LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Not a big fan of Jacobs; negative locker room guy and not too bright. Not a big fan of Dixon either, but he contributes on special teams and seems to be liked by his teammates. Would rather have drafted a big back to compete for the third string spot.

Totally agree. We are bringing in some very volatile players who can run their mouth when things aren't working well.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of Jacobs. Dude runs like a little girl at times. Hopefully this helps on short yardage and red zone.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If harbaugh can get him to stop dancing and start running like a 6'4", 265 truck, this could be a game-changing signing.

Yeah I agree.

No. It would be Rathman. He got Bruce Miller, a defensive player, playing full back. I trust Rathman
Gore - Work horse, all-around RB
Jacobs - Short-yardage, goal line, power back
Hunter - Chang-of-pace, speed back

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏ @espn_nfcwest

Jacobs makes 49ers bigger, older at RB

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/61970/jacobs-makes-49ers-bigger-older-at-rb
  • dj43
Originally posted by sachie23:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Not a big fan of this. I would've much rather drafted Gore's replacement (like Doug Martin).

I hear what you're saying but drafting Gore's replacement this year might not be the best move since he will hardly touch the ball (barring injury). I think '13 would be the time to get out next RB. Just my opinion...

Also, rookie RBs have a much greater history of being productive than do most other positions.

Jacobs was terrible in short yardage last year.

This also tells me the defense will know exactly what we want to do when only Dixon or Hunter is in...or will we have a full house double tight backfield with Vernon and Fleener, playaction with Hunter and Jacobs running opposite flats.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Jacobs was terrible in short yardage last year.

reading some of the tweets on Brandon Jacobs, it looks like The Ravens were interested in him too. Jim cock blocked his brother

• cciowa
  • Veteran

exactly.We need someone whose name is not dixon to spell gore and actually, unlike dixon, be able to pick up a key yard on third and one.got no problem with this . if rathman is ok with it and if coach is ok with it i am fine.So what if he runs his mouth, so does vernon davis.On a side note, ever since jacobs called rex ryan and a big mouth and a big bellied coach he has been a rare player who is not a 49er that i like very much
wow!
I think at this point in the offeseason, they are just signing guys to throw them in the pot and see who will emerged better in camp. This is a wait and see after camp signing for me. Like the Moss signing.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Not a big fan of this. I would've much rather drafted Gore's replacement (like Doug Martin).

This isnt about replacing Gore

What about Dixon's contributions to the TonyMontana cew? I don't think Jacobs is an upgrade on STs.

That's why they signed Cartwright
I hope this is a LOW cost deal where he can be cut at any time. For his size, he doesn't scare anyone as a thumper runner! And he was known as a malcontent in the Giants locker room.

And he doesn't play special teams right?

Not sure this is an upgrade over Dixon - at least Dixon is young and a good locker room guy.
Share 49ersWebzone