to force the ball in a really tight window because he knows his arm is super powerfull, also he's playing against much better talent, alex played one drive, and colin came in against number 1 and 2, which is a lot more talent, than Tolzien went against. What makes me mad is josh johnson looked the worst, against the worst talent.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Alex Smith - Unquestioned starter and leader of the offense
Colin Kaepernick - Amazing athlete with great tools but still very raw; needs some work to be a legit NFL QB, but the potential is clearly there
Scott Tolzien - Solid backup and should be the #2; I wouldn't be worried if he had to step in and start if anything happened to Smith
Josh Johnson - Love the skills, athleticism and arm, but will only make the team if something happens to the 3 above
.
Originally posted by Garcia:
.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I disagree, I've watched the game 2 times already. Colin problem is he's got to fire sooner, which is timming thats the whole thing with the west coast, he also has balls, he's willing to force the ball in a really tight window because he knows his arm is super powerfull, also he's playing against much better talent, alex played one drive, and colin came in against number 1 and 2, which is a lot more talent, than Tolzien went against. What makes me mad is josh johnson looked the worst, against the worst talent.

Kaepernick is more athletic and has the stronger arm but nothing more.
Tolzien has better pocket presence and awareness. He timed his passes better and he has a much quicker release than Kaepernick. He's also a much better decision maker.

I've said it like 4 times already but I'll say it again..Kaepernick looked like a faster version of Tebow. He mistimed passes, made a couple very stupid decisions, his release takes forever, he looked confused inside the pocket sometimes. I just dont think Kaepernick is ready yet.

I know it was only 1 pre season game and a few drives..but I'd be more comfortable with Tolzien backing up Alex than Kaepernick right now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,106
49ers second-year QB Colin Kaepernick has reportedly had an "up and down" training camp.


Perhaps most worrisome, some 49ers players reportedly joke that Kaepernick "would rather run the ball than throw it." Kaepernick was a dual-threat quarterback at Nevada, and it seems he's not yet transitioned into a pro-style passer. We'll be keeping a close watch on Kaerpernick in preseason games. He's going to have to learn to play from the pocket to be an NFL starter.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers second-year QB Colin Kaepernick has reportedly had an "up and down" training camp.


Perhaps most worrisome, some 49ers players reportedly joke that Kaepernick "would rather run the ball than throw it." Kaepernick was a dual-threat quarterback at Nevada, and it seems he's not yet transitioned into a pro-style passer. We'll be keeping a close watch on Kaerpernick in preseason games. He's going to have to learn to play from the pocket to be an NFL starter.

It showed in the game today.
I've been following Colin since Nevada. What I think separates him from others is that he has the "it" factor. Yes, his mechanics are wonky and ugly. But he knows how to win. He's a gamer. Yes he was an ugly 5/9 but he led 2 scoring drives. I think that's what Harbaugh sees in him.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by ski11et:
I've been following Colin since Nevada. What I think separates him from others is that he has the "it" factor. Yes, his mechanics are wonky and ugly. But he knows how to win. He's a gamer. Yes he was an ugly 5/9 but he led 2 scoring drives. I think that's what Harbaugh sees in him.

you basically described Tim Tebow
his mechanics are ugly, his stats are ugly... but he knows how to win. lol
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by ski11et:
I've been following Colin since Nevada. What I think separates him from others is that he has the "it" factor. Yes, his mechanics are wonky and ugly. But he knows how to win. He's a gamer. Yes he was an ugly 5/9 but he led 2 scoring drives. I think that's what Harbaugh sees in him.

you basically described Tim Tebow
his mechanics are ugly, his stats are ugly... but he knows how to win. lol

That about sums up Alex Smith as well imo.
Tolzein is Shaun Hill 2.0 imo. Kaep doesn't look all the way ready yet but there is definitely something there. The footsteps are gradually getting louder for Alex.
I love his desire, he comes out and says "I want to show everyone that I can be a starter in this league", but he's a good 3 years away. Tolzein looked very good to me, I'd like to see him against the 2 string next game.