LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
im really glad lamike played well too. seein him get big enough an enough strength to break tackles was the only thing unseen an we cud be unsure about him before sunday night. he proved hes got no problems there an also obviously comes thru when we need him to his second game as a rookie an he breaks a 62 yard return against the patriots hell ya. i cant wait until we start usin him more get him goin with screens an rushing once he gets the hang of it i think hel be well on his way to the next sproles just like everyones said
Originally posted by Cooper22:
If I'm not mistaken, I think LMJ has put on a pretty good amount of weight since we drafted him.. Does anyone know for sure?

Good point. He does seem bigger. Anybody know what he now weighs?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
This is an appreciation thread not for LMJ's speed and acceleration, but for his ability to keep running after contact. This was a knock on him, but something that baffled me, since I've always seen him break tackles and run after contact. He continues to do so in the NFL. Very excited for the pick. Wonder what happens when KH is back...

Actually, that was never the knock on LaMike. I've been saying it all along, and so have people that watched him in college: he's a deceptively strong runner.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Still needs to follow his blocks a little better. His missed some opportunities for big runs last night.

Agreed.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he'll bust a long run on the turf this Sunday night. baleeeeeeeeeee dat!
  • rum53
  • Veteran
One thing that impressed me is that LMJ secures the ball when he runs. Fumbling doesn't seem to be a concern.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
James balled out yesterday in every possible way. our running game is so damn good its crazy

What were his running stats? I didn't remember him finding that much room but it always appeared like he was one more move away from breaking out a good run.

Another 8 attempt 30 yard game but he is still feeling out the NFL speed and it was in essentially sleet if not down pouring rain. What was important was he refused to go down and kept fighting for yards.

good way to fumble. I thought he was average at best.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he'll bust a long run on the turf this Sunday night. baleeeeeeeeeee dat!

that will be dirt in the Seahawks/Husky faces :)

Can't hide from the guy from Oregon -- still pwning like the old days.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Seeing the emergence of Bryce Brown made me do some thinking about the future of our RB corps. I hope in the next year or so we're able to add a mid- or late-round prospect of a bigger RB mold to complement James and Hunter going forward. But yeah, I see no reason to think we're going to have any Adrian Peterson 25-carries-per-game types. James+Hunter plus another between-the-tackles guy for life after Gore, and we'll be looking damn good.

I have been vocal about being very content with our future with the LMJ and Hunter backfield. But I do see your point. Have to wonder though is that guy already on the roster? I was very down on him at the begining of the season, but in admitedly limited use, I have seen some good things out of Dixon this year, with another year of seasoning to overcome some of his poorer instincts...is it possible with his size he could be our between the tackles guy? Hell even if he isnt a mid to late rounder is not a large investment....New Kid, Dixon, and Hampton can fight it out in training camp.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Still needs to follow his blocks a little better. His missed some opportunities for big runs last night.

Agreed.

patience takes time...He will get it.

I knew the guy was talented as can be but I was really impressed with the way his brain was working on the field. He made some smart, patient plays that I'm not sure I'd expect a young rb who is chomping at the bit to make.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by iLL49er:
we're not going to have a bell cow back once gore goes off into the sunset (with a ring hopefully) it'll be a split between hunter and lmj

Listen to this dude. He is as old as dirt. You should pm him though. For I declare him a good dude.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
James balled out yesterday in every possible way. our running game is so damn good its crazy

What were his running stats? I didn't remember him finding that much room but it always appeared like he was one more move away from breaking out a good run.

Another 8 attempt 30 yard game but he is still feeling out the NFL speed and it was in essentially sleet if not down pouring rain. What was important was he refused to go down and kept fighting for yards.

good way to fumble. I thought he was average at best.

Sounds like you just dont like him? So When Gore fights for extra yards after contact you think he is going to fumble so you yell at the TV for him to fall down? Great mentality for your team there man. I thought people would want a player who refuse to give up?
To sum all of your ideas up, it seems like you guys just wanna play Madden with LMJ, but in real life.
Motion till he's matched up with someone slow-footed, run the slot, that unstoppable wheel route...

I'm down.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LMAO at all the people yelling BUST!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thats what I was gonna say. I've been defending the pick all season and now peeps are like "hey, this kids good!!"

No sh*t Sherlock.
Share 49ersWebzone