LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Are the niners ruining the locker room ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OP is looking way to much into these signings... Are we all little girls here??? He has a bad mouth whaaaaaaaaaaaa crying
No one being signed has ever been complained about by teammates. Locker room cohesion is the most overblown topic in sports. I guarantee you guys that %99 percent of players get along fine in a structured situation.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No.

Moss > Has never been a locker room cancer. His issues have always been lack of effor on the field, but you will have trouble finding any teammate that had an issue with him.

Cris Carter - I didn't have to look very far.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Cris Carter is kind of a b***h.

Exactly and he was the man before Moss got there. Once Moss got there, he was the talk of the town and it was no longer "old man Chris' " team. He never had a "team" season as good as he had before Moss got there. As talented as he was because of his elite hands and footwork, Moss was just a flat out freak of nature that IMMEDIATELY shined bright.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
No.

Moss > Has never been a locker room cancer. His issues have always been lack of effor on the field, but you will have trouble finding any teammate that had an issue with him.

Cris Carter - I didn't have to look very far.

Chris Carter had zero issues with Randy when they were playing. Randy was his freakin shadow. They ran speed camps together.

Chris Carter didn't have an issue until he was a talking head on TV and suddenly had somehting to say.

Hell, CHris Carter had a drug problem early in his career so he really shouldn't be talking about who was or wasn't a problem in the locker room.
I wasn't aware that Cox was a locker room problem.

Jacobs' Giants managed to win 2 super bowls and Jacobs can hardly be considered the only "malcontent" in that locker room. Plus NY media blows stuff waaaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

Moss is an issue, always has been and always will be.
We know none of these guys personally. We dont know what kind of people they are so lets stop trying to judge people of ESPN clips and other allegations.
[ Edited by Squidp on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Time will tell but if Moss explodes it will be within the FA deadline time constraint.

THE BEST NINER OFFSEASON IN HISTORY HANDS DOWN

1994?

Many on this forum are too young to remember that one.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
I think the locker room is already established. There are guys already in place who will police the locker room. This kind of stuff is only a concern to young teams that have no leaders and no identity. This team is already well past that point. And if someone like a Moss or a Jacobs becomes a cancer that the team leaders can't control, the coaches will step in. I think Harbaalke made these moves fully aware of the risks and confident that the team can handle it.
That's the beauty of one year deals. If they cause trouble they'll get released.

No.

Cox > May not even make the team. He's the kind if guy that benefits from a GOOD locker room.

Jacobs > Overblown problem in the locker room. It didn't stop him from being on 2 SB winners.

Also, any one of these guys can be cut loose for almost nothing.

No worries.

Our locker room is strong enough to take care of anyone not embracing "team first". It's really a non-issue.
No, it is established and thhe vets will shut it down FAST!

They got a real taste of winning and will not let a jive-ass reject from NY Giants to ruin it.
Originally posted by midrdan:
I wasn't aware that Cox was a locker room problem.

Jacobs' Giants managed to win 2 super bowls and Jacobs can hardly be considered the only "malcontent" in that locker room. Plus NY media blows stuff waaaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

Moss is an issue, always has been and always will be.

As long as we keep drunk girls out of the locker room, we should be ok.
did the patriots ruinn their locker room when they signed haynesworth and chad johnson? there's your answer
Share 49ersWebzone