LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
How bad is he? We have two WRs on IR and a late first round pick couldn't even get any action in one of the biggest games of the year. Step it up next season or get released afterwards and be named Rashaun Woods 2.0.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Chad Hall is a veteran and Jenkins is not. Jenkins biggest problem, from my observation, is that doesn't know the playbook well enough and loses track of where he needs to be on any given play. Hall is the safer play, because he knows where to go at least...

I'm not giving on Jenkins so quickly.

LOL.....how long does it honestly take to learn a playbook? is the guy dyslexic or something? Do they need to give it to him in coloring book format? He's literally had 17 weeks during the season, and now 3 weeks of the playoffs......
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Chad Hall is a veteran and Jenkins is not. Jenkins biggest problem, from my observation, is that doesn't know the playbook well enough and loses track of where he needs to be on any given play. Hall is the safer play, because he knows where to go at least...

LOL.....how long does it honestly take to learn a playbook? is the guy dyslexic or something? Do they need to give it to him in coloring book format? He's literally had 17 weeks during the season, and now 3 weeks of the playoffs......

AJ looks like a worried Jason Hill out there. Dude will be ok , but needs time to develop.

Ginn has the experience and speed, keep the ginnster in there. He deserves it.
I can't believe he isn't getting any playing time either. I hope he becomes a star for us, but right now he doesn't look too good.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
AJ looks like a worried Jason Hill out there. Dude will be ok , but needs time to develop.

LOL all the speed in the world doesnt matter if you run crappy routes and have even crappier hands.
He has dropped the only pass he has seen all year. If he doesn't turn it around at some point, the 3rd-4th round grade I gave him that some thought was silly low, may wind up looking too generous.

I was thinking about that too, its just a theory but IMO after preseason, the coaches focused on the games/starters and his duties were to learn other teams plays as a scout receiver. Then his opportunity came and it turns out he was sorely unprepared. He basically got exposed for not putting in the extra effort to learn the playbook along with the scout plays... reminds me of his conditioning in the offseason. Now he is in the dog house and will ride the pine as punishment till he gets his act together over the offseason.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HIMYM:
He will be just fine. The kid gets open.

On the sidelines or what????

Anytime I've seen him on the field. Obviously he's not doing enough to get playing time but that doesn't mean he is gonna be a bust for sure.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HIMYM:
He will be just fine. The kid gets open.

On the sidelines or what????

Anytime I've seen him on the field. Obviously he's not doing enough to get playing time but that doesn't mean he is gonna be a bust for sure.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

LOL all the speed in the world doesnt matter if you run crappy routes and have even crappier hands.

"crappy" > lost

Ginn caught a Kaper misthrow one handed behind him a few weeks ago. It's clear that Harbros only wants him to return ,because nobody else can do it other than James and James is needed badly as a second back.
  • dj43
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Manningham will be back right? And Kyle Williams? That should help out...

Williams will likely be back in time for training camp. MM's injury was so late in the season he may not be ready until sometime in September.
I bet Mario starts the year on the PUP list. Comes back Week 6. Ginn won't be re-signed, hopefully Randy is back, Williams is healthy but I think we'll draft another receiver.
  • dj43
When you consider how many rookie wideouts made substantial contributions to their teams this season, it is clear that Jenkins is a bust at this point. Someone was definitely snowed on the scouting reports on this guy. There should have been something about his attitude or work ethic that should have been picked up in the interview process.

I'm seeing Baalke drafting at least two big WRs this year.
Originally posted by dj43:
When you consider how many rookie wideouts made substantial contributions to their teams this season, it is clear that Jenkins is a bust at this point. Someone was definitely snowed on the scouting reports on this guy. There should have been something about his attitude or work ethic that should have been picked up in the interview process.

I'm seeing Baalke drafting at least two big WRs this year.

remember the rumors of the Rams wanting him.....maybe we took the bait from Fisher
Share 49ersWebzone