LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Make Dashon Goldson the highest paid safety in the league?

I love watching Dashon Goldson on Sundays. All he did last year was make BIG HITS and get some nice interceptions. He is a big part of our defenses 'hit you in the mouth' identity. I want to see him on our defense for a very long time. He has been playing great for us for a long time, and I think he deserves to be paid. PAY THE MAN!
Hell no, he isn't an Ed Reed, or Troy Polamolu, or even Earl Thomas(Who I think will be a great Safety in the league). So no. 25M was a fair offer, should of taken it. He isn't worth money that Eric Weddle got, who is overpaid. If he won't take a 5yr 25-30M deal, then sign him to the tender, and then explore draft options in 2013. I doubt anyone will give him 45M+, which would be top Safety money.
Make him top 5 and get the deal done. They were going to give him big money last year and he had a big year. So he's worth more. He doesn't need to be #1. Top 5 is fine. And he's worth top 5.
No, he's not worth #1, or top 5. He's a top 20 safety maaaybeee.... He's not even the best safety on our team!
lol no
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
No, he's not worth #1, or top 5. He's a top 20 safety maaaybeee.... He's not even the best safety on our team!

He's top 5 and that's what he will get on a 1 year deal and a long term deal. They offered him close to that last year. And this year was better for him. So how is he not top 5?
Makes big plays, gives up big plays. Not worth it. Worthy of a few million a year, no more.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Makes big plays, gives up big plays. Not worth it. Worthy of a few million a year, no more.

They offered him 5 years $25 million last year.... And he will make above $6 million this year. And above $6 million average on a long term deal very likely. And he's worth that. You don't have to pay him $7 - $8 million. But $6 plus he will likely get and he is worth that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

They offered him 5 years $25 million last year.... And he will make above $6 million this year. And above $6 million average on a long term deal very likely. And he's worth that. You don't have to pay him $7 - $8 million. But $6 plus he will likely get and he is worth that.

I wouldn't cry @ 5 years 25 million but I think his value is closer to 4 years 15 million.

He's top 5 and that's what he will get on a 1 year deal and a long term deal. They offered him close to that last year. And this year was better for him. So how is he not top 5?

I absolutely agree Goldson is a top 5 safety in this league. And he is only 27 so he should only get better. It's not like we are paying him top CB money. He is the biggest hitter in our secondary, and makes opposing WR's nervous. I LOVE watching him play on Sundays.

Originally posted by hateroids84:

I absolutely agree Goldson is a top 5 safety in this league. And he is only 27 so he should only get better. It's not like we are paying him top CB money. He is the biggest hitter in our secondary, and makes opposing WR's nervous. I LOVE watching him play on Sundays.

He is top 5 and will get that money and IS WORTH THAT. People are crying because the poster said "highest paid." If it said "top 5" I think you would get different reactions.
Hell no! He's good but not top 5. One solid year, that's is. Our D makes everyone look like a top 5 player, we ain't dishing everyone top dollar.

Get real Goldson, if your that good play one more year prove it then leave.

Rather save the money and extend Bowman after the season.
[ Edited by AlohaBruh on May 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM ]
praalke say no and NE didnt seem anxious to sign him to a big contract last year either.

He is top 5 and will get that money and IS WORTH THAT. People are crying because the poster said "highest paid." If it said "top 5" I think you would get different reactions.

I disagree with your assessment of Goldson. He will not get top 5 money from the Niners imo. they will offer him a contract similar to last year and if he doesn't accept he will walk next season. He will NEVER put up numbers anywhere clause to last season in any other defense.
Originally posted by WINiner:

I disagree with your assessment of Goldson. He will not get top 5 money from the Niners imo. they will offer him a contract similar to last year and if he doesn't accept he will walk next season. He will NEVER put up numbers anywhere clause to last season in any other defense.

They offered him close to that last year. And he had a far better year. So theoretically he would be worth more.
Share 49ersWebzone