There are 187 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Imagine if we draft a big back that can actually play rb! Man hunter, lmj, and the big back would be an unstoppable duo with kaep under center. i think the best has yet to come from this team
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Imagine if we draft a big back that can actually play rb! Man hunter, lmj, and the big back would be an unstoppable duo with kaep under center. i think the best has yet to come from this team

we have a big lil back named frank gore
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

i mean after gore leaves.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

i mean after gore leaves.

Knowing Harbaugh, he'll draft him in this upcoming draft to give him time to learn under Gore. Then swap him mid season when Gore has a concussion...
He impressed me again last night. I like him as a change of pace back. Once he gets through the hole, it seems like he goes 5-10 yards in a blink of an eye. Also, really like him on kickoffs.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
He impressed me again last night. I like him as a change of pace back. Once he gets through the hole, it seems like he goes 5-10 yards in a blink of an eye. Also, really like him on kickoffs.

He needs more touches. The past couple of weeks he looked more explosive than gore. Not a knock on gore but more props to LMJ
Originally posted by socalfan21:
He needs more touches. The past couple of weeks he looked more explosive than gore. Not a knock on gore but more props to LMJ

he is more explosive than Gore. I want to see him in space. I loved this pick even though we had like 5 RB's. He's proving me right.

Yesterday especially. I think Gore, like most vets, need that bye week. But LMJ is got to be fresh seeing as he hasnt played the first half of the year. I like what I am seeing...and I am glad, I was worried when KH went down.
He played well yesterday, no doubt. On the downside Frank Gore looked sluggish out there all day.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
give him the ball more! Even for a little dude, he finishes run's going forward.

Really hope they can find more ways and packages to get him in space more so he can really use that speed. Hope for a big playoffs from him.

Yesterday especially. I think Gore, like most vets, need that bye week. But LMJ is got to be fresh seeing as he hasnt played the first half of the year. I like what I am seeing...and I am glad, I was worried when KH went down.

Yep, Gore needs some rest.

LMJ is quite a player, probably still a bit of a step down from where Hunter was because Hunter knew our schemes better but still a playmaker that we need. I love LMJ in the return game, he has been a shoe lace tackle away from breaking off a TD return.

Once LMJ gets some room, he is dangerous. Like Gore said, he needs more patience sometimes in the backfield to let the space get created.
We definitley have a nice pipeline going of current and future backs..Even Dixon looked solid in limited touches yesterday and was a nice piece on special teams. One more bigger body in the upcomming draft would be nice to see. But I am comfortable with Hunter, LMJ, Dixon and Hampton in the post Gore world if the right kid isnt there when we want him.
My oh my , but won't it be interesting next camp when both Hunter and James are healthy?! I like them both, but still give the edge to Hunter. Nice problem to have. I do believe however, that neither brings to the table what Gore does and we still need an heir apparent. Either a power back to complement the Hunter/James duo, or a complete back like Gore (yeah, I know, not many like Gore around). Like I said, interesting.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Really hope they can find more ways and packages to get him in space more so he can really use that speed. Hope for a big playoffs from him.

This. I'd like to see some screens but I feel like Roman spilled coffee all over the pages in his playbook that held any particular screen plays.
Share 49ersWebzone