LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Offseason So Far.....How do you feel overall?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Defense is in tact and wr position just got alot better. A solid draft should be the cherry on top.
I would feel better if we had signed a legit RG. But I doubt we have much cap space left unless we cut Haralson. But that would just make us really thin at OLB. Either way we have depth issues going into the draft. Other than that I can't complain.
Based on the fact that all the important parts (including the entire defense) of last year's NFC Championship team are returning, it's pretty hard to complain about...add to that that our receiving core has the potential to be much better than last year and we will actually have the same OC for two consecutive seasons, I'm pretty excited about 2012.
Loved our offseason! Baalke kept the entire defense intact, brought back the majority of our special teams unit and improved our biggest weakness on offense at WR. If we can draft a solid RG and draft a five tech DT to develop behind Justin smith it's a perfect offseason for me.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:33 PM ]
i like every position besides RG being set. I think this draft will allow us to become deeper and more flexible with what we can do on Offense and Defense. Imagine a 3TE set with DWalk, Fleener, and VD If we gave them problems with our 2TE thru the air and on the ground, imagine what that would do.
Originally posted by Squidp:
i like every position besides RG being set. I think this draft will allow us to become deeper and more flexible with what we can do on Offense and Defense. Imagine a 3TE set with DWalk, Fleener, and VD If we gave them problems with our 2TE thru the air and on the ground, imagine what that would do.

With Crabtree, Moss and Manningham on the field our 2 TE set (Walker and Davis) will be phenomenal! Who do you double?

I wouldn't be terribly upset if we do draft Fleener but I'd rather see the OL help, some more depth at DLine or WR. Moss is a one year and out signing and both Crabtree and Manningham have 2 year deals.

Overall grade A for the offseason. If we could get a vet RG then it'll take it up to an A++
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I would feel better if we had signed a legit RG. But I doubt we have much cap space left unless we cut Haralson. But that would just make us really thin at OLB. Either way we have depth issues going into the draft. Other than that I can't complain.

Cutting Haralson wouldn't just make our OLB depth thin . . . it would be invisible. He's not just a back-up, he's a veteran with a full year's experience in Fangio's system and has NOBODY behind him. In my mind that makes him more valuable than practically any other back-up on the team. Maybe they can negotiate an extension and reduce his salary to the level of a back-up, otherwise I think they let Haralson's contract alone until next year after they can bring another OLB and get him up to speed.
I really don't know that we could ask for more...the entire defense is returning, intact. Re-signed Alex, Signed Josh Johnson, signed Manningham, signed Moss, signed Cox. The only major need is RG...and I know Kilgore will work his butt off to earn that position. However, I see Baalke drafting one of the several studs...talking Zeitler, Osemele, guys like that. Of course, Fleener w/1st pick, no doubt.
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by Squidp:

With Crabtree, Moss and Manningham on the field our 2 TE set (Walker and Davis) will be phenomenal! Who do you double?

I wouldn't be terribly upset if we do draft Fleener but I'd rather see the OL help, some more depth at DLine or WR. Moss is a one year and out signing and both Crabtree and Manningham have 2 year deals.

Overall grade A for the offseason. If we could get a vet RG then it'll take it up to an A++
Greatest part about that is, either way we go we are gonna kill. I think the 2 rookie OL (last yr) will continue to develop and i think Dobbs is gonna have a greater role.
Id like to come away from this draft with a quality SS/FS,WR, OLB
Very happy. The strength of our team, being the return game and defense, is completely intact and arguably better with the addition of Cox. Even better than that we didn't have to break the bank on a receiver. Mark my words Vincent Jackson will be a bust of a signing.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Defense is in tact and wr position just got alot better. A solid draft should be the cherry on top.

feels fukcin great!
Its been a good off season so far. I suspect there are going to be some surprises in the draft.
I don't see how anyone could grade the 49ers off season as anything other than an A. I was skeptical at times, but once again this front office never ceases to amaze. Great Job. And that's not even considering the draft.

I still say we even may still draft 2 WR. Cant wait for camp. May the best men win.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Sidekicks........

On a serious note, I'm praying that HarBaalke can somehow move up and land DeCastro. I don't know what it would take to get into the early teens, if he even lasts that long. Any thoughts? Or should I create a thread??..
the only thing I don't like about this offseason is that its the second year in a row we did nothing about the RG position. Other than that, I'm pretty happy.
Share 49ersWebzone