There are 225 users in the forums

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

im leaning towards kaep, johnson should have the advantage but harbaugh picked kaep and hes been in the system for two years and he got to watch smith last year, hes pretty smart and all the reports talk about how hard of a worker he is. i dont mind either way cuz i like johnson too but i think kaep will win it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
According to "sources," the battle could be between Kaep and Smith for all we know.
where are your sources and where is your link to this? you know what the coach has said and no matter how much you wish it, alex is number one and ck is fighting for the number two spot, i am sorry this does not fit your agenda. please do not let your blind loyality to your hate for alex make you sound foolish
Originally posted by cciowa:
According to "sources," the battle could be between Kaep and Smith for all we know.
where are your sources and where is your link to this? you know what the coach has said and no matter how much you wish it, alex is number one and ck is fighting for the number two spot, i am sorry this does not fit your agenda. please do not let your blind loyality to your hate for alex make you sound foolish

JoeCool might be one of the few that believed in the Susweel Schlefter report. Best to let it go
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

JoeCool might be one of the few that believed in the Susweel Schlefter report. Best to let it go

49ersallthetime believed it as well
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

sorry,, its 107 in iowa, i just got done working 8 hours in the sun for the great bike ride across iowa called ragbri, its a major pain in the ass and i am hot and grouchy!!
Whatever the case its good to have all this potential. However JH has got to do his part in that if the niners have a chance in games he should showcase JJ, CK and ST, the reason I am looking at is that then QB hungry teams may over pay in the future by wanting to trade for them-including Alex, if they are not number one and the future of the team.

With that said- JJ has more experience, but has picked up some bad habits at TB and must get familiar with the players, not to mention adjust to JH new version of he offense. CK has less experience, but is more familiar with the players and the offense and his habits that are bad maybe more amendable since he is not as set.

Tolz-suspect that JH and Baalke will try to hide him as much as possible to keep talent stashed like some of the other players.
Jj was lazy in tampa. He will finish 4th in the qb race.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Jj was lazy in tampa. He will finish 4th in the qb race.

Your basis for this is what? Players? Coaches or here say from unknown sources and media types?
One thing is for certain JH and Baalke love Athletic and good sized QB's

11 Smith, Alex QB 6'4" 217 28 8 Utah
7 Kaepernick, Colin QB 6'4" 230 24 2 Nevada-Reno
1 Johnson, Josh QB 6'3" 205 26 5 San Diego
3 Tolzien, Scott QB 6'3" 208 24 2 Wisconsin

[ Edited by WildBill on Jul 26, 2012 at 2:56 AM ]

Your source a bulls a*****e? Cause there is a definite aroma of b******t in your post...

As I predicted in "Bold Predictions", and as a preview to my 53 roster prediction, JJ will beat out CK.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
As I predicted in "Bold Predictions", and as a preview to my 53 roster prediction, JJ will beat out CK.

My "Bold" prediction is JJ gets cut. The front office has more sway than you think. If CK and JJ are equal, CK will get the nod. Then you have to look, is JJ a better deal at above a million a year or is Tolzien the better value this year and next? Tolzien gets the nod at #3 and JJ is cut.
Originally posted by HomerJ:

Link?

his source is susweel
Pre-season games will be the decidinng factor.

May the bestt man win.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

My "Bold" prediction is JJ gets cut. The front office has more sway than you think. If CK and JJ are equal, CK will get the nod. Then you have to look, is JJ a better deal at above a million a year or is Tolzien the better value this year and next? Tolzien gets the nod at #3 and JJ is cut.
So we disagree. I just so happen to think that JH has more say and power over the final roster than you may think. I doubt the front office will forces CK on JH if JJ is the better option. Kind of runs afoul of the "competition" mood that JH has successfully instilled in the psyche up and down the roster. Plus, bad decisions by the front office is mostly to blame for the 49ers playoff hiatus before JH. But, that's just my take. I won't debate you here about this. Too premature.
Share 49ersWebzone