LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by fly15:
JJ is a bust, they let him go for a reason.....
If Harbaugh can work with Alex sight unseen why couldn't he work with Johnson who excelled at San Diego St. under him?
Besides J.J is not a high draft pick and there is not enough body of work to call him a bust.

I think all three can play well enough for the niners D and ST to win games for us.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I think all three can play well enough for the niners D and ST to win games for us.
I agree! However thinking this way is sacrilege in the WZ.
My boy C to tha K
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
whoever plays better in preseason.
Everyone is already counting Tolzien out of the race? Big Mistake.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

agree

I'm just curious what some of you guys see in Tolzien to think so highly of him. I'm not saying he can't suddenly turn into our version of Kurt Warner/Tony Romo but I'm curious why some people keep bringing him up as our QB of the future?

I have a feeling some people just assume because he has traditional throwing mechanics and is young that he's the guy.

Truth is neither Colin nor Scott are proven and will need to do that this camp/pre-season. Josh Johnson needs to prove that Tampa Bay was just a bad situation and being reunited with Harbaugh can be a boost for his career. So outside of Alex we have no idea what we have.
Originally posted by genus49:

I'm just curious what some of you guys see in Tolzien to think so highly of him. I'm not saying he can't suddenly turn into our version of Kurt Warner/Tony Romo but I'm curious why some people keep bringing him up as our QB of the future?

I have a feeling some people just assume because he has traditional throwing mechanics and is young that he's the guy.

Truth is neither Colin nor Scott are proven and will need to do that this camp/pre-season. Josh Johnson needs to prove that Tampa Bay was just a bad situation and being reunited with Harbaugh can be a boost for his career. So outside of Alex we have no idea what we have.

The point was that this thread only lists two out of the three backup QB's. Tolzien has as good a shot as any of the three. What has he has done to not deserve to be on the poll list?
We really dont know anything about any of the three QBs yet. But I get the feeling Harbaugh has a man crush on JJ and last year Harbaugh absolutely had to draft a QB early to attempt to silence the AS haters for a while. Im rooting for CK though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldMine:
We really dont know anything about any of the three QBs yet. But I get the feeling Harbaugh has a man crush on JJ and last year Harbaugh absolutely had to draft a QB early to attempt to silence the AS haters for a while. Im rooting for CK though.
i do not care. I just want our backup qb spot to be more solid this year than last year. we got lucky cuz alex never got hurt and I do not want to temp fate again. I do not know about any man crush. i think the coach feels that Ck has a ways to go, despite what some on this forum feel, before he is nfl ready to be a starter. JJ was the best option out there in regards to a free agent and he has a working relationship with him so that was another plus for johnson. The reason why he moved up and took a quarterback last year was because AT THE TIME,,, he had no idea what he had in alex smith. The coach could care less about politics and trying to silence alex haters. sorry but i do not conform to your theory

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
I agree! However thinking this way is sacrilege in the WZ.

if he thought that about scotty and ck, he never would have went out and got a vet. what is so hard to understand about this. The coach feels the two kids are not ready, he does not want to temp fate again with alex and a possible injury so he went out to get a vet. i know some want so much to think otherwise and to think that you can just plug in the two kids and everything will be fine. If the coach thought that,, he never would have went out to get johnson. I know some of you hate alex but do not let your blind loyality to your alex hatred make you sound foolish
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

you really think the two kids would have won 14 games for us? really? wow

Because Nate Davis isn't here anymore.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Wrong. Because he is just as proven,(which is not proven at all) as the other two guys. (JJ has obviously been in the league longer, but wasnt very good and probally mismanaged in TB) and he has just as good a shot of any of them at clenching the #2 backup role. I dont care who wins the backup role, im just not one to count out a QB as tenacious as Tolzien. I think he has as good a shot as the other two and may the best man win.

The fact that he went undrafted, and we scooped him from SD, does not make him any less desirable than the other two QB's. Harbaugh wanted to sign him before he signed with SD and when he went to PS we went and got him. Harbaugh likes something about the kid or he wouldnt have gone after him twice. We will find out soon enough though, because i dont beleive Harbaugh will play favorites, and will give each QB plenty or opportunities to prove what they got.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jul 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

I Think that is a very logical answer
Share 49ersWebzone