LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Considering our additions at W.R. How would you rank Crabs as our W.R?

I say no better than fourth.
I'd really like him to succeed.

He really improved his blocking last year.

To me, this is a make or break year for him. He has to produce to justify his salary.

One thing for sure - JH will not keep him in the game if he doesn't earn it. So, if he's in and playing then JH must think he's worth it and we'll just go with it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I do not know untill they are in camp and practice going side by side. I hope that is not a cop out but hope you like my honesty. Do any of us really know because that area looks 100 per cent different than last year at this time
If he misses out on camp again. I bet he falls down to fourth.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
who started this "get rid of x player" since the draft ended?
#1 Crabs
#2 Manningham
#3 Jenkins
#4 Kyle Williams
#5 Moss
#6 Ginn

2011 nfl stats -

Crabtree 72 rec 874 yards 4 TD

Rest of wr on current team 2011 nfl stats

78 rec 1002 yards 7 TD

I will not get in a back and fourth battle with with Smith Defenders but I see Smith as the far more limiting factor to Crabtree then vise-versa.

I understand the negative sentiment though. Its easy to dislike him with the reputation he started his career with and the holdout that followed. The non participation in preseason and lack of great numbers with some drops surely don't help as well.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Apr 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM ]
⊗ traded to Dallas
#1 by default.
The Future is This IMO.

#1 Jenkins
#2 Manningham
#3 Williams

But to answer the Poll. Crabtree will not be starting.
Comes down to when, if, and how hard Crabtree applies himself during the offseason. Talent-wise, he's one of the starters.

If Mike shows up early and practices hard, then we see which WR gets the most playing time opposite of him. If Moss is in great shape and impresses in camp? Then:

1. Randy Moss
2. Mike Crabtree

3. becomes a battle between Manningham, Kyle W, Ginn, and A.J.J.

I think we will keep 6 WRs, but obviously, each will have to impress enough to earn a spot.

Originally posted by natrone06:
#1 Crabs
#2 Manningham
#3 Jenkins
#4 Kyle Williams
#5 Moss
#6 Ginn

2011 nfl stats -

Crabtree 72 rec 874 yards 4 TD

Rest of wr on current team 2011 nfl stats

78 rec 1002 yards 7 TD

I will not get in a back and fourth battle with with Smith Defenders but I see Smith as the far more limiting factor to Crabtree then vise-versa.

I understand the negative sentiment though. Its easy to dislike him with the reputation he started his career with and the holdout that followed. The non participation in preseason and lack of great numbers with some drops surely don't help as well.
This
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stevenking57:
I say no better than fourth.

I say lock this thread
1. Crabtree, still developing in the offense, big play capability matched 1 on 1 and enters his first healthy offseason as a pro. Watch for Crabtree in 2012, he will want to improve on his poor post season.
2. Moss, future hall of famer, you can not discount his speed even at his age. A.Smith REALLY developed his deep ball and should be interesting to see him and Moss hook up deep and open things up for the rest of the offense.
3. Manningham, is currently known for his nice sideline catch to help win the super bowl for the gmen. Will never be a #1 but has proved to get seperation against the defense and has had a steady production in New York.
4/5/6/7 In no particular order, K. Williams, T.Ginn, A. Jenkins, C. Owusu
I still believe Crabtree to be our #1 right now. Would like to see him lose a few pounds and gain a lil more speed, but with the added weapons and hopefully more confidence in the QB play, he and the other receivers will play much better.
I say Crabtree #1, Manningham #2 and Jenkins #3. I don't know what Randy Moss has left but I am keeping my expectations low.
Share 49ersWebzone