LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The fact that Stanford couldn't keep him out of the endzone...even when they knew he was going to get the ball...said it all, and Harbaugh had a really good perspective to judge this one...case closed.
Nice return. But he still kind of scares me based on what I saw in preseason. Hope he stays solid. Maybe he is more experienced now.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for carlgo.
He actually does better running between the tackles. Remember at Oregon he would just burst through the line and go and in fact he almost did that in one of his rare up the middle runs a couple of games ago. And that is good because it seems the defenders all think that when he is in it will be an end run or screen. They need to be wondering...
[ Edited by carlgo on Dec 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LMAO at all the people yelling BUST!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thats what I was gonna say. I've been defending the pick all season and now peeps are like "hey, this kids good!!"

No sh*t Sherlock.
so we were wrong. so what?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LMAO at all the people yelling BUST!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thats what I was gonna say. I've been defending the pick all season and now peeps are like "hey, this kids good!!"

No sh*t Sherlock.
so we were wrong. so what?

It meant I was right, because as we all know, THAT's what's important.
LMJ can develop to be our Darrin Sproles...which would be a very nice weapon to compliment CK and the offense as well improving the KR game. Ginn's got to go...and I'm sure he will. Harbaugh doesn't keep slackers, and that's what TG has become. LMJ and KW give us two guys who can beef up our KR game, not to mention produce in the passing and running game, as well.
I don't know if I've ever seen a quicker back. On some of those kick returns, it almost looks like someone turned up the film speed. Yes, he's like Sproles, only faster.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I haven't read the last several pages, so forgive me if someone has mentioned this before....

I spent the entire weekend looking at Oregon games and youtube highlights. Everyone keeps making a comparison here to Darren Sproles. I don't quite buy that one.

James gained 10 lbs between his Sophmore and Junior seasons. He could probably easily gain another 10-15 lbs and play at 210 lbs. At 5'8", that a little powerhouse.

When I watch him run, I don't see Sproles. I see LaDainian Tomlinson. Granted, Tomlinson was 2 inches taller and about 25 lbs heavier, but his STYLE reminds me SOOOOOOO much of LaDainian.

James may start off as a "change of pace" back early on, but I have a feeling that sometime in the next few yars, James may just be THE guy.

Ladanian Tomlinson?!?!

I'm serious. Look at the running styles. In particular the acceleration.

Don't get me wrong...not saying he'll be Ladainian. Just comparing styles.

Reason why I think James is more of a Sproles type is because he's real elusive in the open field, always looking for lanes, blockers, changes speed, directions, etc....

LT don't seem to make nearly as much cuts in the open field as James/Best/Sproles. But maybe I need to watch some LT highlights.

Yeah...watch more Tomlinson. LOL.

Look at Tomlinson in his prime, not what he is now with the Jets. That guy just had another gear and could accelerate like I've never seen.

still think he's an LT type back Marvin?!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
This guy right here needs about 10 touches a game instead of what he's been getting. He's showing some sick cuts and explosion, and has been impressive as hell. Hopefully he gets a heavier load in the playoffs, because we really need him with how banged up our receiving core is.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
BEAST!

Actually reptile, Lemichael Snakes because he slithers through the holes

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
BEAST!

Actually reptile, Lemichael Snakes because he slithers through the holes

James looked sick today! IF Tom Gamble leaves for a GM gig then we will have to send him a thank you note as his pick LMJ(Scouted both James and UW RB Chris Polk who was a UDFA) has really started to show why he was on the best players in college.
With the long-term future of J. Smith uncertain, it certainly IS nice to know that we now have an explosive replacement for Gore once he calls it a career. We all love Gore, but, man, he was dancin' behind the line a lot today. LMJ just hits the holes, man. I like it...
James is a stud. he looks liek the fastest man in the world on any given play and he showed some of that break ankles ability big time today on that huge run
dam he is awesome! him and kendall hunter will makes a great future duo!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
dam he is awesome! him and kendall hunter will makes a great future duo!

fire and lightning!!!
Share 49ersWebzone