LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

who the hell

Shop Find 49ers gear online
His dad, Lowell Cohn has been a sports writer here in the bay area for about 30 years, Grant has grow up around this team. Back in the day it used to okay to be critical of the home team, that sort of insight and analysis was considered honest, now people call it "hate". I say deal with it.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
LULZ!!!!!!!!!!!

He was merely correcting your grammatical errors. I don't think he was insinuating that you are an idiot. Instead of "your", it is actually spelled "you're". Also, it is doubt, not "dout"
Their is not no way you dont see the humor hear. Obviously, the air or witch he was concerned with was when their was no Capitol on the word "but" at the start of the sentence. I'm just glad that he aint too proud too admit the missed steak.

Seriously though, it is cool that the dude wasn't upset about being corrected. As for Cohn, I have not read a great deal of his work, so I am not sure if it seems like he is always ragging on Smith or not. I will say that I was guilty of bashing Smith frequently prior to last season. The guy shut me up with his play last year.
[ Edited by NY9ERS on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
His dad, Lowell Cohn has been a sports writer here in the bay area for about 30 years, Grant has grow up around this team. Back in the day it used to okay to be critical of the home team, that sort of insight and analysis was considered honest, now people call it "hate". I say deal with it.

So have most of us here. Critical is fine, as long as it is rational and professional. Neither of those adjectives apply to Lowell or Grant in my opinion.
He is too much like a fan its annoying, I stopped following him on twitter and no longer read his articles
he cant write

did you see his artivle o josh johnson being harbaughs montana?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he cant write

LOL
I don't see the hate. He's just posting facts about Alex's past performance.
Grant hates Alex, 90 percent of his blogs are about Alex. He does have some supporters. His blog has really gone down hill and I for one no longer go to that site.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he cant write

LOL

im typing from my phone so what if i missed a letter its not like im claiming to be a jounalst
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Grant hates Alex, 90 percent of his blogs are about Alex. He does have some supporters. His blog has really gone down hill and I for one no longer go to that site.

I don't know if hate is the right word but is blatant dislike for Alex has been on display for some time and I couldn't agree more about his blog! I respect that he's a fan of the team and what he does. I just dont care to read what he has to say anymore.

• ak49
Seriously, I dont believe Grant Cohn is a niner hater. I actually find that he's quite effusive about his praise of the team, but he just happens to be in the corner that believes that the Niners won last year "in spite of AS, not because of him".
I must admit that I agree with him. AS hardly shows up in a game unless its a crunch situation. His 3rd down and redzone efficiency is pitiful. His performance in the NFC championship game was horrid. We would never even have gotten to the point of losing that game if he could have completed a few passes on 2nd and 3rd down. We had ample opportunities in the 4th quarter and over-time to even get us close to a field goal. Yes I know that the receivers only caught 3 passes that day, but I believe a lot of that was also on him.
He undoubtedly played very well against New Orleans, but unfortunately I found him reverting to his normal play during the NFC championship game. Against quite a stout defense, Eli Manning, continued to be his team's spark, where as AS just couldnt do much. I think he would have come out looking worse were it not for an absolutely outer world performance from VD during the playoffs and that game.
So if he sees deficiencies in a player he isn't supposed to write his opinion about it? Thats kind of his job bro. Feel free to pass over his articles if you don't enjoy them.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

So have most of us here. Critical is fine, as long as it is rational and professional. Neither of those adjectives apply to Lowell or Grant in my opinion.

Agreed. Critical is fine. Critical is expected. But the Cohn boys, Lowell in particular can't seem to write anything about the 49ers without some sort of angst filled behind the scenes conspiracy theory at work to support their hypothesis.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
this thread is full of win
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
this thread is full of win

how does humboldt always manage to do it?
Share 49ersWebzone