There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade Crabtree ?

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
What's mediocre about leading the team? Its a team sport and he was the best receiver on the team. Should he be punished that the team didn't pass for a lot of yards? The team, the team, the team. Is it so hard to understand? He produced in correlation to what we produced which was a reflection of our style of play. "Some incredible feat"? No. But he lead the team and somehow he's the problem? So does that mean we should trade Vernon too? Cause he had less yards and receptions than Crabtree.
vernon was called in to block for teh first 10 weeks because he didnt understand the playbook

the problem people have is we had a lot of injuries at the WR position and crabtree didnt step up specifically in the playoffs

Vernon gets the pass but not Crab? That's a double standard to the upmost, they both had the same circumstances in regards to the playbook, plus Crab was out with an injury that slowed him till the middle of the season. And with Vern held in to block who was drawing coverage away from Crabtree?

Of course we would have loved for Crab to rise up in the playoffs, but when you don't have anyone else out there for defenses to account for it becomes that much more difficult, for all, save the very best to produce. To be disappointed is one thing, but some of these guys? Please. You trade Crab what's left?

Moss - 35 years old, out of football last year, played for three teams the year before.
Manningham - a number 3 receiver last year
Jenkins - rookie
Ginn - special teamer, not a polished receiving threat, gadget guy
Kyle - Goat of the Championship game, in danger of not making the team.

People thinking with their hearts, not their heads.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Vernon gets the pass but not Crab? That's a double standard to the upmost, they both had the same circumstances in regards to the playbook, plus Crab was out with an injury that slowed him till the middle of the season. And with Vern held in to block who was drawing coverage away from Crabtree?

Of course we would have loved for Crab to rise up in the playoffs, but when you don't have anyone else out there for defenses to account for it becomes that much more difficult, for all, save the very best to produce. To be disappointed is one thing, but some of these guys? Please. You trade Crab what's left?

Moss - 35 years old, out of football last year, played for three teams the year before.
Manningham - a number 3 receiver last year
Jenkins - rookie
Ginn - special teamer, not a polished receiving threat, gadget guy
Kyle - Goat of the Championship game, in danger of not making the team.

People thinking with their hearts, not their heads.

vernon gets a pass because he stepped it up in the playoffs both vernon and crabs were doubled but Vernon was the only one of the two that got open and youre right no one was drawing attentiona way from crabtree which is the main reason the passing attack (and crabs) suffered we had no real threats last year at WR opposite crabs tot ake away attention from him

which goes back to my point crabtree is a good WR but he isn not a #1 because he is not able to break away from extra attention

i am not in favor of trading crabs with some real weapons this year i think he will have 1100 + yards this year all i am saying is our search for a true #1 WR is still not over
In Crabbush's defense, he is a good receiver, but not great. He does not fight for the ball and seems to fear the 'jump-ball'. Alex needs receivers similar to what Eli and Brees has so as to just put it 'up-there' and make the receiver go after it. Alex tends to throw the ball high anyway, and if Randy is half of the receiver that he was he will make Alex a pro-bowler. After all, if Randy made a pro-bowler out of Culp, he could do that for Alex as well.
[ Edited by 49ers_4ever on May 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers_4ever:
In Crabbush's defense, he is a good receiver, but not great. He does not fight for the ball and seems to fear the 'jump-ball'. Alex needs receivers similar to what Eli and Brees has so as to just put it 'up-there' and make the receiver go after it. Alex tends to throw the ball high anyway, and if Randy is half of the receiver that he was he will make Alex a pro-bowler. After all, if Randy made a pro-bowler out of McNabb, he could do that for Alex as well.

