LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

NFCC GAME !!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone know where I can find the full Philly game?
  • JD81
  • Veteran
TenYardTorrents.com
I haven't even seen any highlights from this game. Didn't want to see them then, don't want to see them now.

This game has the been the toughest loss I've ever experienced (worse than the NFC Championship losses in the 90s) because WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM and I can't help but cringe every time I think of the words "forward progress."
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I haven't even seen any highlights from this game. Didn't want to see them then, don't want to see them now.

This game has the been the toughest loss I've ever experienced (worse than the NFC Championship losses in the 90s) because WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM and I can't help but cringe every time I think of the words "forward progress."

Man, me too.

The only solace I can find is that the experience created a monster called the 2012 San Francisco 49ers, an entity so dangerous that even your mother feels the hits they deliver. Many of the past 49er championships occurred after a brutal losses in the playoffs the year prior that caused the team to get very serious and very angry. '84 might have never happened if they hadn't lost to a inferior Redskins team in the NFCCG in '83. The '87 loss to the Vikings might have spawned 2 championships as a result, Walsh said that was the worst loss he'd ever experienced and contemplated retirement after it.

The fact that the team knows they should have won it all creates a real pissed off hunger that I believe will amplify what a great team they already are, now they are playing with a purpose, to avenge that awful experience. You think it sucked being a fan, how do you think they feel about it? Trent Baalke even said he refuses to ever watch that game again.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jul 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Man, me too.

The only solace I can find is that the experience created a monster called the 2012 San Francisco 49ers, an entity so dangerous that even your mother feels the hits they deliver. Many of the past 49er championships occurred after a brutal losses in the playoffs the year prior that caused the team to get very serious and very angry. '84 might have never happened if they hadn't lost to a inferior Redskins team in the NFCCG in '83. The '87 loss to the Vikings might have spawned 2 championships as a result, Walsh said that was the worst loss he'd ever experienced and contemplated retirement after it.

The fact that the team knows they should have won it all creates a real pissed off hunger that I believe will amplify what a great team they already are, now they are playing with a purpose, to avenge that awful experience. You think it sucked being a fan, how do you think they feel about it? Trent Baalke even said he refuses to ever watch that game again.

You know what that does actually make me feel better and I really hope you are right about the players knowing they left a championship out on the field...

But still my main concern is that it seems like all the bounces went our way last year...not saying we weren't as good as we were or that we were lucky, but to think that we had a 1st round bye and were HOSTING the NFCC game...an unreal amount of evens have to go in your favor for that to happen. Even if we're better than last year, the likelihood of that is so slim. It just makes me think that our road to a championship is gonna be much harder next year and that it will probably not go through Candlestick.
It took me 2-3 months just to be able to turn the channel to ESPN, and even now, I still barely watch it. I'd have to consider myself a masochist if I ever got the urge to watch that game again.

Man, me too.

Thank you for this!
Man, me too.

Good perspective, bro. I guess I can open the garage door now (the car's been running for about ten minutes).
Burn it! I never want to see that game again.
Originally posted by Youngb:
If you really want to watch it, I know of a 23 minute highlight vid. I'll link it.

I just watched it I don't recommend anyone else hitting that play button.
Holy s**t dude. That was our freaking game! We should be superbowl champs. We dominated. Eli Manning threw a few up for grabs and we dropped a few interceptions. Kyle Williams fumbles twice. They have that b******t instant forward progress call where Bradshaw really fumbled. Just eliminate one of those things and we win that game and are superbowl champs right now. Giants got so damn lucky, it's pathetic. The second time they robbed us out of a ring! The Roger Craig fumble was b******t too! Why'd I watch this s**t dammit!

• MuggD
  • Veteran
can't watch lol
do not watch id you have a short temper
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
My junior year in college, I ran a drag route from TE, and the opposite side OLB took out my knee while I made the catch. Total cheapshot. He went through the knee like a hot knife through butter, tearing the ACL, MCL, PCL (partial), and joint capsule, while damaging the cartilage. The leg caved in so bad that the bones bruised each other on the opposite side and my foot hit me in the side of the hip.

I have watched the replay of that injury dozens of times.

I will not be re-watching this game.
OUCH! One thing is for sure, you NEVER for get that moment, I've had a couple like that too.
Man, me too.

I love this post so much. I honestly think this team is winning it all this year. As heart breaking as sports is with more "bad" moments than "great moments" The great moments are so great, that Ill take the bad ones.

Lets get Number Six this year boys!
Man, me too.

^this....Afterwatching this highlight clip, I realized Kyle Williams can be a legitamite return weapon....he is so damn fast after his first cut and looks to me like he has excellent downfield vision. These things combined with the "hunger" from the loss, we could have a really dangerous WR/KR.

There are certain things that happen to people in their own life that helps propell them to their full potential, this could be (i really hope so) one of those moments in the NFL career of KW. I am so excited for the 2012 season!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone