There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by bzborow1:
Should be. This team needs depth and so far this draft hasn't produced any "high-potentials" and only LMJ with marginal contributions.

You know its only a matter of time before LMJ breaks a play for a long touchdown. He's been close a couple of times, on kickoff returns and runs, eventually it will happen, his elusiveness, quickness and speed combination are just ridiculous.
Should be. This team needs depth and so far this draft hasn't produced any "high-potentials" and only LMJ with marginal contributions.

Well so far Jenkins has been the absolute definition of depth. He's on the active roster. I don't understand what you're saying. So he no longer has "high-potential" because he hasn't played? I might be more worried if he was still inactive at this point.

James was put into action before he was ready and is not playing very well. He's not playing bad, but you can tell he's not ready and that the game is still too fast for him. Having said that though, when he was needed he played and I believe they will do the same with Jenkins if they absolutely have to. I think they are worried about playing him before he's ready and they don't want to risk any long term injuries if he doesn't have the mass to withstand the pounding that NFL WR take. Not to mention they dont want to destroy his confidence before he even has a chance to be successful.

We'll see what happens, but I see no reason to panic. Yes we could use another player especially at WR but the fact that he hasn't played doesn't mean he's not going to be a good player. The WR position is a tough transition from college to the NFL. Look at Crabtree, Blackmon, Floyd, etc. And those guys weren't expected to need much developmental time.
Jenkins just needs a chance to play, like LMJ! I think he will surprise a lot of people like James. He has blazing speed, and that is what this offense needs especially with Manningham going down. Even if he only ran slants and go routes, it would greatly help take the top off the defense. I hope Kaep worked with him when he was on the second team. Please no more Ginn at WR, he makes me sick every time I see him touch the ball. Every time I see Ginn I see the play where Alex puts the ball right there and it hits him in the facemask resulting in an interception against the Giants.
I'm ready to see what he brings to the table, 1st play, quick out to jenkins and let him go to work
Jenkins needs to be thrown into the fire on Sunday , we need him now more than ever
I have a feeling that we are just not going to see him play much. Ginn gets some extra time maybe, or Delanie lines up at WR. I hope that he gets some time though... would be nice to utilize his speed
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Well so far Jenkins has been the absolute definition of depth. He's on the active roster. I don't understand what you're saying. So he no longer has "high-potential" because he hasn't played? I might be more worried if he was still inactive at this point.

James was put into action before he was ready and is not playing very well. He's not playing bad, but you can tell he's not ready and that the game is still too fast for him. Having said that though, when he was needed he played and I believe they will do the same with Jenkins if they absolutely have to. I think they are worried about playing him before he's ready and they don't want to risk any long term injuries if he doesn't have the mass to withstand the pounding that NFL WR take. Not to mention they dont want to destroy his confidence before he even has a chance to be successful.

We'll see what happens, but I see no reason to panic. Yes we could use another player especially at WR but the fact that he hasn't played doesn't mean he's not going to be a good player. The WR position is a tough transition from college to the NFL. Look at Crabtree, Blackmon, Floyd, etc. And those guys weren't expected to need much developmental time.

I see your points here, however I'll counter by saying that Jenkins hasn't (apparently) shown enough in practice to even dress for games. We certainly need Jenkins now, and I hope he can deliver some speed and over-the-top capabilities to this offense. Crabtree is great but he's not the type to break it open deep. LMJ hasn't really done much as a RB, but is a solid KR. Is that worth a 2nd round pick? I think this offense really misses Kendall Hunter because he can do everything LMJ has showed at RB plus run it up the middle with authority.

I'm beginning to wonder if drafting speed is not really Baalke's specialty. He's done a good job of finding big bodies for the lines (Davis, Iupati, Goodwin, RayMac, RJF) but not in finding playmakers. I'll cross my fingers, but it worries me that a guy who was taken for his special athleticism (speed) hasn't been able to stand out enough to make the starting roster of an offense with less than stellar talent at the position.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
I have a feeling that we are just not going to see him play much. Ginn gets some extra time maybe, or Delanie lines up at WR. I hope that he gets some time though... would be nice to utilize his speed

I'd be mad as f**k seeing how many other teams have found ways to utilize their rookie WR's, several of whom were drafted well after Jenkins.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Can't wait to see Jenkins play

I'm going to predict he will get his first TD this game

But how? That is the real conundrum....

Probably by ending up in the end zone with a football.

lol

I'm thinking Play Action 25 yards out, he lined up in the slot with Moss to the outside. Moss runs a deep fade route taking Safey with him, Jenkins is wide open on deep seam route for TD pass!!!!!!
They should just start AJ this game and see if he can step up or not. Some dudes might not be good practice players but play better in games.
Originally posted by susweel:
They should just start AJ this game and see if he can step up or not. Some dudes might not be good practice players but play better in games.

he has played in a game before....didn't do anything but he got in
Originally posted by susweel:

jeff garcia was a prime example of that
i knew we should have went for Stephen hill...even if he wouldn't have been able to contribute to the passing game his rookie year he still could have been a stellar blocker

prove me wrong AJ!! I hope you do
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i knew we should have went for Stephen hill...even if he wouldn't have been able to contribute to the passing game his rookie year he still could have been a stellar blocker

prove me wrong AJ!! I hope you do

Hill was starting for the Jets before he went down with injury, went for 90 yards and 2 TD's against Buffalo.
Time to show and prove. We absolutely need to create plays that gets the ball to him.