There are 231 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am ready to end the Moss experiment and see what our #1 pick can do. I feel the same way about Jacobs never really saw the upside of Jacobs.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Oct 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM ]
He looks bored. Even after his catch, he looked disinterested. He's one of he most dominant players of his era. I understand how he'd be frustrated with being a decoy.
Jim said he's close to having a breakout game......
Originally posted by jreff22:
Jim said he's close to having a breakout game......

smoke and mirrors
FREE MOSS
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Moss time will be coming soon. Just like Kaep time, it took a few weeks until he was unleashed

Will be nice to see him break out this week!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by barako:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
So the rumor that he threw his helment on the sidelines isnt true right? heard it on knbr
I did not see it at all. I kept my eyes on him as much as I could.
non story,, if it would have taken place, you know the media would be all over it.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
FREE MOSS

FREE MO$$
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
FREE MOSS

FREE MO$$

Yup free him from the roster to do whatever he wants with his time, and elevate Jenkins.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I am ready to end the Moss experiment and see what our #1 pick can do. I feel the same way about Jacobs never really saw the upside of Jacobs.

I'm not just ready yet. Jacobs adds the "knock you on your a**" dimension to the run game. He's critical when we play teams like the Giants coming up because they have a good DL. He's good decoy as well for some of the running formations with Gore or Hunter in the backfield with him.

As for Moss, just being a decoy for now has opened things up for Davis, Crabs, and Manningham. Defenses have to shift 2, sometimes 3 guys to his side. There have been moments when they've left him one-on-one though which I can't understand why Alex wouldn't at least attempt throw and let him go get it but I guess its a trust thing right now. As a decoy, especially in the playoffs, Moss is critical. I'd like to see the Moss of old but if he keeps doing what he's doing for a chance at a SB ring, I'm sure he's on board with it. What other playoff team would possibly sign him anyway? I'm sure he knows that, his best shot at a SB is with us and its not like he has alot of time left in his career. With this coaching staff, maybe they are purposely holding off on going deep with him. Make teams think we won't do it, then all of a sudden in a key game, BAM!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 9, 2012 at 6:15 AM ]

As long as he is a distraction to opposing defenses and does not become a distraction to us internally then I want him on my team. And it seems to me he is maintaining just that, so keep him. Begin the Jenkins experiment next year when we have no cap space to retain Moss and Jenkins would have two full off seasons and tons of veteran advice under his belt, then opposing teams wouldn't have much footage for a couple games.
Originally posted by cciowa:
non story,, if it would have taken place, you know the media would be all over it.

THIS X'1000000000
the media made non stories out of non stories.
IMAGINE if they actually had a ounce of fuel to throw on the fire
Originally posted by barako:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Sorry you missed it. The game was epic. Personally, I prefer to watch the field, not the bench. But that's just me....

It was nice being in the game. It was electric. I don't think I missed anything though.

Sorry, it was a dumb joke.
He's our play off guy. You wait till he has the Catch 4, 5 and 6 BOOM
I think Randy will have a few catches, maybe even a TD in this game. The Giants have to be concerned with:

Gore
Hunter
Davis
Crabtree
Manningham
Kaepernick
Williams

... then all of a sudden, a blown coverage and we see vintage Randy
Share 49ersWebzone