There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade Crabtree ?

Originally posted by susweel:
3 of his TDs were against the Lambs which had probably the worst secondary in the NFL.

Correction..wasn't only 2 against the secondary?? He had one on special teams where he lined up all by himself...but then again he did have a TD called back in the Bengals game where the ref. blew that call..
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by susweel:
3 of his TDs were against the Lambs which had probably the worst secondary in the NFL.

Correction..wasn't only 2 against the secondary?? He had one on special teams where he lined up all by himself...but then again he did have a TD called back in the Bengals game where the ref. blew that call..

So technically he only had 3 td catches on the season.
As much as Alex gets bashed it seems fair enough to look at Crabs with a critical eye.

If he is our #1 wr, which some in this thread claim, we are in very deep trouble. Why do you think Trent and Jim brought in: Moss, Manningham, AJ and the Stanford kid? It is clear they think our wr's sucked last year and were a big reason we failed on 3rd downs and in the playoff game against the Giants.

We would trade him but nobody wants a diva that can't produce! The kid has always had the potential but has listened to the wrong crowd (Dieon for one). Talent alone will not get it done in the NFL. You have to work your butt off and dedicate yourself to getting better at every level. To date, he has lacked this trait.

Maybe the light has been switched on now that we brought in so many guys to compete. If he is not careful, he will be riding the pine by midseason. I really hope he gets on the ball and takes the next step for his and our team's sake.
Where is all of this hate about Crabtree coming from? He has improved his numbers every year he's been in the league. He has made improvements despite not ever participating in the preseason, lack of offensive creativity (during the singletary regime), lack of wr talent opposite him, and (most important to a wr's success) mediocre qb play.
Here's a little something for the stat throwers: Alex had
3144 yards and 17 touchdowns, Crabtree had 874 yards and 4 tds. Just doing quick math here that's over 1/4 of Alex's yards and just under 1/4 of his tds... Really people come on now!! No I am not knocking Alex on this one he did what was needed to win. As far as upgrading the receiving core, it was well overdue. I don't think it was a reflection on Crabtree as he was not a big part of the problem, with more talent around him he will become part of the solution.
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Here's a little something for the stat throwers: Alex had
3144 yards and 17 touchdowns, Crabtree had 874 yards and 4 tds. Just doing quick math here that's over 1/4 of Alex's yards and just under 1/4 of his tds... Really people come on now!! No I am not knocking Alex on this one he did what was needed to win. As far as upgrading the receiving core, it was well overdue. I don't think it was a reflection on Crabtree as he was not a big part of the problem, with more talent around him he will become part of the solution.

well one td pass was from Akers
Originally posted by susweel:
well one td pass was from Akers

True dat. Forgot that one.
Almost 900 yards out of 3100 is impressive though imo.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by susweel:
3 of his TDs were against the Lambs which had probably the worst secondary in the NFL.

Correction..wasn't only 2 against the secondary?? He had one on special teams where he lined up all by himself...but then again he did have a TD called back in the Bengals game where the ref. blew that call..

So technically he only had 3 td catches on the season.

Come on bro that's like saying we have to disscred all of Smith TD passes that were against s**tty comp, and gore yards and Aldons sacks
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Almost 900 yards out of 3100 is impressive though imo.

the biggest problem with most is that we had a complete depleition of WRs this year with injuries to many of our depth players at one point we had to use a S as a WR pick up PS player etc.

and the problem was he didnt step up or increase his game
  1. Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
    Where is all of this hate about Crabtree coming from? He has improved his numbers every year he's been in the league. He has made improvements despite not ever participating in the preseason, lack of offensive creativity (during the singletary regime), lack of wr talent opposite him, and (most important to a wr's success) mediocre qb play.


