LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Are the niners ruining the locker room ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I love this off-season. Bringing in great talent with 1-2 yr contracts. Moss, Cox, and Jacobs all have personal vendettas with something to prove. I especially love the Cox signing. Super talent! All three of these players will make the team.

This
I think it's time to stop worrying about these kinds of things and trust our coach and general manager.
when you win, there are no locker room problems
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
not at all
not worried 1 bit, these are signings with low risk very high rewards. we can easily cut them without taking a hit to the salary cap, i love deals where the player has to work hard for his next contract. i'll have a problem if we let rogers go who was a leader and liked on the defense and signed say a guy like finnegan to huge money, we have proven that we will take care of our own 1st if they ball out on the field before worrying about any outsiders and that equals a happy and close knit group
Originally posted by susweel:
With recent signings like Moss, Cox and now loud mouth Jacobs anybody else concerned they might be messing with the good locker room cohesion that we had. Im not saying that all our players need to be choir boys but these recent signings are not something the niners usually do. Hopefully it all works out but it does make you think.

I agree. I wrote in the FA thread about a weak ago that I hoped the Niners Brass would stop with the infusion of "talented but troubled athletes." We built this team over a long period of time and chemistry and quality character players were part of that foundation. Anyway, I can't say for sure there will be a problem, but I hope it doesn't blow up in our face. If next year doesn't go as planned I think the locker will explode.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No.

Moss > Has never been a locker room cancer. His issues have always been lack of effor on the field, but you will have trouble finding any teammate that had an issue with him.

Cris Carter - I didn't have to look very far.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
What about the flip side to these guys? Well, exception to Cox.

Moss, Jacobs and Manningham have been on winning teams. Who's to say they won't improve the locker room and teach our guys how to or what it takes to win.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
No.

Moss > Has never been a locker room cancer. His issues have always been lack of effor on the field, but you will have trouble finding any teammate that had an issue with him.

Cris Carter - I didn't have to look very far.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Cris Carter is kind of a b***h.
Ruining? No.

Remember Erickson and Donahue? THAT'S ruining a team/locker room/franchise. Nolan tried his best to put this team back together, but failed by drafting the wrong QB then throwing him under the bus when he got injured. Singletary had much better talent, but didn't succeed and kept a QB carousel going to where there wasn't continuity that kept us from a possible Wildcard berth.

Harbaugh (and coaching staff) along with Baalke (since official GM) are doing a great job drafting, signing FAs and utilizing the talent on this team to the best of their ability and nearly reached the SB. Top D, run stopping monsters with +28 (or whaterver) TO ratio, good running game with a game-manager QB who doesn't turn the ball over much (5 INTs and a couple of fumbles lost). We're missing a big-time passing game and if we could get that, we'd be unstoppable!

So, I reiterate, no...the Niners are NOT ruining the locker room.

no way. if we did this last year it would have been stupid. after a winning season with leaders like Gore, Willis, J.Smith, VD, Staley, Rogers, Whitner we're fine. Moss/Jacobs and P.Cox are low risk/high reward players. If any don't work out they are gone with no cap ramifications, Edwards didn't hurt us last year and these guys won't this year.
P52 and VD wouldn't let another player come in and ruin the locker room.
We're complimenting the ruthless nastiness of our defense to our offense. -Before Harbaugh came this team had no identity; they had heart, but no 'drive'.

-Harbaugh and his staff are making this one mean ass team you don't wanna f**k with that's full of pride and determination.
No.

Cox > May not even make the team. He's the kind if guy that benefits from a GOOD locker room.

Jacobs > Overblown problem in the locker room. It didn't stop him from being on 2 SB winners.

Also, any one of these guys can be cut loose for almost nothing.

No worries.

^^ This is all that needs to be said. Jacobs won 2 Super Bowls. For the past 10 years we had "Nolan" guys in the locker room and they didn't accomplish squat. Harbaugh is well respected and will not tolerate any kind of crap. He knows what goes on in the locker room better than any of us so lets just chill out on the worries and enjoy the ride.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Time will tell but if Moss explodes it will be within the FA deadline time constraint.

THE BEST NINER OFFSEASON IN HISTORY HANDS DOWN

1994?
Share 49ersWebzone