Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
lol who voted F.......

Probably Coby Cohn . . .

Or jamie dukes.......

lacanfora

it was susweel
There were only 2 guys that I was remotely familiar with (LaMichael James and Cam Johnson) so it's kinda hard.
I think its funny that we're even grading it. Let's see where it stand after the season.
I gave it a B+.

I like AJ more than some after watching videos of him. he has really soft hands, is fast/quick and runs crisp routes.

I liked LaMichael because of how electric he has been and he adds something to the Niners offense, which it hasn't had, and that is a playmaker who is a threat to take it to the house at anytime if given space.

The rest of the picks were very solid and good value for adding depth and challenging current starters. Not to mention the Cam Johnson in the 7th pick was crazy value.

Also, getting that 3rd and 5th next year is great, since we don't really have a lot of holes right now.
I gave it an "A" partially because of Baalke's track record and partially because we got a receiver that can stretch the field (and if Jenkins gets on the field with Moss and VD that will be quite tough for defenses to cover) and also a running back that will be a valuable part of the committee of RBs we will be running with soon that can break out for TDs and get in the end zone when we get down the field. Both of these players will help us to open up our play book and get us into the end zone. I am not as concerned about the rest of our picks, (1) because i know little about them and (2) because i believe our coaches can coach up the players we choose to draft.
Without ever having seen any of our draft picks play, and going off a 30 second (on average) look at each scouting report, my expert opinion in evaluating the draft class is a B+.

With our first two picks, we improved the big-play potential of our team, and drafted a WR who I think has the potential to catch 85+ balls a year and convert a lot of third downs. We drafted two offensive linemen, who are sure to challenge for the RG position, while providing some depth at all three interior positions. We picked up two pass-rushers who will be very good depth and possibly make contributions at special teams. We drafted a backup safety who may challenge for the starting free safety position if we lose Dashon Goldson.

I grade it as a B+ because we made our offense more explosive, provided some competition on the offensive line, and created some much-needed depth at linebacker and safety. Another potential plus is that we parlayed our third rounder into an additional four picks. All the guys we drafted appear to be high-character guys who will make our team much better, in my opinion, and overall... I *feel* good about this draft class.

The reason I don't consider this draft class as an A is because I think we could've picked up a defensive lineman for depth. Meanwhile, there's a high possibility that none of our draft picks see the field this season (which isn't necessarily a bad thing since our team is so good, but you like to see your draft picks making immediate contributions). I'm reserving judgement on whether A.J. Jenkins is a reach because I think the entire staff truly believes in him, and he fits our scheme better than any other player would.

For the most part...late picks like ours (30) dont draft for immediate impact players as your team should be good enough as it is before the draft.

I dont see almost any of these guys seeing significant field time next season so it's a bit of a yawn of a draft for me because it's dividends will pay out in the following year and beyond most likely. So from that standpoint, its a solid B, maybe B+ draft...compared to teams who had a lot of holes and drafted players likely to start this coming season it looks more like a C draft
Can't count next year. Solid C+, pretty good for 30th in each round.
I'd say B-. But you have to take this into account.

1) We are picking later now as a mature team with talent and a winning record.
2) We are apparently stockpiling draft picks for next year. So it comes out of this year a little.

All things considered we added some speed, explosiveness, gamebreaking ability and some developmental prospects at G and OLB and DB. That's all you can ask for. I think where we were picking and how much we traded away for next year to be better we did the best we could. I'm happy overall. I like the first 2 a lot. We needed more speed, explosiveness and gamebreaking ability on this team.
A+ added weapons and depth. Plus a 3rd for next season
Originally posted by daragon:
I think its funny that we're even grading it. Let's see where it stand after the season.

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone