There are 168 users in the forums

Grade the 49ers 2012 Draft Class

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade the 49ers 2012 Draft Class

B. We improved our speed on offense, got some solid depth and competition later in the draft, and ended up with a lot of ammo for next years draft if they want to move up from 32
B-
I dont know. Most exciting pick was LeMichael James easy. Can't say I was excited about AJ. We will see though; I trust Balke & Harbaugh, and am sure they picked players that will help us this year. Only time will tell I guess.

Good point of this though is that I'm fairly certain Anthony Dixon & Kyle Williams will no longer be 49ers.

B-
B but we also added a 3rd, 5th and 6th for next year. Granted we lost our 3rd this year but Panthers 3rd should be mid round, not late.
are the niners a better team than they were Thursday? I think so...they have add an element of speed and explosion to the offense (and return game?)

they have some oline and olb depth as well a potential backup that was needed for safety..i suspect looney competes for the rt guard position....

they added a 3rd rd pick in 2013
Originally posted by hofer36:
are the niners a better team than they were Thursday? I think so...they have add an element of speed and explosion to the offense (and return game?)

they have some oline and olb depth as well a potential backup that was needed for safety..i suspect looney competes for the rt guard position....

they added a 3rd rd pick in 2013

Agreed, they are a better team.
added some explosion/speed... offensive weapons in Jenkins and James
added some RG competition with Looney
added OLB depth with Fleming and Cam Johnson
added S depth with Trent Robinson
added competition at center in Slowey

On top of it added extra ammo to move up if they want next year. They can move up from late in rounds to mid/early with an extra 3rd, 5th, 6, and then 7 from Mays.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 28, 2012 at 4:29 PM ]
B if you include our accumulation of picks for next year, but B- on the selections themselves.. Some solid picks, a couple good ones, but overall too many questionable selections in terms of value or other dimensions.

Not a bad draft by any means, but underwhelming to most I think. Still no jump-ball threat that will help our team for years to come. No DL help to give Justin Smith breathers.

OG Joe Looney was the best pick.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
B
B?

A.

Trust HarBaalke.
A- because I expect to be wrong again this year as I was last year. It would be a C+ or B- on my own but then Baalke has a better track record.
lol who voted F.......
Probably an F from most cause we didn't draft fleener.
I'll say B for Beeecause I'm not a talent evaluator and don't know any better, but after last years rookie class performance I'm optimistic. Like most have been saying we added much needed youth and explosiveness to the offensive weaponry to compliment the pieces we added in free agency. Then we added pieces to fill the obvious depth issues at OG/OC and OLB. Plus the Trent Robinson pick at safety looks like a winner!

Also, liked moving the 4th rounder to the Panthers for what could be a top 75-80 pick next year.

Now it's up to the coaches!
Share 49ersWebzone