LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Well he was active on gameday.... Did he get any play time in? I never noticed him...
do not think the two rookies were active, did not need them. i am not sure how i feel about that? i think we will really need em next year so they can learn this year ?
Originally posted by sfout:
......god you people make me laugh....the reason Stephen Hill is a starter for the Jets is because every other receiver on their roster besides Holmes is lucky to be in the NFL.....

The names behind Holmes and Hill are as follows

Clyde Gates - career stats after 1 year are 2 receptions for 19 yards
Jeremy Kerley - career stats after 1 year are 29 reception for 314 yards and 1 TD - IMHO he has a chance to be something
Chaz Schilens - career stats after 4 years are 72 receptions for 902 yards and 7 TDs(crabtree basically had this production last season alone)
Patrick Turner - career stats after 3 years are 10 receptions for 122 yards and 1 TD

he is behind Holmes
career stats - 338 receptions for 5,235 yards and 34 TDs

Wow I'm sorry the 4 people Hill is in front off has combine 8 years for 113 receptions 1350 yards and 9 TDs

Lets look at who Jenkins is currently behind

Crabtree - 3 years 175 receptions for 2,240 yards and 12 TDs
Ginn - 5 years 159 receptions for 2,047 yards and 6 TDs
Manningham - 4 years 160 receptions for 2,315 yards and 18 TDs
Williams - 2 years 21 receptions for 249 yards and 3 TDs
Moss - 13 years 954 receptions for 14,858 yards and 153 TDs

Jenkins is behind a combined 25 years (12 without moss) of experience that have a total of 21,709 yards or 6851 without moss
and a td total of 192 or 39 without Moss
a total receptions of 1,469 or 515 moss.....

If we had drafted Hill he would be in the exact same spot that Jenkins is so quit bagging on Jenkins and let it play out how it will. You should all have faith in Baalke for this pick -- I think he has clearly won the fans confidence with his track record.

This. Please with the rest of you.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Well he was active on gameday.... Did he get any play time in? I never noticed him...
do not think the two rookies were active, did not need them. i am not sure how i feel about that? i think we will really need em next year so they can learn this year ?

Jenkins was active 0 PT, James was inactive
he's going to be good.
Im guessing he is the one getting bumped whenever Ginn comes back...

chances are yes
Originally posted by jreff22:

chances are yes

Dont really know how I feel about that. He's our 1rst round pick, I would hope that on gameday he would be active and helping us win games. I don't buy into the theory that we our so deep at WR that he is not needed and can sit a year and learn the sytem. If we are so deep at that position that our #1 draft pick is not needed...Then we should have used that pick on someone else.... In my opinion, someone else needs to be inactive and the rookie get some playing time in...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
^^ All I'm saying is a 6'4" / 6'5" receiver with 4.38 speed is tantalizing!

lmao nice edit ^_^ yes i did rant but its cause its true. We had our choice and picked the 6'1" receiver with 4.3 speed over the 6'5" receiver with 4.3 speed for a reason. That isn't the point though, the point is that we clearly have a method to our madness no matter who we picked at 30, they would be waiting at the bottom of the DC whether it be Jenkins, Hill, or Randle. JH and Baalke have stacked our receiving corp so much that any of the #1 round picks would be under no pressure to perform early on.

I actually read the last part of your post

He was picked because better routes, and soft hands, more catches, more film, consistently put multiple big games together. I rather have Aj, I think he is more solid, and less risk over Stephen Hill's college career he would have a good game, and then disappear the next week and do nothing. One will make more big plays but dissapear, the other will keep working hard, a blue collar player!
Stephen Hill 49 Rec, 1248 Yds, 25.5 Avg, 9 TD
A.J 167 Rec, 2432 Yds, 14.6 Avg, 19 TD
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

lmao nice edit ^_^ yes i did rant but its cause its true. We had our choice and picked the 6'1" receiver with 4.3 speed over the 6'5" receiver with 4.3 speed for a reason. That isn't the point though, the point is that we clearly have a method to our madness no matter who we picked at 30, they would be waiting at the bottom of the DC whether it be Jenkins, Hill, or Randle. JH and Baalke have stacked our receiving corp so much that any of the #1 round picks would be under no pressure to perform early on.

