There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

welp he is ours now....who buying the jersey?
Originally posted by 190836:
I like it. He is a burner with good hands. I never thought i would say this but I trust Baalke/Harbaugh. A great pick for us.

After Aldon last year why would you think you'd never say you trust Baalke/Harbaugh?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Watching the live press conference on the decision.

Baalke: "We had on our draft board him as the highest rated player available, had some opportunities to trade down but decided to stay and make the pick."
I have no problem with the player - Jenkins looks to be a solid WR in the making, and exactly the type of guy Harbaugh and Roman were looking for. I have a problem with the selection; we could've drafted a guy who dropped into our laps like Cordy Glenn and still have gotten Jenkins in the 2nd round.

Five years from now when Jenkins is a stud we won't remember that, but it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth for the moment.
I was not crazy about the pick when it was first announced. I thought he was a bit of a reach. I thought we could have gotten him in the mid 40's. But the more I read up on him, the more I like him. His production went up every season at Illinois despite real shaky QB play. He had a real strong senior season. He seems to be getting better every and with the coaches we have, he will continue to get better. He has really good. Good hands and a knack for finding soft spots in the defense. He is a real smart kid as well. Good pick.
Harbaugh "massive hands, can get separation, very fast"
"if we traded back, there's a chance we could've lost him"
"if you like a player, you take him"

-Baalke
Harbaugh "massive hands, can get separation, very fast"
This is the guy I wanted all along.
This pick makes me not want to watch the rest of the draft.
Originally posted by susweel:
This is the guy I wanted all along.

not sure if sirius.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This pick makes me not want to watch the rest of the draft.

a little dramatic there buddy
Good pick I guess but the hardest part is not getting a stud and not picking in the top 15. Guess I will have to get use to picking around the 30s
I'm fine with this pick.

After everyone thought Aldon was a reach or major reach I will wait to judge this move.I wasn't on the Fleener bandwagon at all, so I'm ok with this.

Some good players left though, including.

RB Lamar Miller and LaMichael James
WR Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, Alshon Jeffery, Brian Quick, Tommy Streeter and Mohamed Sanu
C Peter Konz
OT Jonathan Martin and Mike Adams
OG Cordy Glenn, Aminu Silatolu and Kelechi Osemele
DE Kendall Reyes
DT Jerel Worthy, Devon Still, Brandon Thompson and Mike Martin
NT Alameda Ta'amu and Josh Chapman
OLB Lavonte David, Zach Brown, Ronnell Lewis, Courtney Upshaw
ILB Bobby Wagner and Kennan Robinson
CB Trumaine Johnson, Alfonzo Dennard, Janoris Jenkins, Josh Norman, Josh Robinson, Dwight Bentley
S Markelle Martin, George Iloka, Janzen Jackson