Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Activate him for the big game and hope Ravens forget about him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

i understand the want and need to support him but he does nothing, at the very least you call this a learning year for him. i do not believe that, i believe it was a horrible pick but lets see what he does in the off season. i am sure glad i was wrong about the james pick at two being a bad pick.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

i understand the want and need to support him but he does nothing, at the very least you call this a learning year for him. i do not believe that, i believe it was a horrible pick but lets see what he does in the off season. i am sure glad i was wrong about the james pick at two being a bad pick.

even the best Gms make bad picks here and there...the mark of a good GM is to identify that bad pick and correct it as soon as possible. He'll have this off season to demonstrate that he is at least the 5th best WR on the team this coming season....or he will be gone.
Didnt we all have this kind of skeptism towards Kap when he threw 5INTs in preseason his rookie year and were all afraid to see Alex smith get hurt cause that would mean bringing in this rookie?
I say give him til next season and then we'll comeback to the thread and talk about how bad of a pick her was
I loved the James pick, but unfortunately I also loved the AJ pick. Little did I know that "AJ and catching a football" are two things that never appear together.
I think he'll end up being a good receiver. Remember he was getting a hell of a lot of separation in the preseason. Now that was against 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers, but still he did show some promise. I just think he needs some time to develop and he also needs to get much stronger. I don't think he is ready to beat the press. Has to put on some bulk.
If he can learn to push off like Julio Jones, he will be great, but hell I'm 40+ year old fat white guy, and if I could get away with pushing off I could be a productive NFL receiver...until I got hit! LOL
Who they put on the field in a championship game really tells you who they believe in. Who they don't tells you the opposite. When I saw Chad Hall on the field and no AJ Jenkins all game it told me that it is looking very likely that something very big is wrong with this kid. Betting this is gonna turn out to be a really bad 1st round pick. One thing to be hopeful about is that Harbaugh will not cling to failed high round picks like previous regimes did, and he will most certainly find someone to replace him. If he doesn't have it, I have no doubt he won't be on the final 53 next September.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Who they put on the field in a championship game really tells you who they believe in. Who they don't tells you the opposite. When I saw Chad Hall on the field and no AJ Jenkins all game it told me that it is looking very likely that something very big is wrong with this kid. Betting this is gonna turn out to be a really bad 1st round pick. One thing to be hopeful about is that Harbaugh will not cling to failed high round picks like previous regimes did, and he will most certainly find someone to replace him. If he doesn't have it, I have no doubt he won't be on the final 53 next September.

You know what after we win the Superbowl, and hopefully a few others in the next decade, nobody will even remember this wasted pick! So what big deal the kid isn't a star right out of the gate,we can afford to give him time, say next training camp, so what if he never makes the roster, we have 15 picks next year to fill 2-3 slots...as long as we bring home Lombardi #6 I don't care!
R. Woods > AJ Jenkins
when i saw Ginn go in at WR........ @ AJ..........
Remember the great John Taylor? If I remember correctly he didn't play or do much his first season, he exploded onto the scene in 1988 ( in the Super Bowl-game winning catch) but I think he was drafted in 1986.

I just looked it up, he was drafted in 1986--no receptions that season. in 1987 he had 9 receptions, in 1988 he had 14 receptions. in 1989 he had 60 and had finally become a great compliment to Jerry Rice.
I can't wait to see some of the comments in this thread around January 2014. It will probably be a complete 180, much like the Michael Crabtree thread, the Vernon Davis thread (going from 2008 to 2009) and perhaps now the Anthony Davis thread.
I bet he takes a huge pay cut or gets released after the season.
Kids obviously not ready this season. Not what you would expect from a #1 but it is what it is.

Hopefully he improves over the off season and can contribute next year.