moss never played for mcnabb

and i dont think at 35 he will maek a pro bowler out of anybody not saying he wont be a factor but to say he will be the reasonone of our players will got to the probowl no way not this late in his career
Now that we got Moss on the team, no. He'll learn a lot from him. Both Known as divas, but he'll pick up Moss' maturity.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
vernon gets a pass because he stepped it up in the playoffs both vernon and crabs were doubled but Vernon was the only one of the two that got open and youre right no one was drawing attentiona way from crabtree which is the main reason the passing attack (and crabs) suffered we had no real threats last year at WR opposite crabs tot ake away attention from him

which goes back to my point crabtree is a good WR but he isn not a #1 because he is not able to break away from extra attention

i am not in favor of trading crabs with some real weapons this year i think he will have 1100 + yards this year all i am saying is our search for a true #1 WR is still not over

If Alex Smith can continue to improve and push himself into the Top 12-8 QB range, this will mean he would probably pass for 4000+ yards......
Please tell me how your proposed 1,110+ receiving yards (over 25%) is NOT #1 WR production? When you take into account that Vernon Davis is also a hybrid WR in terms of production, as well as the run-first offensive system Harbaugh/Roman call....I don't understand this logic.

I also don't agree with the "diva" label Crabtree has been given.
[ Edited by SaksV on May 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bklyndrew31:
grew up a cowboys fans and 1 time read that he would love to play for them or even in his home state ..

This argument is so 2009 and before he was even drafted. Three years later with coach praising his team-first attitude he seems perfectly fine here.

If he's going to be traded it better be for another damn good receiver, and that just isn't happening.
traditionally, it takes WRs 3 years to acheive success and consistensy. I wish Crabs was an exception, unfortunatly no....However his hands are amazing...but needs to do better in pass coverage
Yep. I wouldn't just dump him, but I would trade him if the right deal came along.
3 no.2 receivers in Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins should be good enough for us. Everyone wants the next Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald but someone like him would take a huge part of the salary cap and weaken other areas of the team.

Crabtree is doing a decent enough job for us that I'm happy keeping for next season or two. Vernons Technically are no.1 receiver anyway.
For a 2nd rounder? Yes. Will we ever get a 2nd for him? No.
Who wouldn't love to play for their favorite childhood team? I promise you if Aaron Roders or Tom Brady could of hand picked any team to play for it would be the Niners.

Let Jerry Jones over pay for him in a few years, Niners can resign Manningham and have Jenkins along side him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Who wouldn't love to play for their favorite childhood team? I promise you if Aaron Roders or Tom Brady could of hand picked any team to play for it would be the Niners.

Let Jerry Jones over pay for him in a few years, Niners can resign Manningham and have Jenkins along side him.

lets wait and see what he does in the off season and pre season not to mention the regular season before we have him as a cowboy he is healthy, he is or should be motivated by how far we went last year and how much the wide out position has been upgraded and while some disagree,, i think moss will be a good influence on him. to hope he fails means the team will suffer and that type of thinking is not logical. i like what i hear and see from his so far in the young off season and i am more than willing to give him time
He is our best WR that has experience playing in Harbaugh's system.
I genuinely thought we might have tried to trade Crabtree for a high pick to nab Fleener in the draft. That said, this will be the first year Crabtree will be tested and not handed a starting spot of win a spot by default.

I watched a lot of tape of Crabtree in college and one thing that really stood out to me is that he is very successful in a spread and will lots of talent around him. He was typically the 3rd or 4th WR and others cleared out the underneath routes for him, leaving him wide open. So what do we do this year? We add not one but 3 deep threats along with Ginn who's speed is already well respected when on the field.

Now Crabtree has a mentor in Moss, will be playing in a offense where he doesn't have to be the man (see Giants game) and he has Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, VD to stretch the field with packages of and ultra speed weapons in Hunter/James. Add to the fact that he's in TC and appears to be growing up some, this is his make/break year!

PS: I watched the Saints game again and wow, Alex and VD have some SERIOUS chemistry. Alex has 100% trust and confidence in VD to fit the ball in tight windows. IF Crabtree or ANY of the receivers develop 1/2 the chemistry these two have, look out!