LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This guy has a good chance to set career highs in receptions, yards and tds next season.

I agree, If he is as good as half the hype that was built up when he was drafted Kaep will get it out of him,
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This guy has a good chance to set career highs in receptions, yards and tds next season.

I'd put money on that.....well then again....maybe i wouldn't
Injuries to Manningham and Williams and this guy STILL can't produce?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Yup + a 35 year old with no heart and a guy who can't catch, run routes, isn't big and physical and shouldn't even call himself a WR (Ginn).
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup + a 35 year old with no heart and a guy who can't catch, run routes, isn't big and physical and shouldn't even call himself a WR (Ginn).

Also, don't forget that chad hall even got a ball thrown his way in the postseason. Holy s**t this is depressing lol
I wonder how many fans would be willing to eat there own words if he comes out next season, and plays out of his mind, i hope it would be more then the ones still trapped in the QB debate.
Also, don't forget that chad hall even got a ball thrown his way in the postseason. Holy s**t this is depressing lol

Unbelievable. After signing Manningham and Moss and drafting a receiver with our 1st round pick, I would have never guessed we'd end up attempting passes to some no-name white guy in the postseason again.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I wonder how many fans would be willing to eat there own words if he comes out next season, and plays out of his mind, i hope it would be more then the ones still trapped in the QB debate.

I will gladly eat crow big time....this guy is on the verge of Rashaun Woods 2.0.
Our staff knows how to develop players now. He will produce next year...or else.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Would have no problems eating up a plate of crow meat if he does that.....Would enjoy ever bit of it...Mmmmmm

Originally posted by bigwads:
I will gladly eat crow big time....this guy is on the verge of Rashaun Woods 2.0.

Wasn't Woods active all 16 games his rookie season?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
49ers WR A.J. Jenkins will train with Colin Kaepernick in Atlanta this offseason and wants to return as a "totally different player" in 2013.

"I'm going to make that happen and come back bigger, faster, stronger," said Jenkins. "I'm going to be accountable this offseason and make myself the kind of player that they want me to be." Jenkins was active for just three games in 2012 after being a first-round pick, catching zero passes. He's expected to have a much bigger role next season with Randy Moss and Ted Ginn being free agents."

rotoworld.com

I am so scared this guy is going to be a colossal bust in the R. Woods mold. I remember him talking some stuff about hooking up with Jerry Rice but never heard anything of it, although to be fair if memory serves Vernon did the same thing.

We will see I spose though one would kind of expect that they would train on the west side. Kap move to Atlanta?

Edit: Saw where some teamates were starting training next week in Atlanta
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
I believe there is a pro athlete training facility there, I remember allot of players saying they train in ATL.

Good to hear that from Jenkins, best guess is that he slacked off learning the offense because he was solely a scout WR for most the season and didn't put in the extra time it would take to learn two offenses (scout and SF).
Originally posted by 5280High:
I believe there is a pro athlete training facility there, I remember allot of players saying they train in ATL.

Good to hear that from Jenkins, best guess is that he slacked off learning the offense because he was solely a scout WR for most the season and didn't put in the extra time it would take to learn two offenses (scout and SF).
Atl from Jax is only a few hours away...its much closer to home for him
I'm not sure how you can write off a player who wasn't expected to play much anyway. Crabtree didn't do a whole lot his first 5 years and look at him now. If he goes belly up next year and shows no improvement then I'll be upset but I'm not gonna overreact after this year and call him a bust.
Share 49ersWebzone