LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
does jenkins even make the roster next season lol? when you have to resort to chad friggin hall over him, he must be really bad.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
does jenkins even make the roster next season lol? when you have to resort to chad friggin hall over him, he must be really bad.

and when chad hall gets a pass thrown to him which was one more than jenkins did,, that is just not good news.. for the last few weeks alot of people have been predicting that jenkins will be unleashed or whatever. I am sorry but that does not hold water anymore.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Jenkins' got sand in his vagina.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maybe he just hasn't had many targets thrown his way?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
AJ Jenkins

(in college, of course)

reminds me of Dexter Carter......

its not often I am next to pro and think ....wow small dude
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Jenkins' got sand in his vagina.

i know he has not had the chance to start but you figure after about 20 plus weeks of practicing and getting reps against our first and second string defense we would expect a little bit more out of him than what we have seen
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

if your theory is correct does that mean roman, jh and ck do not trust him, or he is unable to get open in a game?
Originally posted by mryan1004:
They unleashed Kaepernick vs the Packers as the Packers couldn't find that sort of game film on him. They unleashed Vernon vs the Falcons as the Falcons figured him a non threat. Do they unleash this guy as they have no film on him either?

That was a hugh mistake by mike nolan he should have known better Vd and gore were the only 2 players on offense he had. Second the lb's suck for the falcons, miller burned them last week. Also Davis is always bad ass in the playoffs he seems to show up when it matters most.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

if your theory is correct does that mean roman, jh and ck do not trust him, or he is unable to get open in a game?

That's the question, has he not been thrown to, because he can't get open? What ever it is, they've got to get him some plays just to see if he can perform at this level.
My guess is that Jenkins' problem is mental. Either he can't figure out the pro plays or he's lost confidence or both.

That's the question, has he not been thrown to, because he can't get open? What ever it is, they've got to get him some plays just to see if he can perform at this level.

they threw to him once i think and he droped it lol, they haven't went back to him since, i think he eventually gets cut.
I want this kid to succeed so bad, but I dont think hes really getting a fair chance. I understand where the nay-sayers are coming from, but I havent seen him get more than that ONE pass thrown his way (the one he dropped). Is one drop really the only chance he gets as a receiver? Or is it just that the offense hasnt been tailored to go toward anyone but the 1/2 receivers and Tight Ends. I dont know, I just dont know.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by Pick6:
Not giving up yet... not many WR have great rookie years. Many HOF WR struggled their first year(s). Off the top of my head...

0 catches his rookie year,
Wes Welker
Jimmy Smith

Chris Carter had 5 receptions his rookie year.

John Taylor had 9 receptions his rookie year.

I'm sure there are plenty of other examples...

Are any of these receivers first round draft picks? Just asking... Not in a position to look it up right now.

nope, 2nd round (smith), 3rd round (taylor), 4th round (carter) and undrafted (welker). There may very well be other players with similar situations, drafted high and didn't produce early, yet went on to have productive careers. Manningham was a 3rd round pick who had 4 receptions his rookie year.

and contrary to something mentioned earlier WR is actually one of the most difficult positions to transition to in the NFL. I'm not ready to close the door... I also wouldn't rule out taking a WR #1 in the draft either.

OK.... doing a list of the top all time in Rec Yds who struggled yr one.
(all time rank in receiving yards) name - number of receptions

(4) Isaac Bruce - 21
(9) Chris Carter - 5
(10) Henry Ellard - 16
(14) Reggie Wayne - 27
(15) Irving Fryer - 11
(17) Jimmy Smith - 0, 0, 0, 22
(18) Charlie Joiner - 7, 28, 31, 24, 13, 24
(19) Hines Ward - 15
(20 Derrick Mason - 14, 25, 8
(21) Michael Irvin - 32, 26, 20
(22) Don Maynard - 5
(23) Steve Smith - 10
(24) Rod Smith - 6, 16
(25) Keenan McCardell 1, 13, 10

ACTIVE PLAYERS IN REC YDS
(3) Reggie Wayne, (4) Steve Smith - above
(8) Donald Driver - 3, 21, 13
(9) Santana Moss - 2
(12) Wes Welker - 0, 29
(13) Plaxico Burris - 22
(16) Brandon Marshall - 20
(20) Vincent Jackson - 3, 27

food for thought...
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
again... I'm no insider, but being as far down as he was on the depth chart to start the season most of the stuff he would be doing in practice would be the scout team stuff. So until Manningham and Williams went down with injuries he was getting no reps in our playbook during practice... if he wanted to learn our playbook it would have to be outside of practice. It seems to me that he didn't take that opportunity (I read multiple articles talking about LaMichael putting in a ton of work on his own to be ready for when his chance came) and thats on him. He came in to camp out of shape... and wasn't ready to go then, and it appears he hasn't done the work since to make up for lost time. Work ethic is huge... if he ain't got it, it don't matter how much talent he has.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

they threw to him once i think and he droped it lol, they haven't went back to him since, i think he eventually gets cut.
i huge part of me wants to agree with prime time,, but the oprah part of me wants to give the kid a second off season and pre season . i think a number one pick has a slightly longer leash but if we are setting here in august having the same conversation well then we need to follow prime times advice
Share 49ersWebzone