LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by martysofresh:
i like nearly pulled a muscle when I saw moss take off for the endzone. I always get so excited whenever Moss gets the ball and almost hurt myself cause I know theres always the potential that something amazing will happen.

I also like the fact that he is able to run something besides a go route. cant be one dimensional with moss. look what he can do.
Why oh why do we not throw to him more? He gets 60 yard bombs when we do. And he takes long ones to the endzone where he just outruns people. He still has enough in the tank. We don't utilize him enough.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why oh why do we not throw to him more? He gets 60 yard bombs when we do. And he takes long ones to the endzone where he just outruns people. He still has enough in the tank. We don't utilize him enough.

IMO....

we aren't trying to run him into the ground.
conserving him for the stretch run / playoffs.

fresh moss in the post season = look out
I think it's pretty clear that Moss has plenty still left in the tank.

His speed and separation are still great
Originally posted by Garcia:

IMO....

Maybe that's the case. And I hope so. I just think more to Randy would open up Vernon Davis and stop all this double and triple coverage he sees. Then you have to look out for VD too. Then look out.

IMO....

Maybe that's the case. And I hope so. I just think more to Randy would open up Vernon Davis and stop all this double and triple coverage he sees. Then you have to look out for VD too. Then look out.

I think it has just taken a while for them to figure out exactly how they want to use him in the gameplan, and also for him to get comfortable within the offense and for alex to get comfortable passing the football to him. Its still a work in progress and hopefully it continues to get better. I was skeptical about moss but he has impressed me with his attitude, and he has absolutely LAID OUT some defenders blocking for other WR's after the catch. I didnt know Moss would lay the wood like that.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think it has just taken a while for them to figure out exactly how they want to use him in the gameplan, and also for him to get comfortable within the offense and for alex to get comfortable passing the football to him. Its still a work in progress and hopefully it continues to get better. I was skeptical about moss but he has impressed me with his attitude, and he has absolutely LAID OUT some defenders blocking for other WR's after the catch. I didnt know Moss would lay the wood like that.

great point(s)
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

IMO....

He bought into the team if he does that. Because he would never do that otherwise on his old teams.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I think it's pretty clear that Moss has plenty still left in the tank.

His speed and separation are still great

the guy still has it, defences know this. they also know that Alex and Moss chemistry isnt there first year out. If Alex can find Moss deep a few times in the game, it can only be good for everyone else.
i really want him to get the ring this year

What makes the Niners lethal is they spread the ball around to so many different players.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
He's still got it. Get the man the ball!

IMO....

We all know what your saying and we agree to a point. But if you under utilize a player with Moss's skill set, he will become complacent. You gotta build chemistry and rythmn with Alex, otherwise when we need him most , he wont be ready. Harbaugh and Roman gotta design better plays for him and the wideouts going forward that get big YAC. It doesn't always have to be deep routes(which we have trouble with still).

Also, being fresh doesn't always translate to success. Just ask the Tigers how that went for them. LOL
Talk to alex smith! He's the one that doesn't pull the trigger when moss runs deep. He always checks down to Gore, everytime!

This 4real(!)
Share 49ersWebzone