LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Tolzein is Shaun Hill 2.0 imo. Kaep doesn't look all the way ready yet but there is definitely something there. The footsteps are gradually getting louder for Alex.

I think based of yesterday the footsteps are fading
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
You guys crack me up.

First preseason game.

Remember the first preseason game last year?

Chill.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I think based of yesterday the footsteps are fading

Smith only travels by boat. You are hearing people drowning. It is hard to tell because the sounds are so distant.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
You guys crack me up.

First preseason game.

Remember the first preseason game last year?

Chill.

This. He played ok. Had a nice TD. All 3 QBs did their job yesterday.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Yep.

He certainly looked better to me than the last time I saw him, though. That's a positive to take from the game.

People need to stop jumping the gun so much after the first preseason game.

Brandon Jacobs is a beast, though.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Yep.

He certainly looked better to me than the last time I saw him, though. That's a positive to take from the game.

People need to stop jumping the gun so much after the first preseason game.

Brandon Jacobs is a beast, though.

Yes, notice I left off JJ
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
That about sums up Alex Smith as well imo.

So much fail everywhere.

Alex is a quarterback. Stays in the pocket, manages the game,makes good decisions has good mechanics.

Kap is one of the others. Looks to run, bad mechanics, see's everything LATE. Dude is going nowhere.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:
So much fail everywhere.

Alex is a quarterback. Stays in the pocket, manages the game,makes good decisions has good mechanics.

Kap is one of the others. Looks to run, bad mechanics, see's everything LATE. Dude is going nowhere.

How can you say Kaepernick is going nowhere? The guy has an strong arm and has the accuracy. He is also extremely athletic. Think Steve Young when the Walsh brought him in to backup Montana. It took Young several years to learn to become a pocket QB and became a HOFer when he did. Think Aaron Rodgers as he sat behind Favre learning the NFL game.

The game will eventually slow down for Kaepernick as he improves his footwork and anticipation. When it happens, watch out NFL. He is a fast, athletic QB with a big arm. From what I hear he is smart and extremely competitive. He has everything that it takes to be successful.

Give him time to put it all together. Patience is a virtue.
I love our QB situation. Last year I was way nervous. I wish we could keep all 4.

I don't get the hate. Some here hate more of our QBs than they like. If you hate half our players...
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by kush:
That 15 yard out route to AJ Jenkins was an AMAZING throw to see in person. IMO no other QB on our roster gets even close to making that throw.

I just rewatched all of Kaeps snaps and I am extremely impressed. Great day for Kaep and certainly a lot to build on. Seeing all the negative remarks has me scratching my head right now...

lol really? it was a normal 15 yard out route, any qb on an NFL roster should be able to make that throw, AJ jenkins was wide open. I dont see what was so "AMAZING" about that play.

I just rewatched the whole game on NFL Network and Im disappointed in Kaepernick. He's a great athlete and very fast but he is a terrible passer. His release takes forever and its hideous. He reminds me of a faster Tebow. he made a couple terrible decisions where the ball was almost picked off and looked to run too much after that 70 yard run.

Tolzien looked a lot better than Kaepernick and it wasn't even close. Kaepernick should be the #3 QB by week 1 in my opinion. I would rather have Tolzien back up Alex than Kaepernick right now.

Jenkins was not wide open. Reuland was wide open when god tolzein threw a screen to lamic

Harbaugh --'the Kaeper!!'

LMFAO
Originally posted by A-R-S:
So much fail everywhere.

Do your homework. His mechanics are very similar to John Elway. Not classic over the head.

Also worthy of note, Harbaugh and Chryst are fine with his motion and are not trying to change it. But you know better.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Jenkins was not wide open. Reuland was wide open when god tolzein threw a screen to lamic

Half back screen going to the left. He missed Reuland. It happens to qb occasionally. Not like they don't have the whole game to call that play again to capitalized on Reuland -- if they were in a real game.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by kush:
I see some Brett Favre, Jeff Garcia and randal Cunningham in this kid. Really look forward to seeing more of him!

Brett Favre and Garcia were very hard to sack, they had great pocket presence, and were gunslingers. I think Kaepernick is a mirror image of Randall (who amazingly also played at Nevada). Long, athletic, rocket arm, accurate.

When LMJ and Kaep were out there, those option plays we were running were scary.

Cunningham was at Vegas not Reno.
Originally posted by jdean:
Cunningham was at Vegas not Reno.

Dead on. Cunningham's older brother (or Father?) was Sam "The Bam" Cunningham. Damn good RB. USC offered (and many others offerered ) Cunningham him a scholarship to play RB and not continue as QB, as in High School. Only UNLV would let him play QB.
Share 49ersWebzone