There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our WR contracts...little alarming?

Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
WR's are a dime a dozen. Only idiots get obsessed with flashy skill positions.

how did this help down the stretch?

how did this help in the NFC Championship game?

combination of both. Alex wasn't on his A game, and the WRs were terrible. Never should we have guys like Swain and Hastings at WR. None could get open, and Alex couldn't find them if they were. We need to improve on Offense, mainly Passing game.

WR wise it is alarming with only one WR signed thru 2014(Crabtree), and others like Hastings, Matthews and Bogan who are signed thru 2013 aren't likely long term answers. Kyle Williams will fight for a spot. The only guy I see as a possible long term guy is Manningham, if he works here he is a keeper after 2013. Crabtree needs more time, and needs to stay healthy.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm far more alarmed at our lack of depth at OLB. We got away with it last year.

+1 Grant and the big question mark (as much as I'm excited about Kilgore) at RG is what has me worried at the moment.

Regarding our crop of short-time wide outs, you can look at them one of two ways: 1) You've got a bunch of hungry guys on short contracts with something to prove, or 2) we've got a couple of #2's and a bunch of #3's that aren't worth locking up, not yet at least. I don't see any reason to place a premium on stability over results, not with this motley crew.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I trust "the plan".

At some point, everyone will understand.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
WR's are a dime a dozen. Only idiots get obsessed with flashy skill positions.

WRs are not dime a dozen.. ask Matt Millen
I have a feeling the coach wants to see who is really responsible for the lack of passing: QB or WR. If it is the QB, then that means we will need to replace Alex. If it is the WRs, then we will extend some of these guys.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm far more alarmed at our lack of depth at OLB. We got away with it last year.

+1 Grant and the big question mark (as much as I'm excited about Kilgore) at RG is what has me worried at the moment.

Regarding our crop of short-time wide outs, you can look at them one of two ways: 1) You've got a bunch of hungry guys on short contracts with something to prove, or 2) we've got a couple of #2's and a bunch of #3's that aren't worth locking up, not yet at least. I don't see any reason to place a premium on stability over results, not with this motley crew.

#2 was kind of my point. We have a group of guys who are all big ? and none stand out being overly impressive. I would rather take the combined contracts of 2 or 3 of them and get a single better player. If none work out we have a lot of turnover in a short period and QB's need a decent rapport with the WR's.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Omfg...I did not need to see goatse right now. What the f**k.