There are 216 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sachie23:
I hear what you're saying but drafting Gore's replacement this year might not be the best move since he will hardly touch the ball (barring injury). I think '13 would be the time to get out next RB. Just my opinion...

Best case scenario, he rarely touches the ball. Worst case scenario: Gore gets injured (which isn't, like, totally unheard of), and we have an undersized back carrying the load. I understand that Jacobs is insurance against that, but RBs wear down quickly, especially at 28/29. Drafting a potential three-down back would take the pressure off Gore and prepare us for the future.

Whatevs, its moot now. Welcome Brandon.
Can he catch the ball consistently? Any insights?
If harbaugh can get him to stop dancing and start running like a 6'4", 265 truck, this could be a game-changing signing.
I didn't even know Jacobs was on the market. Good pickup! It'll be interesting to see how the RB rotation is gonna turn out
HATE the guy.

He still has to make the team. Maybe an insurance move in case we can't get RB in draft.
Did'nt see this one coming!
runs soft for a big man.....
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Anyone knows anything of Brandon Jacobs...I don't follow the Giants enough to know about Jacobs.

Wait....is he the guys Rice called 'soft'

He's the guy who got tackled by Bowman's left pinky on a 3rd or 4th and 1 was it?

BTW, that pinky tackled a 6'4" 264 pounds that runs a 4.5.

Jacobs = suxxors worse than Alex.

Maybe we want to move him to DE.

So you're say'n he's a tripple version of Dexter Carter
Was he the one that was wrestling on TNA?
Originally posted by dj43:
Good bye Anthony Dixon.

I suspect your right.

Matt Miacco said it right

Low risk
High reward

=

He's cheap
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Now Dan Patrick is reporting it. Patrick: Bradshaw is the beast, Jacobs was a beast and then got paid.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If harbaugh can get him to stop dancing and start running like a 6'4", 265 truck, this could be a game-changing signing.

Yeah I agree.
Originally posted by socalniner:
I didn't even know Jacobs was on the market. Good pickup! It'll be interesting to see how the RB rotation is gonna turn out

Gore is the work horse, Jacobs is the back-up who spells Gore, and Hunter is almost exclusively a COP/3rd down back. Hunter is too much of a liability in pass protection to do much else.

EDIT: Not to say Hunter isn't willing or doesn't know how, but he's too small, and could get trucked by a cornerback.
[ Edited by sspiker on Mar 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Not a big fan of this. I would've much rather drafted Gore's replacement (like Doug Martin).

This isnt about replacing Gore

What about Dixon's contributions to the TonyMontana cew? I don't think Jacobs is an upgrade on STs.

that rock Cartwright now man
Share 49ersWebzone