LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol first manningham now jacobs any other gints from last year are FA?
Originally posted by cciowa:
if he outworks and outplays dixon in camp that tells us all we need to know about dixon.Besides he can help spell gore for a year , we do not have to spend a draft choice on a back and can draft gores eventual replacement next year. sheesh, i am all for signing guys who just won super bowls and want to play for us.i do not concern myself with worries that he runs his mouth cuz i know the coach and his coaches will nip that in the bud if it goes to far.i do not think there is a problem with our team having a little edge to it.i have always said in the second off season and in the second year of a coaches regime is where you really see major changes in terms of what they want to do and what players they do not want from the previous regime. Spencer is an example, chilo is an example, norris will be soon and that is why i think the jury is still out on crabtree. the second year is when you see big changes

Oh I think Dixon is a piece of poop, but I'm looking to the draft to replace Dixon, and eventually Gore. Hopefully we still draft that RB to compete with Jacobs and Dixon.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol first manningham now jacobs any other gints from last year are FA?

Eli Manning?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
dont be a b***h jacobs

Just run forward.
ugh cant stand jacobes but he sure as hell better be able to get those 1 yd 1st downs or tds
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
if he outworks and outplays dixon in camp that tells us all we need to know about dixon.Besides he can help spell gore for a year , we do not have to spend a draft choice on a back and can draft gores eventual replacement next year. sheesh, i am all for signing guys who just won super bowls and want to play for us.i do not concern myself with worries that he runs his mouth cuz i know the coach and his coaches will nip that in the bud if it goes to far.i do not think there is a problem with our team having a little edge to it.i have always said in the second off season and in the second year of a coaches regime is where you really see major changes in terms of what they want to do and what players they do not want from the previous regime. Spencer is an example, chilo is an example, norris will be soon and that is why i think the jury is still out on crabtree. the second year is when you see big changes
IF he runs his mouth and motivates the team thats awesome, I hope harbaugh keeps him out of the media though.
JH runs a pretty tight ship. My consern is controlling ALL of these characters. I hope it works out.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Oh I think Dixon is a piece of poop, but I'm looking to the draft to replace Dixon, and eventually Gore. Hopefully we still draft that RB to compete with Jacobs and Dixon.

this year getting RB is a waste

next year is better much better prospects and better players
To me this move is a headscratcher. However, I will trust in Baalke and Harbaugh.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I have never hated a current 49er, but I really don't like Jacobs at all. Dude runs his mouth to much, doesn't back up anything he says, and is soft.

he won't do that here. Rathman won't let him. Jacobs gets with the program or he's gone.

I don't like Jacobs either but this is another zero risk high reward kind of signing.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Dixon's camp competition? Try Gore.

the only thing Gore and Dixon will be in competition for is to the teams Chutes and Ladders champion.

This is also the idiot that wanted the 49ers to "hit him in the head".

"To get knocked out, that means they hit me in the head," Jacobs said. "I wish like hell one of them tried to hit me in the head.

"I want one of those. Because that means they're staying high. They're not staying low to the ground and trying to make tackles."

and then carried 5 times for 13 yards.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this year getting RB is a waste

next year is better much better prospects and better players

too bad that our team's core will be another year older and the title window a year shorter.
Boo.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I have never hated a current 49er, but I really don't like Jacobs at all. Dude runs his mouth to much, doesn't back up anything he says, and is soft.

he won't do that here. Rathman won't let him. Jacobs gets with the program or he's gone.

I don't like Jacobs either but this is another zero risk high reward kind of signing.
I hope so, just don't see any reward coming from this guy. Hopefully he makes me eat crow and I can change my tune about him. But I'm definitely not gonna be holding my breath waiting for it.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
IF he runs his mouth and motivates the team thats awesome, I hope harbaugh keeps him out of the media though.
JH runs a pretty tight ship. My consern is controlling ALL of these characters. I hope it works out.

SF isn't NY. Jacobs will not face the type of media out here that he faced there, which means less opportunities for his to say something stupid.

Jacobs is a nice add. I would have preferred trading for Jonathan Stewart or adding an every down back through the draft (which we might still do) but Jacobs is a two-time SB winner and, when motivated, can be a handful. He's not perfect, but none of the 49ers free agent signings are. It would appear that the 49ers are looking to add depth and competition through free agency, which should allow them to key on BPA in the draft and not give any other team a "tell" with respect to what positions they are targeting.
Share 49ersWebzone