There are 220 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
I dont mind the pick. I just wish the Niners had traded down a few picks and still grabbed him
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
when a guy can be that productive on a weak passing team, you have to do your homework on him. listening to Baalke, it appears they did.
this, Illinois had terrible qbs every year he played.
Sounds like a nice kid from his conference call. I love his enthusiasm and humility...unlike some other players we heard from the draft today. I have faith in our front office. Looking forward to see what this kid can bring to the 49ers...
Originally posted by jreff22:
still a big reach, yes Aldon was but not this big of a reach

Most analysis I have heard, say that Jenkins was projected to go near the top of the 2nd, so how is that a "reach" at 30?

Originally posted by global_nomad:
How confident were 49ers that they'd land Jenkins? Baalke put his name in an envelope last night & said: "This is who we're going to pick."
https://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/195716570192953345

Balkke does it again!

lol.

It doesn't take too much confidence to draft a person who is widely regarded as a reach.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
What is it about our obsession with undersized #2 receivers?

I like the pick. Obviously WR is an area of need. Stephen Hill would have been intriguing, but combine results and prototypical size don't always translate into success. Jenkins backs up the combine results with actual college production. An example of the former would be Jason Hill who was a blazer at the combine, but didn't exactly wow in college, nor did he do it in the pros.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
Well this means Williams is gone. And so much for Crabs playing in the slot.

Baalke said we may carry 6 WRs during the season

Moss, Crabs, Manningham, Williams, Ginn, and Jenkins.......maybe?

If we only dress 5 it will be between Williams and Jenkins

Laughed out loud when I read this...Niner Talk at it's finest.

on gamedays we wont dress 6 WR's so you dress 5, the last spot will be between jenkins and williams
How confident were 49ers that they'd land Jenkins? Baalke put his name in an envelope last night & said: "This is who we're going to pick."

Balkke does it again!

bump
How does Jenkins compare to one of last year's breakout WR stars, Victor Cruz? They are similar in size, and Cruz is a guy who is fast and quick with great hands and a knack for getting open.

Someone give me something to get excited about here...

Balkke does it again!
I like the confidence. We'll just have to see how it shakes out, the guy hasn't really done us wrong, yet.
With Zeitler gone,and deCastro right before him, it looked like a good hands guy pick. For the second yr in a row, I have never seen our #1 pick play. I did get one thing right , tho and that was that I wouldn't be surprised if our 1st pick was a guy I was completely unfamiliar with. That's baalke and Harbaugh. Watch him go and rip the league a new one. Wouldn't surprise me.
Double bump!
bump
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
We have some size at receiver already. Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree (not a giant, but he has a great vertical), Vernon Davis (although not much of a leaper). If this kid turns out to be Mike Wallace, then why not? Wallace had a 4.33 40, Jenkins with a 4.37, same size/weight.

If he's like Mike Wallace... why don't we just trade for Wallace and try to negotiate a realistic contract?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
lol at "reach". this guy was pegged as high as 33 on some mocks.

Seattle had a "big reach". not the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone