There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the niners ruining the locker room ?

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No.

Moss > Has never been a locker room cancer. His issues have always been lack of effor on the field, but you will have trouble finding any teammate that had an issue with him.

Cox > May not even make the team. He's the kind if guy that benefits from a GOOD locker room.

Jacobs > Overblown problem in the locker room. It didn't stop him from being on 2 SB winners.

Also, any one of these guys can be cut loose for almost nothing.

No worries.

this too.
2nd

3rd - all of them are minimum salaries with little or no guaranteed money. Baalke is making waves with these picks but they will likely pay off or be tossed aside for nothing. Just like Braylon.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
no
Nope.
This is a strong locker room.
Harbaugh will get these guys to run through walls for him... or they'll get cut.
Baalke's contracts assured they can cut them with little to no effect on the cap.
Low risk and potential high rewards from all three.
Winning creates locker room cohesion. Whos to say that had last season been a failure that our locker room wouldn't have taken a dip in the other direction. Its the oldest and most proven formula in any sports. When your winning all is good and everybody is having a good time and when your losing people's tempers flare, its as simple as that. No matter who the niners add to the team, as long as they are winning all will be good.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM ]
Well, I guess no, but it is curious what exactly Brandon brings to the team. Frank is our RB, Hunter is a slasher, and faster, plus good receiver, so what exactly is Jacobs going to be doing. Hard to believe thay brot him here for an occasional 1 play to give frank a breather. Strange.
i don't know if three players, whom two of them are signed to one year deals, could ruin a great locker room chemistry. With that said, since jacobs and moss are signed to one year deals, the team can cut them without little to no consequence.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Well, I guess no, but it is curious what exactly Brandon brings to the team. Frank is our RB, Hunter is a slasher, and faster, plus good receiver, so what exactly is Jacobs going to be doing. Hard to believe thay brot him here for an occasional 1 play to give frank a breather. Strange.

either way he is an upgrade over Dixon - the only part of the whole thing is what will they do to fill Dixon's ST contributions if he gets cut.
No guarantee that any of the guys you mentioned make the team. They have to come in fit in with the players we already have not the other way around. The contracts they have make it very easy for us to dump these dudes if they dont perform or act up
^ agree with Valrod. If they don't buy in to the team concept at SF, they will be sent packing by Harbaugh.
Time will tell but if Moss explodes it will be within the FA deadline time constraint.

THE BEST NINER OFFSEASON IN HISTORY HANDS DOWN
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Time will tell but if Moss explodes it will be within the FA deadline time constraint.

THE BEST NINER OFFSEASON IN HISTORY HANDS DOWN

last year was pretty dope too. ALDON f**kING SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Time will tell and the locker room is about the players not JH. if problems start the players need to put a end to them. My problem is more on the field than the locker room. The fact they they brought in 2 guys known for givivng the minimal effort needed to play. I think the locker room will be fine.
I'm sure the team got manningham's opinion on Jacobs as well before they signed him.
I love this off-season. Bringing in great talent with 1-2 yr contracts. Moss, Cox, and Jacobs all have personal vendettas with something to prove. I especially love the Cox signing. Super talent! All three of these players will make the team.
Originally posted by Seansf49:
Low risk high reward signings. If they don't like what they bring to the table they'll be cut.

This X 3. Even Brent Jones said on KNBR a few years back, the Niners had several "questionable" characters on their super bowl teams. The team was built to "win championships".

Cox- hopefully he learned, and will grow from the experience of the past. He can make bank in his next contract if he plays well. That is MOTIVATION.
Moss- Wants to put a FU stamp on his career, and finish with an UP year.
Jacobs- Could be cut before the season, or could replace Dixon, his signing is good because ALL positions need competition, hopefully Dixon gets off Twitter and starts working his arse off.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home