LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

2012 49ers WR Corps

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Trent doesn't draft a WR until late..say 5th or later what will be the consensus?

That won't happen.
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Trent doesn't draft a WR until late..say 5th or later what will be the consensus?

Interesting comment by T Dilfer this week--says that only one WR in the draft is ready to play in the NFL without a lot of work on getting off the line quickly. Believe it was Wright he was speaking of as a positive, but said Blackman, Sanu, Floyd, and all the other top WRs will need to learn how to get separation off the snap.
Not Elvis Akpla.... But hes not on any of the talking heads radars. Elvis is gonna be the steal this year.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Wouldn't Mari Manningham be #2?
It seems as though we are now beginning to talk about our inconsistency at WR. Maybe we keep it out of the QB threads so I found this one.
Well, I have said in several threads that the receivers are not what I was hoping for. I give them time and I am hopeful about the Manningham/Crabtree combo, but Moss is not right now where I wanted him to be.

I guess we could go the smurf route a la Glanville or the NY/NJ Knights guy whose name I forget but not sure our guys are fast enough. I think the receivers remain a work in progress.

Much as they were in 1984!
Here's what I dont understand. Moss still gets respect from Cbs. He had three guys on him when Kaep bomded it to the endzone on Sunday. Why dont we call plays that get our playmakers open? Moss is good as a decoy, but he'd be even better scoring points.

Also, I notice that we tend to focus on one reciever on any given drive rather than passing the ball around within a drive. I'm not sure if that's play design or Alex? Its so extreme I have to believe we intend to do it.

I love our run game, but hate our passing attack right now. I dont think the Wrs are the problem. I think some of it's Alex and some of its coaching. I'm just not sure of the percentages right now.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Here's what I dont understand. Moss still gets respect from Cbs. He had three guys on him when Kaep bomded it to the endzone on Sunday. Why dont we call plays that get our playmakers open? Moss is good as a decoy, but he'd be even better scoring points.

Also, I notice that we tend to focus on one reciever on any given drive rather than passing the ball around within a drive. I'm not sure if that's play design or Alex? Its so extreme I have to believe we intend to do it.

I love our run game, but hate our passing attack right now. I dont think the Wrs are the problem. I think some of it's Alex and some of its coaching. I'm just not sure of the percentages right now.

If Moss is covered by 3, I have to believe we have VD or Crabs One on One somewhere...
Is it partially the line? Pass protection not their forte IMO

The receivers are fine. They're getting open. Just not connecting with the QB.
Originally posted by niners94:
The receivers are fine. They're getting open. Just not connecting with the QB.

Too many drops.

And how come Davis can pull them in but not the receivers?
Originally posted by English:
Well, I have said in several threads that the receivers are not what I was hoping for. I give them time and I am hopeful about the Manningham/Crabtree combo, but Moss is not right now where I wanted him to be.

I guess we could go the smurf route a la Glanville or the NY/NJ Knights guy whose name I forget but not sure our guys are fast enough. I think the receivers remain a work in progress.

Much as they were in 1984!

I am sort of disappointed that we are not designing plays that get Moss manned up along with throwing these. Even though he is "old," man coverage on 84 is a high percentage for the offense.

I would love to see Manningham being used on a backside deep post on some designed rollouts. Let's say it's a sprint right with blocking shift to the right. Put Moss on the right side to takeaway that FS on that side and send Manningham on a deep post from the left side. Those backside deep plays work big when they work. This would also buy time for the OL if needed.

Also note: Ginn was being talked about very well this off season. I wonder if we would have used him much more if he did not get injured.
Too many drops.

Why can Alex hit Davis in the hands on deep routes, but not his Wrs....

Its one of the world's great mysteries.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Too many drops.

Why can Alex hit Davis in the hands on deep routes, but not his Wrs....

Its one of the world's great mysteries.

the WRs have to actually stick their hands out for the ball.. It's not gonna always magically appear in their hands at their sides.
Share 49ersWebzone