LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

who the hell

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
grant cohn is just trying to become his douchebag father. the guy harbaugh butted heads with all year last year. he even links you to his dads s**tty articles on all of his posts. "hey my daddy just wrote a new article about his seething hatred for alex smith, go check it out!" f**k them both
you should read the comments below his articles, makes the articles worth reading
his best artivle was josh johnson is harbaughs montana
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
Originally posted by Chief:
i dout it. but if you are...your an idiot.

You're

i never said i wasnt an idiot. i just said he is too.

LULZ!!!!!!!!!!!

He was merely correcting your grammatical errors. I don't think he was insinuating that you are an idiot. Instead of "your", it is actually spelled "you're". Also, it is doubt, not "dout"

your ocean of expertise

Who in the hell is Grant Cohn, and what is his problem with our quarterback? I check this site daily and am getting sick and tired of reading his AS bashing. It appears he lives in Oakland. I guess he'd rather we had Jamarcus Russel. What ever the case...i hope he looses his job soon.

He is the son of Lowell Cohn and he does not write articles; rather, he trolls this site, seeking to arouse anger and upset by making arbitrary (and generally, anti-49er) comments. IMHO, he has no credibility as a blogger or sports commentator. I have stopped reading his stuff altogether. The presence of his blogs often gets me to leave the web site completely. Maybe, if enough of us do the same, this site will stop posting his drivel.
Never cared for Lowell, but I am okay with Grant. It seems that making an assessment of Alex in any negative way riles the heck of some. Its not like it doesn't have merit.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WildBill:
Never cared for Lowell, but I am okay with Grant. It seems that making an assessment of Alex in any negative way riles the heck of some. Its not like it doesn't have merit.

haven't you heard #11 is a perfect QB and never can be critiqued.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
haven't you heard #11 is a perfect QB and never can be critiqued.

There is a big different between an honest critique and nitpicking to the point of absurdity (see the discussion where we compare the running style of shawn hill to alex smith).there is a big difference between good fans discussing how alex can improve on his faults and just b***hing to b***h cuz you never wanted him drafted number one in the first place, thus refusing to give him credit for anything last year
Personally, I would rather be informed of stats such as the ones Cohn posted about Alex Smith's 3rd down ineptitude. Sounds like Humboldt9er doesn't want to be informed. No need to bash Cohn. Alex is polarizing period. Maybe there is a better analogy, but if your wife was getting around town without your knowledge, wouldn't you want to know? Or are you the type that says, "What I don't know, wont hurt me?"
Ah, I see what they did here. I thought this was a fresh "who the hell" thread, but was duped into clicking on another tired Alex Smith thread.

Originally posted by cciowa:
There is a big different between an honest critique and nitpicking to the point of absurdity (see the discussion where we compare the running style of shawn hill to alex smith).there is a big difference between good fans discussing how alex can improve on his faults and just b***hing to b***h cuz you never wanted him drafted number one in the first place, thus refusing to give him credit for anything last year

I was one who never wanted to draft him as the number one overall and didn't think he rated it. If he was drafted later in the 1st like Rodgers maybe it wouldn't be so bad. As an overall #1, he is a bust. Yes I have heard of the reasons why he was held back, yet others in the past at least show flashes of brilliance, Alex has never shown flashes of brilliance. Unfortunately, that year looking back was piss poor lack of talent draft. Manning is a good example, he didn't come out as gang busters but improved, if there was any doubt about his significance to the Colts, just look at last year.

b***hing about Alex's faults is the same as saying what he needs to improve on, as for how to, that is up to Alex. While he is book smart, that doesn't mean squat in games that are based on physical prowess. Like fighting, I know people who can memorize a fight form and know what it is used for several times better than I. Yet, when it comes time to mixed it up live, all that goes out the window cause they can't read and react, they don't have that fast twitch to do it when chaos is flying around you. You can train some, but their is a limit, the rest is a gift, like instincts.

Steve Spurrier (sp?), was a niner #1 draft pick, smart player, in the end he couldn't beat out the old horse Brodie. He is a good college coach though and his offense is great for the college level despite his tacklessness. As a player though-nada.

I hope teaching and reps is all Alex needs, but I think his up side as people are want to say, is only so high from this vantage point.
He thinks smiths garbage
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
His dad, Lowell Cohn has been a sports writer here in the bay area for about 30 years, Grant has grow up around this team. Back in the day it used to okay to be critical of the home team, that sort of insight and analysis was considered honest, now people call it "hate". I say deal with it.

So have most of us here. Critical is fine, as long as it is rational and professional. Neither of those adjectives apply to Lowell or Grant in my opinion.

My old man wrote sports back in the day, he was pretty popular, so he could just do his thing. Some guys try to be controversial, hell most guys, that way the get read. It's like this, people will read you if you're good, because well you're good. If you're not so good good, stir some s**t once in a while and people will read you because they like to argue with you, or because they can feel smarter or better than you, in the end it doesn't matter as long as they read you, and people are reading Grant...so it works.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
I was one who never wanted to draft him as the number one overall and didn't think he rated it. If he was drafted later in the 1st like Rodgers maybe it wouldn't be so bad. As an overall #1, he is a bust. Yes I have heard of the reasons why he was held back, yet others in the past at least show flashes of brilliance, Alex has never shown flashes of brilliance. Unfortunately, that year looking back was piss poor lack of talent draft. Manning is a good example, he didn't come out as gang busters but improved, if there was any doubt about his significance to the Colts, just look at last year.

b***hing about Alex's faults is the same as saying what he needs to improve on, as for how to, that is up to Alex. While he is book smart, that doesn't mean squat in games that are based on physical prowess. Like fighting, I know people who can memorize a fight form and know what it is used for several times better than I. Yet, when it comes time to mixed it up live, all that goes out the window cause they can't read and react, they don't have that fast twitch to do it when chaos is flying around you. You can train some, but their is a limit, the rest is a gift, like instincts.

Steve Spurrier (sp?), was a niner #1 draft pick, smart player, in the end he couldn't beat out the old horse Brodie. He is a good college coach though and his offense is great for the college level despite his tacklessness. As a player though-nada.

I hope teaching and reps is all Alex needs, but I think his up side as people are want to say, is only so high from this vantage point.
I think it would be wonderfull for the team if alex showed the same type of improvement from last year to this year as he did leading up to last year in the same system with the same coaches and better wide outs,, and hopefully improved offensive line play.Those are not alex excuses, those are the facts esp the poor line play early.By the way spurrier did a decent job in playing for brodie who had a bad ankle only to falter in the playoffs. He was a good punter to and he wore the cool one bar facemask
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He thinks smiths garbage

Burn that man at the stake, crucify him!!!!!!! -Nobody must curse and defy our franchise QB!
Share 49ersWebzone