LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Offseason So Far.....How do you feel overall?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
im happy with what weve done, i think the FO is going to surprise everyone when we take a top guard at #30.

webzone is going to go crazy if we get an o linemen with the 30th pick lol

I hope we dont take a Guard at 30.
im happy with what weve done, i think the FO is going to surprise everyone when we take a top guard at #30.

It worked out with Anthony Davis and Iupatti. If they're is a bestly RG there, I'm all for it.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

It worked out with Anthony Davis and Iupatti. If they're is a bestly RG there, I'm all for it.

Agreed. If Fleener isn't there, I'm guessing it will be the best OG or RB. WR in round 2 or 3.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed. If Fleener isn't there, I'm guessing it will be the best OG or RB. WR in round 2 or 3.

I think RB is a very good possibility if a good WR is not there.
Originally posted by susweel:

Based on the little value placed on RBs these days, I bet we could get a stud at 30. However, there is also a part of me that thinks 50 percent of a RBs production has to do with the line. Only a truley "elite" RB makes a big difference. I think Denver proved this to be the case.

RB in 1st? Or did you mean 2nd or 3rd? If 49ers get RB in 1st, this is prob Gore's last year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Howlett49:

RB in 1st? Or did you mean 2nd or 3rd? If 49ers get RB in 1st, this is prob Gore's last year.

Frank the tank is breaking down he cant be relied on to carry the load much longer. Also Hunter is not big enough to be a the bell cow so we need another back.
yea i have no problem at all with the off season
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Based on the little value placed on RBs these days, I bet we could get a stud at 30. However, there is also a part of me that thinks 50 percent of a RBs production has to do with the line. Only a truley "elite" RB makes a big difference. I think Denver proved this to be the case.

Absolutely! I come from the philosophy that without winning and dominating the trenches, nothing else works. Period. If no Fleener, then b/c of the glaring need (for depth if nothing else), RG is your pick and a later RB (like Gore) is picked up in the 2nd or 3rd.

Fleener, OG, RB or WR.

Then OLB, ILB, C, S, etc.

PS: Will this be the 1st draft ever we DON'T pick up a QB?
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM ]
Wow, wow and wow. This offseason has been rather impressive. Depth is our only need going into the draft.

I would be worried about RG, but after last offseason when we lost Spikes and Franklin, i was concerned. However the coaching staff and FO had a plan and it worked. I think Kilgore and Person will probably do better than expected.

Looking good, no worries.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Absolutely! I come from the philosophy that without winning and dominating the trenches, nothing else works. Period. If no Fleener, then b/c of the glaring need (for depth if nothing else), RG is your pick and a later RB (like Gore) is picked up in the 2nd or 3rd.

Fleener, OG, RB or WR.

thats happened many times already

Fleener, OG, RB or WR.

I sure hope so. Based on "potential talent" our QB roster seems loaded.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Scale of 1-10: 8.5. The Moss signing bother me.
at first it did me to. But then i figure that diva guys like him are good when you sign them to one year deals, he is hungry, he has pride and wants his career to end on a good note, he also respects our coach . i also figure even at his age he will command more respect and a extra safety than morgan ever did which will help our running game as well.

also, we will still draft at least one WR, I imagine, and Moss isn't guaranteed a spot at all. if he earns his spot, its a great signing. if he doesn't, hey, it was worth a try.

No downside to the Moss signing at all.
I don't disagree with any of that. What bothers me is that he was signed at all. Given his history (hell, its all we have to go on ) and the closeness of this locker-room I just don't see a Randy Moss as a good fit. We are building for long-term success, Moss dosen't fit there. Even if he tears the field up this year (doubt it) at best he gets extended a year, if at all. In this style of offense WR's need to be good route runners with the ability to digest a real route -tree, good blockers, selfless, consistantly visit the middle of the field, read and adjust to blitzs. Crabs has a problem with much of what I listed as well. Now we have two of them. Even thoughit's just one year one mil, its still a waste of time.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I don't disagree with any of that. What bothers me is that he was signed at all. Given his history (hell, its all we have to go on ) and the closeness of this locker-room I just don't see a Randy Moss as a good fit. We are building for long-term success, Moss dosen't fit there. Even if he tears the field up this year (doubt it) at best he gets extended a year, if at all. In this style of offense WR's need to be good route runners with the ability to digest a real route -tree, good blockers, selfless, consistantly visit the middle of the field, read and adjust to blitzs. Crabs has a problem with much of what I listed as well. Now we have two of them. Even thoughit's just one year one mil, its still a waste of time.

Harbaugh thinks it's a good idea to have Moss on the team, then it is a good idea to have Moss on the team.
Share 49ersWebzone