There are 168 users in the forums

Would you trade Crabtree ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 1swift:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Believe it or not, not everyone grew up a 49ers fan. Sad, but true.

Lol, seriously. Let's just ship out anyone who happened to not be a 49er fan in their youth.

geez

Let's also trade Patrick Willis because he grew up a Cowboys fan.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
No, give the guy a chance this offseason and season, if he doesn't show up, deal him for a 4th rd pick, won't get any higher pick wise.
I hear that, or package deal for a very good right guard if AJ Jenkins turns into the electrefying WR that we were looking for. I think he can improve though, if he improves maybe 10% performance, he would be a threat that other teams would need to account for, might not be the speed game breaker, but if he becomes consistent and can convert 3rd downs for us, we could tire these other teams completely. Heck, if we get one game breaker out of all of the players we picked up in the off season, things could really open up as VD is a deep threat already. If the pressure goes away from him, goodnight irene, lol. I'm so excited over this up coming year.
I'll admit, I was contemplating the very same thing.

I've said elsewhere: He has a chronic foot issue. Pretty much corroborated by his having to have special shoes made for himself. If he has another foot "incident" he'll never be worth more than he is now.

Actually, I like Crabtree, but the team probably has strong WR options right now. Let's see how training camp goes. If Jenkins (a faster Crabtree possibly), Manningham, Williams, Owusu, Moss (short-term, maybe another year) all work out, now may be the best time to get a high pick for Crabtree.

Of course all this predicated upon Crabtree's dubious foot condition.

I'm confident that the FO knows what to do.
Although Crabtree has under performed and was not this regimes pick. I think a lot of people are being ridiculous when you don't even know how the others will perform yet. I don't like his attitude but geeez. He has improved each year, maybe this year he will be better. he did catch what, 70+ balls? May not have been clutch, but that is 70 and maybe 90+ this year.

Ginn is not the answer and Williams is still developing. You don't know if Moss will be his old self and Manningham is no different than Crabtree in my eyes and he had Eli throwing him the ball. AJ is an unknown. Plus even if Moss makes it big, he will be like Dieon and probably bolt, especially if we win the SB, teams are gonna want him.

Crabs reputation has preceeded him, no one will give up even a second.
  • baysc
  • Veteran
it's hard for any wr to succeed in our offense solely because we ground and pound
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
We were the 31st ranked passing offense last year and had the least amount of pass attempts in the league, if he played on a passing team instead of a run first team he'd have had better numbers. As it is he was and is our best receiver, you don't get better by getting rid of your best players, people are just blinded by their biases and can't be objective.

You were the one that used Crabtree leading the team in receiving as some incredible feat, then defend his mediocre stats by talking about what a poor passing team we were.

What's mediocre about leading the team? Its a team sport and he was the best receiver on the team. Should he be punished that the team didn't pass for a lot of yards? The team, the team, the team. Is it so hard to understand? He produced in correlation to what we produced which was a reflection of our style of play. "Some incredible feat"? No. But he lead the team and somehow he's the problem? So does that mean we should trade Vernon too? Cause he had less yards and receptions than Crabtree.
If Crabs is our best reciever, we are in trouble.
Originally posted by baysc:
it's hard for any wr to succeed in our offense solely because we ground and pound

I dunno I think if it wasnt for some drops and rustiness earlier in the season Crabs couldve gotten to 1000 yards plus 80 + catches. I can remember a couple of touchdown drops and big catches he let go from just three four games off the top of my head. I really believe fully healthy, knowing the playbook Crabs is gonna surprise a whole lotta people. Big things in '12
We closing the door on Crab haters this year.

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
What's mediocre about leading the team? Its a team sport and he was the best receiver on the team. Should he be punished that the team didn't pass for a lot of yards? The team, the team, the team. Is it so hard to understand? He produced in correlation to what we produced which was a reflection of our style of play. "Some incredible feat"? No. But he lead the team and somehow he's the problem? So does that mean we should trade Vernon too? Cause he had less yards and receptions than Crabtree.
vernon was called in to block for teh first 10 weeks because he didnt understand the playbook

the problem people have is we had a lot of injuries at the WR position and crabtree didnt step up specifically in the playoffs
Unless we are getting a trade that gives us another starter or a 2nd round pick or better would not consider it.
I think that wr out of Cal who Cincinati picked in the 4th is better then Craps.
Originally posted by mjboot:
I think that wr out of Cal who Cincinati picked in the 4th is better then Craps.

I think Crabtree is the best WR on our team
For a high draft pick....hail yes.
Share 49ersWebzone