LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hill is good...and going to be really good, really soon, in my opinion. Trust the MadDog. Beginning to think I may have missed on him as the number two WR in this draft, after Blackmon.

As always, time will tell. Very early in the game. As seen in just the first game, players in positions that take time to develop can really show growth over a year. Gabbert is a LOT better this year. Meanwhile, Dalton looked shaky. With young players, the ups and downs can make fans insane.

You think he'll be better than Alshon Jeffery?

Blackmon has the same height, he's 6'0 3/4 not 6'1, lol He's arm's are not as long as Aj either, and his hands are also smaller than aj's, Also 2 more reps in bench.
This is like stealing Rice from the cowgirls. He ran a 4.6, consider to slow, and not big enough to be anything, A.J is just as good if not better than blackmon.
A.J 167 Rec, 2432 Yds, 19 TD
Blackmon 121 Rec, 1,522Yards 18TD
Originally posted by susweel:
first round pick for a scout team wr. great job baalke

solid post
We also have Moss and Crabtree starting before Jenkins. The Bears have Hester over Jeffries, not too tough in my opinion. The Jets have Holmes and no one else, prime spot for Hill. The Jags had/have nobody. All those receivers have more of an opportunity to start and contribute early on. Jenkins looked better than all of those guys in preseason as well. Yes, I know that it was just preseason. I trust our GM and coaches. We'll be fine.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
That was Calvin's last year, The lost P.J who had 3300 yards and Choice first season starting, still got 1000! Your only using Calvin's final year, the passed more that season because they lost a great back and the only guy with talent was calvin, you got to feed him. Basically, all i see is a more effective passing attack with Tevin. Better numbers with half the throws, That would mean better numbers for hill, because there focused on stoping the run, which means one on one all day with a cb, no saftey help. Besides, no team is truly a West Coast, or Spread, It's a mix of what works.

Hill could remind some of Randy Moss when it comes to running a pure, one-on-one deep route.Outside of catching jump balls, he struggles to read coverages and understand how to find holes in a zone. Hill looks uncomfortable with the ball in his hands and resembles a lengthy track star on the field instead of a football player. DOESN"T FIT US, SYSTEM COMPLEX! Hill left as a JR! And for a guy his size I expect better numbers at the combine, He's got 25 pounds on Aj, but only Bench 2 more reps? ALEX DOESN"T NEED A JUMP BALL GUY HE WOULDN"T THROW IT ANYWAYS!

Jenkins is willing to go across the middle and always reaches out to pluck the ball. He was a 2 year starter. He is effective both long and deep but is less of a threat after the catch as he is running his routes. He separates well when running with defenders and is good in securing the catch. Looks West Coast to me, guy who can catch and run more than one route!

Your basically saying, Andrew Luck is not a good qb, because he came from a team that ran the ball 55% of the time. Does no compute!!! Hill is over rated because all fans watch is highlights and you should look at these facts, For some reason Aj was BETTER!

Gailey's, The Offensive Formation: Spread
Gailey's The Rushing Scheme: Power Run.

Paul's, The Offensive Formation: Spread
Paul's The Rushing scheme: Read Option

Illinois Fighting Illini under Jenkins A TWO YEAR STARTER FOR THAT MATTER, AND was the same OFFENSE as Stephen Hill!
The Offensive Formation: Spread
The Rushing scheme: Read Option

So A.J produced better numbers in the same scheme, with just as many starts! /THREAD

I'll trust G.M. and coach's over the board, if we listen to you guys, Aldon wouldn't have been drafted!

74 completions is not an effective passing attack....it was an afterthought. A team running the triple option is not worried about passing the ball if they can run. What better numbers do you expect, he had 28 balls thrown his was from a QB who was under 50% on completions..the year prior Nesbitt was at 37%.

Everybody knew Hill was a raw prospect coming out of school, that was never hidden....but if he was going to sit the bench like Jenkins he would have all the time in the world to learn.

What does system complex mean? Are you saying he's stupid?

Are you really going to argue bench reps....Hill is a proven blocker, Jenkins is not.

If you are going to try to prove a point about his skills use your own words, thoughts, and experience watching him.....don't quote his combine page from NFL.com. But if you are, quote the whole thing, He has shown a good amount of production and has fifth-round value at the next level if he can continue to get open the way he did in the Big Ten.

Luck playing in a balanced system was something Hill was not apart of....learn to read the numbers.