I don't think the dislike for Crabtree is due to his production as much as his perceived attitude. He doesn't do anything that would help improve his image:

  1. Missed first camp--hold out. Said little but could have done the media glad handing, "I love the 9ers and can't wait til my agent gets the deal done."
  2. Missed second camp with injury issues.
  3. Missed third camp with injury issues and a clash with VD over practice habbits.
  4. After the loss to the NYG he said if he had been given more chances he would have produced more. While this may be true, it is impolitic.
  5. Does not spend off seasons in the Bay Area, which is not usually a problem, but he should know his image needs a make over.
  6. Showed some signs of getting along with and bonding with Smith last season but disappeared in the playoffs.

None of these things are really important by themselves but the cumulative effect is negative. I still have hope for Crabtree and believe he has the ability to become a good NFL WR...but to overcome a negative image a player has to produce.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I don't think the dislike for Crabtree is due to his production as much as his perceived attitude. He doesn't do anything that would help improve his image:

  1. Missed first camp--hold out. Said little but could have done the media glad handing, "I love the 9ers and can't wait til my agent gets the deal done."
  2. Missed second camp with injury issues.
  3. Missed third camp with injury issues and a clash with VD over practice habbits.
  4. After the loss to the NYG he said if he had been given more chances he would have produced more. While this may be true, it is impolitic.
  5. Does not spend off seasons in the Bay Area, which is not usually a problem, but he should know his image needs a make over.
  6. Showed some signs of getting along with and bonding with Smith last season but disappeared in the playoffs.

None of these things are really important by themselves but the cumulative effect is negative. I still have hope for Crabtree and believe he has the ability to become a good NFL WR...but to overcome a negative image a player has to produce.

Good points, I think a lot of those issues will disappear. With all the new wrs they picked up he has competition now, I'm betting he stays his a$$ in the bay this offseason.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I don't think the dislike for Crabtree is due to his production as much as his perceived attitude. He doesn't do anything that would help improve his image:

  1. Missed first camp--hold out. Said little but could have done the media glad handing, "I love the 9ers and can't wait til my agent gets the deal done."
  2. Missed second camp with injury issues.
  3. Missed third camp with injury issues and a clash with VD over practice habbits.
  4. After the loss to the NYG he said if he had been given more chances he would have produced more. While this may be true, it is impolitic.
  5. Does not spend off seasons in the Bay Area, which is not usually a problem, but he should know his image needs a make over.
  6. Showed some signs of getting along with and bonding with Smith last season but disappeared in the playoffs.
None of these things are really important by themselves but the cumulative effect is negative. I still have hope for Crabtree and believe he has the ability to become a good NFL WR...but to overcome a negative image a player has to produce.

This is 100% true.

That coupled with the image of laziness that comes from Jerry Rice saying he needs to lose 10 or 20 pounds sticks a nice ugly lazy vision of him in my mind.
You guys are effing squares. Why on earth does anyone care about his attitude if he is producing on the field? Do you know him? Do you coach him? Do you have to be around him? No, no, no and no.

We were a power run based offense and Crabtree had absolutely no help on the other side last year. Its pretty easy to take one receiver out of the game when we only throw that ball 25 times a game and he was the only threat to make a play on the outside. Crabtree will improve with more help at WO next year and have another very solid season around 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns. I am almost positive that won't be enough to silence all of the haters because again, for some gay reason, it is all about his attitude and not about what he contributes on the field.
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
You guys are effing squares. Why on earth does anyone care about his attitude if he is producing on the field? Do you know him? Do you coach him? Do you have to be around him? No, no, no and no.

We were a power run based offense and Crabtree had absolutely no help on the other side last year. Its pretty easy to take one receiver out of the game when we only throw that ball 25 times a game and he was the only threat to make a play on the outside. Crabtree will improve with more help at WO next year and have another very solid season around 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns. I am almost positive that won't be enough to silence all of the haters because again, for some gay reason, it is all about his attitude and not about what he contributes on the field.

Haha. Came off top callin em squares. I'll leave the "gay" part out of it-- word to Grant Hill, and I don't know about 10 touchdowns, our redzone offense would need to improve 10-fold for that to happen. But, yeah, I'm co-signing the rest; Crabtree ballin this year, I hope the haters eat their crow when its all said and done.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home