2012 49ers WR Corps

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Even with Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., and Kyle Williams... I'm still not satisfied with the 49ers WR depth! I'd add 2 more in the draft. I'm not banking on Randy Moss making the 49ers 53-man roster! And Ted Ginn is primarily a return man on special teams, NOTHING MORE.
Yea I'd like to see us add a few more receivers.

Ideally, I want 7 or 8 guys that have a legit shot to make the 53-man roster, and we keep 5 or 6 of them.
And if Moss makes the roster, at 35 he doesn't heal as fast from the inevitable punishment he will take. So it's likely he won't play a full 16 game season.

BTW, I hope he still has a full season in his tank. My fingers are crossed.
To go a step further do we keep 5 or 6 on the final roster..and how many will dress?

If Moss does flame out I don't see it in camp...would be later in the year.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM ]
[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM ]
double post
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Even with Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., and Kyle Williams... I'm still not satisfied with the 49ers WR depth! I'd add 2 more in the draft. I'm not banking on Randy Moss making the 49ers 53-man roster! And Ted Ginn is primarily a return man on special teams, NOTHING MORE.

How the hell can you put crabtree on the top of the depth chart especially after his performance in the playoffs. He's a 3 at best.
Now that we have Moss, I would definitely draft a receiver with similar size and speed, cause the opportunity to be mentored by Moss could inspire a rookie receiver to be as good as he can be. Look at TO as a rookie working with Jerry Rice. Or, Justin Smith's influence on Ray McDonald and Ricky Jean Francios.
Originally posted by dave1003:
How the hell can you put crabtree on the top of the depth chart especially after his performance in the playoffs. He's a 3 at best.

C'mon man. Crabtree is a legit starting WR. Whether he is a true #1 or not is still debatable, but he had good production this year considering we threw the ball so little. He will benefit greatly by having more talent around him. Moss and Manningham > Williams and Swain.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
C'mon man. Crabtree is a legit starting WR. Whether he is a true #1 or not is still debatable, but he had good production this year considering we threw the ball so little. He will benefit greatly by having more talent around him. Moss and Manningham > Williams and Swain.

The guy will never be a 1. Best case scenario he becomes a 2. I would take manningham over him right now. Better route runner, better hands, faster. He was the giants 3 last year and look what he did in the playoffs.
Originally posted by dave1003:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

It's not my list. I agree, Crabtree should be the #3 in the slot.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Crabtree is a number 2. He would be a perfect compliment to a Mike Wallace
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Nah.

Moss and Manningham will line up outside. Crabtree, Davis and Walker will get everything over the middle and look to get YAC.

This is a perfect setup for Crabtree's skills. If he's healthy and committed, it should be his best year yet.

As far as overall skill set is concerned, Crabtree is this team's #1 WR. And I don't think it's that close.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Not for the price Wallace wants!!
Share 49ersWebzone