He was picked because better routes, and soft hands, more catches, more film, consistently put multiple big games together. I rather have Aj, I think he is more solid, and less risk over Stephen Hill's college career he would have a good game, and then disappear the next week and do nothing.
49 Rec, 1248 Yds, 25.5 Avg, 9 TD
167 Rec, 2432 Yds, 14.6 Avg, 19 TD

I guess you aren't familiar with the O that Hill played in

He was picked because better routes, and soft hands, more catches, more film, consistently put multiple big games together. I rather have Aj, I think he is more solid, and less risk over Stephen Hill's college career he would have a good game, and then disappear the next week and do nothing.

Run first. I'm not impressed by him! He played 38 games in college, look who else did calvin johnson from the same offense, less speed. at 4.4
Total games 38, 178 Rec, 2,927 Yds, 16.4 Avg, 28 TD
Megatron, had way better production in the same amount of time, in the same run first team....
Hill was like i said, one big game than nothing...

Run first. I'm not impressed by him! He played 38 games in college, look who else did calvin johnson from the same offense, less speed. at 4.4
Megatron, had way better production in the same amount of time, in the same run first team....

And a lot of drops.

not same offense

Chan Gailey came to Georgia Tech in 2002-2006/Calvin

Paul Johnson era: 2008–Present

not same offense

The same head coach that got his ass kicked 28-48. Your really going there, Chan had 1 year as Stanfords head coach, 1 year for the cowboys head coach, head coach of Georgia Tech in 2002-2007* He won two bowl games, I watched him because i went to the tulsa game in 2003, Please tulsa is horrible i don't even know how they got into that game...Bills head coach since 2010. Yeah he's such a great coach

Chan Gailey record at Georgia Tech, 44–32 just for kicks, Gailey's college total wins and loss, 68–41. Including the NFL, and WLAF 108–84 (All-time)!
Paul Johnson record at Georgia Tech 34–20, Johnson college total wins and loss, 142–59.
Calvin is lucky to put up such great numbers with a horrible head coach. Paul Johnson is a much better over all coach then gailey hands down.

not same offense

The same head coach that got his ass kicked 28-48. Your really going there, Chan had 1 year as Stanfords head coach, 1 year for the cowboys head coach, head coach of Georgia Tech in 2002-2007* He won two bowl games, I watched him because i went to the tulsa game in 2003, Please tulsa is horrible i don't even know how they got into that game...Bills head coach since 2010. Yeah he's such a great coach

Chan Gailey record at Georgia Tech, 44–32 just for kicks, Gailey's college total wins and loss, 68–41. Including the NFL, and WLAF 108–84 (All-time)!
Paul Johnson record at Georgia Tech 34–20, Johnson college total wins and loss, 142–59.
Calvin is lucky to put up such great numbers with a horrible head coach. Paul Johnson is a much better over all coach then gailey hands down.

Passig team vs run team'

different philosophy

not same offense

Passig team vs run team'

different philosophy
Give me whatever your smoking... Pass vs Run , One is Ifrom Power, the other is Option run! They were not a passing team under Gailey! haha he loves running the ball, Fred Jackson, C.J Spiller who had 169 yards in that jets game??? Bills ran 1,921 in 2011, 1,720 in 2010!

Under Chan Gailey, Georgia Tech had become notorious for having a stifling defense and a ball control offense! In four years, P.J. Daniels had over 3,300 yards rushing with Tech, Draft 2006. Tashard Choice led the Yellow Jacket rushing attack in 2006, becoming the first Yellow Jacket to rush for 1,000 yards since P. J. Daniels. He ran out of Iform, until 2007 when they got a new O.C, and Choice ran out of single back, Choice had 1,310 yards rushing on 249 attempts and 10 touchdowns even with injuries to his hamstring and to his knee.I know a lot about Choice, He was at oklahoma behind Peterson and Transfer to GT, I was pissed off, but he didn't have a chance playing behind peterson.

They also had Reggie Ball from 2003-2006, Comp 662, Attempts1363, Comp% 48.6, Yards 8128, TD 57, Int's 55, He never passed for more than 2,200 yards in a season! Calvin was draft 2007. Your confused sr, Gailey ran the ball, all day every day! I'll give you the different philosophy, Power running vs Paul run option system, that's it. Otherwise, they ran just as much under Chan, as they do under Paul!

They were never a passing team, Calvin just made them look like one, because he's got the talent of Moss, with the drive of Jerry to be the best. When I look at stephen hill I see a guy, just playing a game he's good at, not a guy who wants to be the best and work for it. He doesn't fit us, he's more about himself than the team. A.J is a team first guy, a blue color worker, he fits us perfect, A guy like Justin, and Aldon, and VD, Guys with talent, that work harder than anyone else because they want to be the best.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone