There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

All those guys who are calling this pick a bust already need to GTFO. I bet you were the same guys last year calling Aldon a "reach." This guy can run smooth routes, has good hands (massive hands), produced in college with absolutely HORRENDOUS QB's and can run like lightning. People get so easily disappointed when a guy that there was no thread about on these boards is picked.

BTW - Aldon Smith didn't have a bandwagon on here last year either.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM ]
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This pick makes me not want to watch the rest of the draft.

a little dramatic there buddy

Sounds like 2011 all over again, on each pick, someone b***hed. Aldon was a reach, Culliver isn't a CB and is a reach, why trade up for a OG from a Div 1AA school, etc...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
6'0" 188 lbs.... I want a big, fast WR.

Not really the size to help out in the RED ZONE....
Guy was very productive despite having terrible qbs every year at Illinois. Illinois threw for 184yds a game last year, Jenkins averaged 98 yards game. He was also the only receiving threat, as only one other player averaged more than 20yds a game.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by susweel:
This is the guy I wanted all along.

not sure if sirius.

He was the highest remaining player on my draft board.
is it me or does he look like jerry rice the way he runs? i'm not saying he's the next jerry rice but there is this fluidity and beauty to the way he runs that i don't see in any of the other wr prospects this yr and it brings up jerry rice like fluidity in my mind
Originally posted by 49ersFan831:
DeSean Jackson 2.0... Just sayin

Just bought his jersey.
Well this means Williams is gone. And so much for Crabs playing in the slot.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
All those guys who are calling this pick a bust already need to GTFO. I bet you were the same guys last year calling Aldon a "reach." This guy can run smooth routes, has good hands (massive hands), produced in college with absolutely HORRENDOUS QB's and can run like lightening. People get so easily disappointed when a guy that there was no thread about on these boards is picked.

BTW - Aldon Smith didn't have a bandwagon on here last year either.

exactly. I liked the pick, but was on the Peterson bandwagon, but he went to Arizona at 5, so I was ok with the idea of Amukamara or Quinn.
I have been listening to the conference call interview with the kid, I love how genuine and excited, and humble he sounds. No idea if he will be a baller, but for a first impression he has made one that makes me want to root for him.
I'm surprised by the pick...don't know what to think about it.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
When the pick was announced I was like wth is this guy? Watch some of his highlight and he does look smooth. I don't mind the niners pick another Jenkins. The db guy.
If you watch the videos, you can see he is consistently under thrown so he needs to slow down and gets caught. When he goes over the middle, he takes the contact and holds onto the ball.

I hope tomorrow we take Aminu Silatolu with our 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This pick makes me not want to watch the rest of the draft.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by susweel:
This is the guy I wanted all along.

not sure if sirius.