There are 192 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can he play guard
honest question for yall, does this turn out better or worse than when we signed desahun foster?
WTF?! I thought this would be a slow day in FA. Instead, I'm just now catching up on the news. So much for his trash-talking before the NFC game. I wonder if he's gonna go around and tell the "best D in the NFL" that he's still not scared of them in person. I guess A. Dixon is really in for some competition since I read he's missed blitz pick up assignments. If Jacobs could just improve on that alone, he may be an improvement over Dixon. I'm 50/50 on this signing, but if it gives us more depth, then I'll trust Rathman/Harbaugh on this.
Dixon has yet to tweet since we signed this guy.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this year getting RB is a waste

next year is better much better prospects and better players

too bad that our team's core will be another year older and the title window a year shorter.
Aside from Justin Smith, Jennings, and Akers our team is relatively young (mentioning just guys who had an impact last year. I know Randy's old). Mostly all players are either in their prime or are before it.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Terrible signing. I dont care what anyone says.

And nobody cares what u say

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this year getting RB is a waste

next year is better much better prospects and better players
agree, i think this removes a running back from the draft this year with the one year deal given to him. if i am wrong, i have been wrong before i think he will respect rathman and the head coach and if somone like the wonderfull bill from the pats can manage some guys who run thier mouth, who is to say we can not be the nfc version of that
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I have never hated a current 49er, but I really don't like Jacobs at all. Dude runs his mouth to much, doesn't back up anything he says, and is soft.

he won't do that here. Rathman won't let him. Jacobs gets with the program or he's gone.

I don't like Jacobs either but this is another zero risk high reward kind of signing.
I hope so, just don't see any reward coming from this guy. Hopefully he makes me eat crow and I can change my tune about him. But I'm definitely not gonna be holding my breath waiting for it.

just like with the Josh Johnson signing, I think signing Jacobs is mostly a competition move, meant to push the younger guys at the position, who will in turn push the entrenched starter. If Jacobs makes the team he fills a valuable role. If not, its because Dixon (or another guy we get in the draft) played better and also fills that role. Either way its a win for the 49ers.
Originally posted by crabman82:
honest question for yall, does this turn out better or worse than when we signed desahun foster?

I think better. Jacobs is a very specialized back. We were counting on Foster to be a true #2, and I don't think we will be that foolish this time. Should Frank go down (knock on wood) Jacobs and Hunter would provide an excellent contrast in styles at the RB position. If Frank doesn't go down, he is at the very least a short yardage nightmare for other teams.
Why not Bush? When the 49ers passed on bush, I thought they were drafting a RB.

Originally posted by crabman82:

Brandon Jacobs is way better than Deshaun Foster ever was
I have never hated a current 49er, but I really don't like Jacobs at all. Dude runs his mouth to much, doesn't back up anything he says, and is soft.

he won't do that here. Rathman won't let him. Jacobs gets with the program or he's gone.

I don't like Jacobs either but this is another zero risk high reward kind of signing.
I hope so, just don't see any reward coming from this guy. Hopefully he makes me eat crow and I can change my tune about him. But I'm definitely not gonna be holding my breath waiting for it.

just like with the Josh Johnson signing, I think signing Jacobs is mostly a competition move, meant to push the younger guys at the position, who will in turn push the entrenched starter. If Jacobs makes the team he fills a valuable role. If not, its because Dixon (or another guy we get in the draft) played better and also fills that role. Either way its a win for the 49ers.

I hear what your saying. And if anything he'll be a good tackling dummy (and i do mean dummy) during training camp for guys like Justin, Aldon, Patrick, and NaVarro to beat up on while keeping our other guys healthy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Dixon has yet to tweet since we signed this guy.

he does that better and more than running with the ball, you do not think the coaches know that as well?I do not care about the age, i got no problem replacing another glen coffee potential with a vet who just won a super bowl for one year.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Terrible signing. I dont care what anyone says.

And nobody cares what u say

personal attack
Jim Harbaugh said this morning "like being a carpenter you need a lot of tools saw isn't more important than a hammer" I guess that kinda answers some of the questions on why all the FA signings.
[ Edited by 49ersOnMINE on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone