LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Offseason So Far.....How do you feel overall?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're in a perfect situation for drafting BPA this season, which only makes a full roster even stronger.
B+ so far is my grade. what they do in the draft will determine if they get an A+. If they don't sign a FA guard, then that means the niners will draft at least 2 Guards. remember we lost Snyder and Chilo. If Goodwin goes down, Kilgore has to slide over to center, and a guard will need to replace him, meaning no B/U. So that is why I think they use a 1 or 2 on a guard, and starts ahead of Kilgore maybe.
It's been outstanding...good FA signings and re-signed the right guys. Any time you can go into the draft and literally take BPA, you're doing a lot of things right. A tip of the cap to Baalke and the entire FO.
  • ak49
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
All they really need is a RG, another WR and depth. When was the last time we were in that good of a position? I'm totally amazed the offseason went this well. If you would have told me this at the beginning of FA and I would have thought we lose Rogers and Ahamad Brooks both and probably don't get any decent WR's. Just didn't think we could afford it. They kept a lot of their own key players, signed other FA's and didn't overpay for anybody. They only have 1 - 2 needs come draft time plus depth and special teams contributors. Just amazing IMO. I'd give it an A grade.

I agree. Looking forward to the draft. Getting Ginn back and keeping the D in tact was huge - cause we need all the help we can get from special teams and D on field positioning.
I'm a little concerned that the D and the Special teams may not be able to perform like they did last year - which was absolutely amazing. As far as the offense goes, we already know that we're not going to be a high scoring offense that gets a lot of yards. That is simply not possible w/ AS as the QB. But I do hope that our pickups make life a little easier for AS.
"As far as the offense goes, we already know that we're not going to be a high scoring offense that gets a lot of yards. That is simply not possible w/ AS as the QB. But I do hope that our pickups make life a little easier for AS."

this one should get some mileage
[ Edited by Allx9er on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
"As far as the offense goes, we already know that we're not going to be a high scoring offense that gets a lot of yards. That is simply not possible w/ AS as the QB. But I do hope that our pickups make life a little easier for AS."

I'm just gonna say that 3600 yards passing 2000 yards rushing from this offense would seal a superbowl with our defense. keep the turnovers low and add a couple touchdowns you know?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I'm just gonna say that 3600 yards passing 2000 yards rushing from this offense would seal a superbowl with our defense. keep the turnovers low and add a couple touchdowns you know?

With each and every game being only one dumb mistake away from us losing....no...that means someone isn't doing their job well enough.
Share 49ersWebzone