There are 290 users in the forums

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

1. Troy Polomalu
2. Ed Reed
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Donte Whitner
5. Earl Thomas
6. Dashon Goldson
7. Kam Chancellor
8. Nick Collins
9. Michael Griffin
10. Eric Berry
Goldson is a good up and coming Safety in this league, when the QB throws the ball over 20 yards he is attacking that ball like crazy, he has great vision when the ball goes downfield, and he is also very good at coming in on running plays, so if any of you think he isnt a top 10 Safety in the league ur crazy
Originally posted by 707Niners:
1. Troy Polomalu
2. Ed Reed
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Donte Whitner
5. Earl Thomas
6. Dashon Goldson
7. Kam Chancellor
8. Nick Collins
9. Michael Griffin
10. Eric Berry

In no way would I put Whitner above Goldson.... Reed has a shattered neck and he is old and lost a step. Historically better sure. NOW I think most would take Goldson. Younger, more healthy, less injured. He's easily top 5 anyway.
Did you see Whitner against the Saints? He was everywhere
Goldson is better than Whitner on Pass D, but Whitner's Run support is one of the best in the league, and if you put those two together i think Whitner has Goldson beat overall, but it is a toss up....Ed Reed had a weaker regular season compared 2 his past ones, but in the Playoffs when it really matters, when its win or go home, he had 6 Pass Deflections and a INT in two games....He's still a top 3 Safety in this league
Goldson is better than Whitner on Pass D, but Whitner's Run support is one of the best in the league, and if you put those two together i think Whitner has Goldson beat overall, but it is a toss up....Ed Reed had a weaker regular season compared 2 his past ones, but in the Playoffs when it really matters, when its win or go home, he had 6 Pass Deflections and a INT in two games....He's still a top 3 Safety in this league

Please. Goldson is bigger, stronger, more length, more instinctive. Inteceptions all over the field. Pass breakups. Good agsinst the run. Great vs. the pass. Goldson is better. Whitner has helped us. We used to have 2 weak spots at safety. Now we have 2 good players there.
1. Troy Polomalu
2. Ed Reed
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Donte Whitner
5. Earl Thomas
6. Dashon Goldson
7. Kam Chancellor
8. Nick Collins
9. Michael Griffin
10. Eric Berry

You forgot Weddle, the top FS in the league
Let him play out his 1 year deal, and then make that determination. If there's still time, I would leave a 4 year 20 mil deal w/ potential extra incentives on the table. Up to you to sign or not, Dashon. If you don't and have a great 2012? You will have some better leverage. If not? then you really hurt your bigger payday dreams. So the decision to gamble is yours.

I think he would be stupid to pass on a multi-year deal for 5+ mil per... just to make the 6+ mil for 1 year and HOPE to have a great and healthy 2012.
How many can you pay on this defense? If he was an Ed Reed type, sure pay him. The way the league is set up if a team offers you guaranteed money grab it. Especially at the safety position. He's a big hitter and makes game changing plays but he tried FA and came up empty. I don't think teams will pay big money for that position. If Eric Berry comes back healthy he'll be a rising star.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Hell no! He's good but not top 5. One solid year, that's is. Our D makes everyone look like a top 5 player, we ain't dishing everyone top dollar.

Get real Goldson, if your that good play one more year prove it then leave.

Rather save the money and extend Bowman after the season.

Goldson has had more than one solid season, and last year was much better than "solid". But if you feel he isn't worth it because he's only had "one good year" and "our D makes everyone look like a top 5 player" - then why do you think it makes sense to throw money into extending Bowman? He has had only one good year and plays in the same defense, right?

1. Troy Polomalu
2. Ed Reed
3. Adrian Wilson
4. Donte Whitner
5. Earl Thomas
6. Dashon Goldson
7. Kam Chancellor
8. Nick Collins
9. Michael Griffin
10. Eric Berry

Really Polamalu above Reed? I just don't see it.
Hey guys tell me if I'm wrong. Dashon Goldson had a fabuluos pass couple years with hard hits and some nice int's but it seems to me he was getting burned on a lot of big plays. I really think he is worth what they offered him a year ago 5years 25million
Or just franchise him and hope to save money by working out a long term deal.
Noway do you overpay for Goldston. Either he excepts the 5yrs 25mil or plays this yr and walks. He will not get more money in FA thats already been proven!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone