Originally posted by ChazBoner:
4-12, book it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Big deal, I say that every year!
  • mike
  • Veteran
4-12, book it.

Never know. I thought we'd at most be 9-7 last year and we skyrocketed to 13 wins. With all the expectations of us improving on the 13 we could just get hit with the injury bug and tank it.

We have a tougher schedule, but to only get 4 wins we'd basically need to lose Alex and Gore, probably justin smith too. Moss would need to play just like he has the past few years. Kaep would need to play as badly as he did last preseason. NEVER KNOW. Look at the colts or chiefs, both winning teams before last season.
Originally posted by mike:
Never know. I thought we'd at most be 9-7 last year and we skyrocketed to 13 wins. With all the expectations of us improving on the 13 we could just get hit with the injury bug and tank it.

We have a tougher schedule, but to only get 4 wins we'd basically need to lose Alex and Gore, probably justin smith too. Moss would need to play just like he has the past few years. Kaep would need to play as badly as he did last preseason. NEVER KNOW. Look at the colts or chiefs, both winning teams before last season.

doubt it , not with this coaching staff, with harbs at the helm we will always be in the mix
Originally posted by mike:
4-12, book it.

That's why I'm stoked about what Baalke has done to increase the talent level and competition for our team. One of the main reasons for doing well is that subs did well for those injured players like Grant for Willis and Boone for Staley. The more talented depth we have, the better our chances of making it back to the NFCC.
b***h just jinxed us.
Originally posted by 99problems:
and defenses with that many new starters learning a new system never do what That defense did.
With all starters returning and a offseason i will take those odds any day

exactly.
Harbaugh and Roman should put on their hoodies. Come up to Mort. Double kick 'em in the shin. Have Roman sit on Mort's face to muffled the cries of pain.

'There's no bounty. That's how we roll. OK, Romain Noodle let him go', said Harbaugh.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
And to think this time last year people were saying we were gonna be drafting Andrew Luck with the first pick this year.

Just gotta laugh and shake my head. Yes, I recall this very well. Oh, the difference a good coach can make!
Defenses didn't give any respect to our passing game last year, and for good reason. Crabtree wasn't a threat and Davis didn't become a threat until late in the season and playoffs. In the NFC championship game, our WR's were non-existant yet it took deep into OT and a FG to win the game for the Giants. Imagine if we had Moss and Manningham in that game? We win it. Just having those 2 guys on the field, defenses WILL have to account for them and adjust coverages which opens the medium range game tremendously. Now this is of course these guys can stay healthy.

If the defense plays with the same intensity, I don't see how we won't get even farther. Every playoff team in the NFC lost pieces on one or both sides of the ball whether its players or key coaches. For once in almost a decade, the niners did not lose ANYONE (aside from Morgan but not huge) but gained 3 playmakers on offense and the defense remained intact. We've all expressed the need for consistency for years and we finally have it.

I don't see anything wrong with Morts comment.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Defenses didn't give any respect to our passing game last year, and for good reason. Crabtree wasn't a threat and Davis didn't become a threat until late in the season and playoffs. In the NFC championship game, our WR's were non-existant yet it took deep into OT and a FG to win the game for the Giants. Imagine if we had Moss and Manningham in that game? We win it. Just having those 2 guys on the field, defenses WILL have to account for them and adjust coverages which opens the medium range game tremendously. Now this is of course these guys can stay healthy.

If the defense plays with the same intensity, I don't see how we won't get even farther. Every playoff team in the NFC lost pieces on one or both sides of the ball whether its players or key coaches. For once in almost a decade, the niners did not lose ANYONE (aside from Morgan but not huge) but gained 3 playmakers on offense and the defense remained intact. We've all expressed the need for consistency for years and we finally have it.

I don't see anything wrong with Morts comment.

Wow i couldnt have said it better myself! This next yr is gonna be great in the world of niner/nfl. Hell its been a decade for a madden game to even have the niners rated good. In harbaugh n co i trust
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
4-12, book it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
You did not know?it is always better to lose on purpose in order to be able to draft higher
I see our offense and defense swaping spots in the rankings.
I think there is a real chance we do that. We would have done that this year if KW could catch a punt.... A wounded Gronkowski and a not so good N.E. defense. I think we could have won. I really do. And if we catch 2 punts no question at all we go there.
Yeaaaaaaaa we should win it all this year...