THE GEORGIA TECH SYSTEM IS NOT WHAT IS RUN AT ILLINOIS

Have you ever watched the triple option, have you ever watched GT for a full game...or 3?

and why are you posting Gailey's system...he wasnt even the damn coach!!!!!
[ Edited by jreff22 on Sep 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
We also have Moss and Crabtree starting before Jenkins. The Bears have Hester over Jeffries, not too tough in my opinion. The Jets have Holmes and no one else, prime spot for Hill. The Jags had/have nobody. All those receivers have more of an opportunity to start and contribute early on. Jenkins looked better than all of those guys in preseason as well. Yes, I know that it was just preseason. I trust our GM and coaches. We'll be fine.

actually the jags got Laurent Robinson in FA
What is this thread about?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:

actually the jags got Laurent Robinson in FA

i understand that, but it's not like he lit up Sunday, and prior to him there was no on that team and opposite of him there is no one. Point is he has opportunity.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Hill is good...and going to be really good, really soon, in my opinion. Trust the MadDog. Beginning to think I may have missed on him as the number two WR in this draft, after Blackmon.

As always, time will tell. Very early in the game. As seen in just the first game, players in positions that take time to develop can really show growth over a year. Gabbert is a LOT better this year. Meanwhile, Dalton looked shaky. With young players, the ups and downs can make fans insane.

You think he'll be better than Alshon Jeffery?

Blackmon has the same height, he's 6'0 3/4 not 6'1, lol He's arm's are not as long as Aj either, and his hands are also smaller than aj's, Also 2 more reps in bench.
This is like stealing Rice from the cowgirls. He ran a 4.6, consider to slow, and not big enough to be anything, A.J is just as good if not better than blackmon.
A.J 167 Rec, 2432 Yds, 19 TD
Blackmon 121 Rec, 1,522Yards 18TD

LOL.....I just realized MadDog was talking about Stephen Hill, not AJ....
Originally posted by jreff22:
That was Calvin's last year, The lost P.J who had 3300 yards and Choice first season starting, still got 1000! Your only using Calvin's final year, the passed more that season because they lost a great back and the only guy with talent was calvin, you got to feed him. Basically, all i see is a more effective passing attack with Tevin. Better numbers with half the throws, That would mean better numbers for hill, because there focused on stoping the run, which means one on one all day with a cb, no saftey help. Besides, no team is truly a West Coast, or Spread, It's a mix of what works.

Hill could remind some of Randy Moss when it comes to running a pure, one-on-one deep route.Outside of catching jump balls, he struggles to read coverages and understand how to find holes in a zone. Hill looks uncomfortable with the ball in his hands and resembles a lengthy track star on the field instead of a football player. DOESN"T FIT US, SYSTEM COMPLEX! Hill left as a JR! And for a guy his size I expect better numbers at the combine, He's got 25 pounds on Aj, but only Bench 2 more reps? ALEX DOESN"T NEED A JUMP BALL GUY HE WOULDN"T THROW IT ANYWAYS!

Jenkins is willing to go across the middle and always reaches out to pluck the ball. He was a 2 year starter. He is effective both long and deep but is less of a threat after the catch as he is running his routes. He separates well when running with defenders and is good in securing the catch. Looks West Coast to me, guy who can catch and run more than one route!

Your basically saying, Andrew Luck is not a good qb, because he came from a team that ran the ball 55% of the time. Does no compute!!! Hill is over rated because all fans watch is highlights and you should look at these facts, For some reason Aj was BETTER!

Gailey's, The Offensive Formation: Spread
Gailey's The Rushing Scheme: Power Run.

Paul's, The Offensive Formation: Spread
Paul's The Rushing scheme: Read Option

Illinois Fighting Illini under Jenkins A TWO YEAR STARTER FOR THAT MATTER, AND was the same OFFENSE as Stephen Hill!
The Offensive Formation: Spread
The Rushing scheme: Read Option

So A.J produced better numbers in the same scheme, with just as many starts! /THREAD

I'll trust G.M. and coach's over the board, if we listen to you guys, Aldon wouldn't have been drafted!

74 completions is not an effective passing attack....it was an afterthought. A team running the triple option is not worried about passing the ball if they can run. What better numbers do you expect, he had 28 balls thrown his was from a QB who was under 50% on completions..the year prior Nesbitt was at 37%.

Everybody knew Hill was a raw prospect coming out of school, that was never hidden....but if he was going to sit the bench like Jenkins he would have all the time in the world to learn.

What does system complex mean? Are you saying he's stupid?

Are you really going to argue bench reps....Hill is a proven blocker, Jenkins is not.

If you are going to try to prove a point about his skills use your own words, thoughts, and experience watching him.....don't quote his combine page from NFL.com. But if you are, quote the whole thing, He has shown a good amount of production and has fifth-round value at the next level if he can continue to get open the way he did in the Big Ten.

