There are 226 users in the forums

Offseason So Far.....How do you feel overall?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Going into the offseason, my biggest concern was keeping the D together. I figured we'd keep 2 of the following 3: Goldson, Brooks, and Rogers, with Brooks the most likely to leave. Instead, we were able to get all three back. We then went out and added some important pieces at need positions (specifically WR) without breaking the bank. We even got Ginn back. That's impressive. Our only losses so far have been Snyder and Costanzo, who, while great character guys, are imminently replaceable.

We're set up great for the draft, heading into it without having any real pressing needs. That's going to allow us to go BPA, and make this team even more beastly.

Can't wait for the season!
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

This! If they had gotten Schwartz to play RG it would be A+ work. I'm thinking they like Kilgore more than we realize.
Not sure how it could have reasonably gone much better.

Return all of starting D? Check.

Return special teams intact? Almost. I don't like losing Costanzo, but Cartwright can cover and is an experienced a return guy.

Get better offensive personnel on the outside? Check. Moss and Manningham give us two experienced deep threats, and we didn't break the bank for either. Moss's contract is especially nice, as I understand that he doesn't get paid if he's not on the opening day roster.
Edit: Just found out that we paid less for Manningham than the 'skins paid for Morgan. Marathe is a freaking ninja, I tell ya.

But. here's what's most important to me:
We're going into the draft in a position that we haven't been in a while. We're not going to be asking our first round pick to turn around a franchise. We've put ourselves in a position to draft BPA, like the Steelers and Ravens do yearly. Every position that we could address with pick #30, with the exception of RG, has a legit starter already in place.

[ Edited by AthensGaNiner on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:53 AM ]
i think were pretty much set for free agents, draft come aready!
  • mod
  • Veteran
I can dig it
think we covered pretty much what everyone wanted!
I'd like another Guard; but, we've done good...
So, saying we have about a little over 4 million to sign our draft picks do we extend Goldson this year or wait until next year?
This off-season has far exceeded my expectations. All the players we kept and added, plus the coaching staff. The 9ers have some mojo now and others want some.
im happy with what weve done, i think the FO is going to surprise everyone when we take a top guard at #30.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Im happy with what we have done so far.

Re-signed all are big name guys

Added a few players at WR

Didnt over pay for Alex or committed too long.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for sspiker.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
So, saying we have about a little over 4 million to sign our draft picks do we extend Goldson this year or wait until next year?

Extending Goldson would increase our cap room this year.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
im happy with what weve done, i think the FO is going to surprise everyone when we take a top guard at #30.

webzone is going to go crazy if we get an o linemen with the 30th pick lol
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

webzone is going to go crazy if we get an o linemen with the 30th pick lol

i know right?? we are the #1 team in the nfl that has used the most recent #1 picks on O-lineman. i guess the 10' draft of iuptai and davis shot us up there because of chilo/staley :P
Share 49ersWebzone