Luck playing in a balanced system was something Hill was not apart of....learn to read the numbers.

THE GEORGIA TECH SYSTEM IS NOT WHAT IS RUN AT ILLINOIS

Have you ever watched the triple option, have you ever watched GT for a full game...or 3?

and why are you posting Gailey's system...he wasnt even the damn coach!!!!!

It was when Chan Gailey ran the team, Comparing Calvin, to Aj, because they ran a spread system! I don't think hill is going to be Elite. Good maybe, by complex, I mean a system that needs more than 1 route from him. Which is what the niners do, we run the whole tree. Hill would take longer to fit us than he does the jets, all the jets need is a big guy to run the go, and open holmes up from doubles. Bench doesn't have to do with Blocking only, Getting off jams is also important, I'm showing jenkins has the power to get off and get up field too. Dude is 190 benching 225 12 times, Like to see you do that. Jenkins can run the go, but he can also run everything else, he's smoother with his routes than hill, and he's a tough little guy that likes going over the middle.

The bold means nothing, Gore was a 3rd round pick, so was Joe montana! Your using that statement to debunk me it won't work. They can say whatever round they want, all it takes is one team to like him, and that was us, like it or not in 4 years you'll finally see my point, that A.J is a better player. I watch Blackmon, I live in oklahoma. You think Jenkins is worse than hill, and blackmon is better than both. so if you think hill's going to be good fine. I think A.J. is better than Blackmon. So that makes him better than Hill as well in my eyes. Blackmon just did the bench and saved everything for the proday. We agree to disagree, because A.J. will have a great career I'm not saying hill won't, i just think A.J. will be better.

He's a player on your favorite TEAM get behind him or go away, and fallow the jets if you like hill so much! Why do you want a player to fail so bad, just for your ego, so you prove he wasn't good. Clearly you don't support alex you just want to be right that he's not a good player, now your calling him a game manager as a insult, yet again he proved you wrong against the packers! I expect nothing but greatness from the niners players, I don't want any of them to fail, because that means were a bottom feeding team again! So get over your ego, and support this team and it's players!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM ]

Did he even play on Sunday??
Well with Ginn still hurt it looks like our 1rst round 5th on the depth chart WR will be active this week... I just hope he gets on the field, even if it's on a run play... Let the kid get some actual game experience.... Grrrrr
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Did he even play on Sunday??

He was active but from what I can tell he never saw no action.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Harbaalke had no idea at the time, did they.
It was when Chan Gailey ran the team, Comparing Calvin, to Aj, because they ran a spread system! I don't think hill is going to be Elite. Good maybe, by complex, I mean a system that needs more than 1 route from him. Which is what the niners do, we run the whole tree. Hill would take longer to fit us than he does the jets, all the jets need is a big guy to run the go, and open holmes up from doubles. Bench doesn't have to do with Blocking only, Getting off jams is also important, I'm showing jenkins has the power to get off and get up field too. Dude is 190 benching 225 12 times, Like to see you do that. Jenkins can run the go, but he can also run everything else, he's smoother with his routes than hill, and he's a tough little guy that likes going over the middle.

The bold means nothing, Gore was a 3rd round pick, so was Joe montana! Your using that statement to debunk me it won't work. They can say whatever round they want, all it takes is one team to like him, and that was us, like it or not in 4 years you'll finally see my point, that A.J is a better player. I watch Blackmon, I live in oklahoma. You think Jenkins is worse than hill, and blackmon is better than both. so if you think hill's going to be good fine. I think A.J. is better than Blackmon. So that makes him better than Hill as well in my eyes. Blackmon just did the bench and saved everything for the proday. We agree to disagree, because A.J. will have a great career I'm not saying hill won't, i just think A.J. will be better.

He's a player on your favorite TEAM get behind him or go away, and fallow the jets if you like hill so much! Why do you want a player to fail so bad, just for your ego, so you prove he wasn't good. Clearly you don't support alex you just want to be right that he's not a good player, now your calling him a game manager as a insult, yet again he proved you wrong against the packers! I expect nothing but greatness from the niners players, I don't want any of them to fail, because that means were a bottom feeding team again! So get over your ego, and support this team and it's players!

Here are some facts for you. Michael Crabtree never ran the full tree at TT, didn't happen. Most guys coming out of college don't know the tree and it takes all of them time to learn and adjust. So whats your point?

It was reported numerous times that he (Jenkins) lacked strength to fight off defenders....and was on his ass during camp.

When did I ever bring up Blackmon?

And when have I ever not supported Alex, find me one instance that I have been critical of him.....please find it.

When did I call him a game manager?

Are you high?
Share 49ersWebzone